DOA6 EVO Japan 2019: DOA World Championship, Mai and Season Pass

15-dead-or-alive-6-world-championship-announced-over-90000-cash-pri.jpg

Team NINJA presented DOA6 today at EVO Japan in Fukuoka starting at 8pm Pacific Time. The stream was live via openrec, and the event started with a professional player exhibition and ended with Shimbori presenting information for DOA6. Every character will be unlocked for attendees at EVO Japan, and special DOA6 demos from Siologica and Teru Rock were live streamed.

DOA World Championship was revealed at the show with 90k up for grabs and more details coming soon. Just a few weeks ago I expressed the importance of a championship in my opinion piece, and it's good to see that they do have serious plans in the works for DOAs offline community. A timed demo will be coming out next weekend so you can begin preparing for the championships with all 24 base game characters and some important features unlocked.

The season pass was announced and will contain more than 60 costumes and a collaboration with the King of Fighters XIV featuring costumes and 2 guest characters for the game. Mai is coming back from DOA5 to DOA6 as a playable character, and another yet to be revealed. For pre-ordering the first season pass you get one bonus costume for Nyo-Tengu and a NiCO accessory that all fighters can wear with the first volume of costumes releasing for the pass being wedding themed.

Siologica won the exhibition using both NiCO and Diego. He showcased NiCO's lightning launcher in greater depth and revealed that it also guard breaks! At one point he hit AKA with an 18 hit combo on Miyabi making the character look very strong before the official release. Showcasing the new characters from one of the best DOA players in the world was likely the focal point of this exhibition from Team NINJA.

God's Garden presented a mini-tournament for DOA6 at EVO Japan, and it showcased the gameplay and graphics beautifully. Levels that were previously displayed with bad lighting (Colosseum and Road Rage) have appeared to be fixed. The reflecting light off of white costumes has also been fixed for the final build.

DOA6 had a decent showing at the event, and while there are more details to be released soon it's nice to see DOA going the right direction competitively. Most players will agree that Mai was an excellent addition to DOA5 and will likely be just as rewarding in DOA6. We ask that you continue to follow us at FSD for all of the latest news on these exciting new topics!

Last edited:
It was pretty cool seeing that Mai was conformed again, wonder what if they'll do another costume collection like what DOA5LR did last time. Its good to know DOA6 has Season Pass, all I need to know is what the rest has to offer within this pack, and when this survey feedback is available.

She was proving that boobs bounce in real life to SJWs. What's wrong with that? DOA is still on its way to CEO, I don't get what the big deal is and how you could say something as absurd as "it's all over now."

I just wanted to point out how TN can be clumsy in messages they send to gamers, especially in a serious game convention. It's going to discredit them and it is sad.

Reactions: YEH
Sure what they did was intended for Mature audiences, but DOA6 is an M rated game and part of that reason is sexual content. I think it's more of a flaw in how Twitch is designed more than it being EVO or KT's fault. Should have just been intended for Mature audiences, not removed completely just because they didn't agree with it.

I really do think it was a joke at the end of the day, that probably didn't go how KT expected it too, but it shouldn't have embarrassed anyone that wasn't there. If I was Shimbori I would be slightly embarrassed yes, but what's done is done and there is no point in being offended over spilled milk. Especially seeing as how that's a very common scenario in Japanese gaming events and if it was Soul Calibur nobody would have said or done a thing.

Last edited:
On a positive note:
1- Great collection of stuff revealed to hype every type of gamer.
2- Actual PC loading times are quick (mostly because of NVMe SSD), but still faster than previously shown.
3- The games color wasn't seen well because of HDR mode over incompatible capture equipment (99% sure it's the reason).
4- NiCO :nico::cool:o_O
5- Pro potential delivered by the hands of pros.
6- The debacle reopened conversation about DOA's identity and roots on a large scale, this time they should become wiser, unless they double down :eek: (they = TN or KT, whomever is making the calls).

Oh god. When I was typing up the story for the portions of the event that mattered I did not see the Nyo-Tengu and Bass part (but I have now) -- just the two girls. OMG. Well...

latest

Ironically, that's now vanished as most people are railing on Mr. Wizard well before even remotely railing on DOA. No seriously look around, most people aren't even focused on it anymore.

When I saw this i thought it was quite hilarious, I don’t get what the fuss is all about, those turds been jacking off since puberty but now they wanna act like a bunch prudes. Violence and gore is all fine and dandy but sex? Oh god no, we have to think about the children watching this stream!

I couldn't watch the live Stream, just ended seeing the stream grab on youtube right now while fast fowarding to the matches and slides as I don't speak Japanese. I learned about the controversy in a non-linear way and absorved the knowledge by osmose reading all the comments here (I'm "secretly" curious t know what exactly bad stuff was show on stream :cool:). So here my two cents, starting with the positive side:

Pros:

Guest characters :) Altough I'd prefer TN sticked DOA chars firstly, I understand that the game needs money to continue growing. If it only breaks even KT will just cancel the series. Do you guys really want a post DOA4 scenario? Could be from any other FG, as KoF and VF had their turn, but it all boils down to business. SNK and KT shaked hands before, so they felt confident to do it again. Would it be unfair to only KoF chars coming back, as VF is even more closely related to DOA's history than KoF. I want a male char as the 2nd KoF guest and Kage from VF, it's a ninjas' game afterall.

E-sports :) 90K can look lackluster to some, but it is what it is. I'm glad that KT believed in it in the 1st place. Can't talk much else because again, I don't speak Japanese. Actually, I came back here not for polemics, but to grab a detailed translation of all what they said.

Season Pass :thumbs up: I'd love to have a more free approach, given the fact the DOA core fanbase is the more into beauty, be it costumes + stages (don't misinterpret beautiful costumes, please). Nothing like Core Fighters cos KT needs some certainty and $ before hand to get the content delivery ball rolling. The costumes are awsome, I just don't like 1 Nyo's costume. That mask should be a separated wooden piece, made the rest of the costume to look silly.

When I saw this i thought it was quite hilarious, I don’t get what the fuss is all about, those turds been jacking off since puberty but now they wanna act like a bunch prudes. Violence and gore is all fine and dandy but sex? Oh god no, we have to think about the children watching this stream!

EVEN though it's an M-rated game... just like Mortal Kombat.

1. I don’t think it’s difficult to see why EVO would want to take caution regarding sexuality given the shift in the social conversation in America the last few years. Game being M-rated or otherwise, the stream isn’t intended to be an Adults Only stream. And TN should have been pretty aware of that. Of course, part of the bungling of this entire fan-service-or-not rollout of DOA6 is that there’s a clear disconnect between the Japanese team and the aim in marketing to the West.

2. I can’t express enough how much I want an option to turn off hold-back-to-block in this game. It would make movement/footsies so much easier and, in my opinion, more dynamic without the accidental blocking creep walk. I know that’s rarely the case for top level players, but it’s annoying to me.

Reactions: YEH
1. I don’t think it’s difficult to see why EVO would want to take caution regarding sexuality given the shift in the social conversation in America the last few years. Game being M-rated or otherwise, the stream isn’t intended to be an Adults Only stream. And TN should have been pretty aware of that. Of course, part of the bungling of this entire fan-service-or-not rollout of DOA6 is that there’s a clear disconnect between the Japanese team and the aim in marketing to the West.

2. I can’t express enough how much I want an option to turn off hold-back-to-block in this game. It would make movement/footsies so much easier and, in my opinion, more dynamic without the accidental blocking creep walk. I know that’s rarely the case for top level players, but it’s annoying to me.

Second point, agreed.

If the stream is intended for kids there should not be T-rated titles or M-rated titles at the event. Boobs shouldn't get it harder than mutilation.

If the stream is intended for kids there should not be T-rated titles or M-rated titles at the event. Boobs shouldn't get it harder than mutilation.

It just seemed silly to me that TN wouldn’t possibly know that leaning into sexuality would be stupid at an EVO event. We’re talking about a tournament that banned R.Mika costumes from broadcast play. There’s a history there and a clear stance from the tourney organizers of what they seek to present as part of their brand. Just felt like walking into a fancy steakhouse and ordering McDonalds, then being surprised when the restaurant wants you gone.

It just seemed silly to me that TN wouldn’t possibly know that leaning into sexuality would be stupid at an EVO event. We’re talking about a tournament that banned R.Mika costumes from broadcast play. There’s a history there and a clear stance from the tourney organizers of what they seek to present as part of their brand. Just felt like walking into a fancy steakhouse and ordering McDonalds, then being surprised when the restaurant wants you gone.

I think it was their way of showing how silly the NA double standard is. Their culture says those types of things don't matter and are there for entertainment value just like Mortal Kombat's over the top fatalities and Ivy's dominatrix persona... while it makes me slightly uncomfortable that it was showcased, you can't get mad at them without getting mad at everyone else for other things just as easy.

Keep in mind it was EVO JAPAN they would not have done this if it was the event in the US. They probably didn't even think about that fact that this is streamed to an international audience… and quite frankly the girls were probably a bit more… erm… enthusiastic than expected…
“Ohhhh… Honoka's boobs look so soft. Zoom in!” Shimbori: “We can also show other costumes” “Nah… we good… CLOSER!“
(not actual dialogue, but not too far off)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD