Examining DOA7 Hiroaki Morita Tweets Legitimacy

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Was it truly him though? I believe Matt mentioned it, but it was supposedly confirmed that he had nothing to do with the EVO situation. He only followed through it based off KT marketing teams.

Curious, why Yasuda specifically? is it because he's been in the building longer? there is literally someone in that building who's newly hired and is literally familiar with FGs. The individual I had in mind played and went to arcades for FGs in the past and does know how they work, he just never worked on it but can be a start after Wo Long or Ronin (?).

Course there's also the issue of whether or not he's even interested to do a FG since action games make bank so it may not even happen, but who's to say Yasuda won't run into the same exact troubles as Shimbori did, he'd literally be in the same palm that Shimbori was on. Yasuda's strong suit is also mostly action games no? If Shimbori had it rough for DOA and if Yasuda knows about it, is he going to also take that risk?

It is pretty niche in terms of the rest of the fighting games. People bought & heard about it, but not many would actually stay for the series. The amount of players that consistently play most of the other fighting games such as SF/Tekken exceed far higher than DOA. Sure it sold millions, but it doesn't mean much if people don't actually stay.

I do agree that KT should sit on it until it's time, but they legit do not know how to handle the FG one at this present time. DOAX/VV is literally carrying the series for "alive IP support".

DOA (the fighting game versions that is) needs a better backer and there is clear evidence for years already that KT is not very good at it. Maybe Xbox can buy the series or some shit I don't know lol.

Look at it this way: what is the point of defending Shimbori? People want to pick and choose what they believe of Morita? I line-up what I hear, along with the evidence of what happened that was presented and make a conclusion. The Ryona EVO appearance was stupid enough to get anyone fired and whatever credibility he thought he gave the game had with him backing it went out the window the day he did that. It's also pretty obvious the chair doesn't like drama at all and they back away from it or eliminate it when they can. The hair rental service didn't help, but the EVO incident was the biggest blow by far.

Why Yasuda? He's the president of the Team NINJA, and yes, he has been in the building the longest and most likely the one to be heard over a one year with fighting experience. I already mentioned that Yasuda probably wouldn't stick his neck out for DOA but convincing him that DOA is necessary is also a good idea and maybe he will at least offer some transparency.

I'm pretty sure everyone on that's ever picked up a controller knows that Tekken is more successful than DOA, but it's a great alternative to Tekken. I always prefer the alternative. WWE? No thank you I want AEW even though it doesn't draw near the ratings of WWE it does well. Would I pick PS5 over XBOX SERIES X? No. Why? Because I can deal without Sony's stupid policies, recycled third person-template, lack of innovative console features, industry killing ideas, backwards compatibility, horrible UI and that stupid, hypocritical jack ass Jim Ryan. Fuck that piece of shit. But guess what the PS5 has sold more, and people say unoriginal and stupid things like "XBOX has no games."

I don't play games to play the most popular thing and it shouldn't be a reason DOA doesn't make it back to the market. DOA makes more than enough money to remain in the scene, but unfortunately, we got stuck with Shimbori and he was the biggest blessing and the biggest curse to the franchise all at once.

When I watched KT's press conference people weren't asking for Nioh, or Ninja Gaiden, or Wo Long, or Ronin - they were asking for DOA in droves. We knew it wasn't going to happen, but the demand is clearly there and more so than any of Team NINJA's properties; properties I also enjoy.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Look at it this way: what is the point of defending Shimbori?

Well it's a number of things.

For start, most of current DOA issues doesn't even involve him. He was a scapegoat or a targeting sandbag with the community looking to blame someone out of sheer copium with how DOA turned out. If something goes wrong people are quick to point fingers of the bits that's in front of them rather than the root of it.

When something goes south people will blame devs or the key director to the cause. I mean sure, the guy did not promise the DOA he was suppose to give, but he too was not promised the backing and support to the level he wanted. We have to ask ourselves who's truly winning there.

I'll admit that defending Shimbori at this point is kinda pointless, but mostly because he's not even in the building anymore lol. It's 2022 about to be 2023 and people still till this day blame Shimbori for a game that was predetermined to flop from the get go which is weird to me. Then again, him leaving was probably the best day of his life without having execs breathing down his neck to recover a game with what little budget it had left lol.

If there's anyone to blame, might as well blame Itagaki for having the series be in this situation in the first place lol.

The Ryona EVO appearance was stupid enough to get anyone fired and whatever credibility he thought he gave the game had with him backing it went out the window the day he did that. It's also pretty obvious the chair doesn't like drama at all and they back away from it or eliminate it when they can. The hair rental service didn't help, but the EVO incident was the biggest blow by far.

The situation helped create core values to expose EVO for memes. Sure it didn't help DOA in the long run, but I doubt Shimbori had any say in the matter lol.

Hey, maybe he was memeing too and just said "fuck it, it is what it is" lel.

I already mentioned that Yasuda probably wouldn't stick his neck out for DOA but convincing him that DOA is necessary is also a good idea and maybe he will at least offer some transparency.

He probably wouldn't. He'd be in the same boat as previous devs was so yeah I wouldn't blame him lol. Nakamura couldn't do it, Shimbori left, guess people want Yasuda to wing it too.

You could try to convince him out of his comfort zone from action type games so who knows.

we got stuck with Shimbori and he was the biggest blessing and the biggest curse to the franchise all at once.

Was he truly a curse though?

He was the only guy currently that kept pushing for the series because he did legitimately believed in it.

But if you put it that way........he was definitely cursed by corporate and DOA biz kek.

When I watched KT's press conference people weren't asking for Nioh, or Ninja Gaiden, or Wo Long, or Ronin - they were asking for DOA in droves. We knew it wasn't going to happen, but the demand is clearly there and more so than any of Team NINJA's properties; properties I also enjoy.

Well when I watched KT's panel conference, most of all major social media platforms such as Twitter, Reddit, along with forums and YouTube were pretty hype for Ronin and Wo Long (which is mostly action game players from all over which is also a massive community), barely saw any DOA mentions, and the barely bits was mostly from DOAVV or asking for a new Xtreme game.

Would I pick PS5 over XBOX SERIES X? No. Why? Because I can deal without Sony's stupid policies, recycled third person-template, lack of innovative console features, industry killing ideas, backwards compatibility, horrible UI and that stupid, hypocritical jack ass Jim Ryan. Fuck that piece of shit. But guess what the PS5 has sold more, and people say unoriginal and stupid things like "XBOX has no games."

Damn, deathofaninja back at it for more of the Sony hate on the daily kek. Eh, the console platforms in general haven't been the best recently.

Would I pick a PS5 over an XSX? Nah

Would I pick a XSX over a PS5? Nah

Would I pick PC gaming over a PS5/XSX? Heck yeahhh, PC gaming baybeeeeeee

inochinagi

Standard Donor
About whither Shimbori's actions during Evo were good or bad, I've already said my bit on it, but I just want to add, even if we can argue that most of the public liked what happened, the issue is (at least according to what Morita said) the real issue here is that maybe KT's higher-ups didn't... probably especially didn't like the reaction from the heads at Evo (and just remember who that was at the time, lol).

Game development is usually such an obfuscated business... they're hardly ever transparent about the way things go down, and it takes leaks to find out even a bit of the truth. Most of us can just speculate on who made what decisions and why so we can see who exactly is to blame, really.

All I know is, regardless of whatever Shimbori did, just look at DOA6... it was practically a bootleg remix of DOA5 with a new coat of paint parading as a new entry. It wasn't Shimbori's idea to outsource so much, he had to work with what KT gave him. I guess they figured that all the new fans brought into the series with DOA5 would just blindly eat up anything they put out and only few would notice any technical details, that they could get away putting the best of TN on other projects and still get away with putting out a new DOA entry... which they could get away with, tbh, but then they decided to unfairly try to milk the wallets of those returning fans harder than ever.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well in the comments section of the live taping of that panel DOA was the only words I was really able to make out in the chat. From the beginning to the end. I never full screened the panel because I knew the comments would be a good show, but come on all it takes is a visit to Twitter or one of their Tweets to know what the real fans of Team NINJA want. I saw some Ninja Gaidens and a few Niohs, but it was clear DOA dominates in terms of what TN players want to see.

I hate dismantling Shimbori, the same way I hate dismantling Itagaki for DOA4, but I'm not going to run away from the truth in the matter. The one I still give the most heat would be Hayashi because he jumped on Sony's cock as soon as Itagaki left and what good has come out of it? From what I could tell the games were doing their thing on XBOX

PC is great, but IMO XBOX is trying to move the generation forward with consoles and Sony isn't doing shit. They're doing what they always do. They barricade overrate third person exclusives until they inevitably come out on PC and not much else.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Sorry to pick up on a tangent, but I'm biased against Sony too, but mostly because of all my consoles from PS1 to PS4, my PS1 is the only one that hasn't died on me and the only non-PS console that tried to sound like a piece of heavy machinery for me was my Xbox 360 (S). After my PS4 died, I'm done with them. DOA2 looked better on DC anyways, even if PS2's Hardcore had better content, Bayonetta was infamously bad on PS3, and almost everyone considers the Sigma games the worse versions of NG1+2. I don't think any dev makes games for PS consoles for technical reasons, I think it's usually just for the brand name and user base. I think Itagaki made the right choice by taking a risk and going exclusive on Xbox back in the day for its technical superiority.

Raansu

Would I pick a PS5 over an XSX? Nah

Would I pick a XSX over a PS5? Nah

Would I pick PC gaming over a PS5/XSX? Heck yeahhh, PC gaming baybeeeeeee

The funny thing about PC gaming is the older I've gotten and have gained the ability to build the top end PC's I've always wanted....I have ended up playing my xbox more than anything else. Outside of very specific games, I'm never on my PC anymore despite spending a stupid amount of money on one lol.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The funny thing about PC gaming is the older I've gotten and have gained the ability to build the top end PC's I've always wanted....I have ended up playing my xbox more than anything else. Outside of very specific games, I'm never on my PC anymore despite spending a stupid amount of money on one lol.

Yeah this is understandable actually ahaha, can relate. PS4 was roughly the same in that department where it became 50/50 with PC games I own, eventually my library is increasing on PC where PS4 is becoming less while having a main game I play on PC (FFXIV).

It came to a point that the only reason I now keep a PS4 around, is because majority of friends are still on it and play coop on certain games.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I love achievements. I feel similar to Raansu on this - I will buy a relatively expensive PC and find myself never using it. PS4 was the last straw for me on Sony's end. The Switch is irredeemable, but I own one and will keep it around for Bayonetta 3 and Pokémon.

Not to mention I do a lot of traveling (until my health got relatively bad and now, I can't drive or even fly for upwards of six months and I've been stuck with family in South Hampton and I'm working from home until I'm cleared - it really sucks actually). ANYWAY, my Series X fits right into my baggage, and it isn't a problem for me to bring it around and game wherever.

I tried doing this with PC and it was a NIGHTMARE, and I won't do it again. I also seem to have to take a hit on power, so my smallest PC has a Radeon 570 in it, and I can kind of travel comfortably with that, but not really ideal.

AS things have grown more interesting with this Morita guy, he has offered people his phone number. Maybe Emperor Cow should give him a call and see what's going on. I can't speak Japanese and that's probably my biggest flaw as a person.

TEL:045-564-3111 Koei Tecmo Games to Hiroaki Morita

rjqnraos19

noname.jpg

gfg$

In recent interview Yasuda said that situation with Ninja Gaiden is kinda meh, no announcement at this time. But Morita said that there's Ninja Gaiden project in development. So, who lies?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
In recent interview Yasuda said that situation with Ninja Gaiden is kinda meh, no announcement at this time. But Morita said that there's Ninja Gaiden project in development. So, who lies?

Once again let's just say that Morita is a code name, because if it was the real Morita the guy would probably be fired for doing this. This is a guy that's been with the company a while and is trusted. He's using Morita's worthless name as security precaution.

There is no way the guy just guessed Rise of the Ronin months ago or that it was purely coincidental. I think he's telling the truth, but I can't prove it so it doesn't matter.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
A lot of people ask me questions, but I don't have ties with Team NINJA like that, sometimes I hear rumors, or something is brought to my attention, but for the people wondering what the end game is for DOA - I think common sense and research are the key ingredients as it is for most things:

There will be another DOA, but it will not happen until the time is right. If you read the interview Bokuho posted, you should feel safe in the facts that they aren't killing off any franchises but would rather release things and I quote Yasuda "existing franchises" for when the timing on their schedules is right. When Nioh was done they transparently came out and said Nioh as a series was fucking done for the time being.

My biggest concern is the generation that didn't experience DOA4-DOA5 and don't have the patience to wait a day in their lives for shit. I posted a Wo Long story to FSD because I AM NOT A DOA guy - I am a Team NINJA guy. I play what they make, and I love what they make. With some of the attitudes I see there are two possibilities I see for the community:

- We take a break at FSD until you guys get your next fighter.

- We go with a schematic that supports Team NINJA's games. How is FSD supposed to survive and or thrive without a regular DOA release? This is why I've tried to make FSD more about Team NINJA's games for years because I believe that's what it takes to survive in the dry years like this that happen for the franchise.

I've actually gotten QUITE a bit of criticism when it comes to posting on other games like Nioh or Wo Long, and I've also gotten some people that thinks it's cool and a good idea. Unfortunately, the critical people heavily outweigh the positive ones. Some tell me they will rate Wo Long LOW when it comes out just because another DOA isn't coming out at this moment. How fucking shallow, worthless and rude will some people stoop when they don't get their fucking way?

I'm willing to help Matt up the moon and back, but if I can't see a following behind option 2 or at least a tournament schedule that's even half of what DOA5s was. What the fuck can I do to keep the news page spicy? What will people have to talk about in the forum?

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I've actually gotten QUITE a bit of criticism when it comes to posting on other games like Nioh or Wo Long, and I've also gotten some people that thinks it's cool and a good idea. Unfortunately, the critical people heavily outweigh the positive ones. Some tell me they will rate Wo Long LOW when it comes out just because another DOA isn't coming out at this moment. How fucking shallow, worthless and rude will some people stoop when they don't get their fucking way?

There is only one conclusion to that: They are in copium for DOA lel.

What's interesting is that a lot of people forget TN makes multiple games/genres. Lots of people seemed to be surprised by that like it's out of this world.

"Team NINJA making something else other than DOA!? blasphemy. Such disrespect TN. How dare you make other games that doesn't interest me, the true fan of Team NINJA games. How dare you work for other companies and their games. You should be working on one game series and one game series only."

Last edited:

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
My biggest concern is the generation that didn't experience DOA4-DOA5 and don't have the patience to wait a day in their lives for shit. I posted a Wo Long story to FSD because I AM NOT A DOA guy - I am a Team NINJA guy. I play what they make, and I love what they make. With some of the attitudes I see there are two possibilities I see for the community:

- We take a break at FSD until you guys get your next fighter.

- We go with a schematic that supports Team NINJA's games. How is FSD supposed to survive and or thrive without a regular DOA release? This is why I've tried to make FSD more about Team NINJA's games for years because I believe that's what it takes to survive in the dry years like this that happen for the franchise.
I would like to say that, while I do consider myself to be a "DOA Guy", I 100% support your decision to cover the more general scope of TN's current work if that helps the website to thrive. At the end of the day, I've enjoyed my time here thus far because I've been able to socialize and engage in discussion with people who share a similar "niche" interest. I appreciate the wealth of information that has been compiled on this site and I like the people here.

While I might not play Wo Long or Ronin (they look really cool, don't get me wrong, but I just don't have a whole lot of extra time to invest nowadays in that sort of game without losing sleep lol) I do enjoy seeing what Team Ninja is up to. If coverage of the new titles helps to generate interest in DOA down the line, then I'm all for it.

HHH816

ermm this situation is more akin to team ninja want to ditch the doa fg/ninja gaiden fans for new kind of fan..

the soul game fans

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD