Final Fantasy Thread

Derock

Now I'm not too keen with Final Fantasy. I owned VIII (both original PS1 and remastered version on the Switch) in which I still haven't finished (I already spoiled myself with the plot and I ignored the Triple Triad Card game in the original). I do own 7 Remastered port on PS4 but hadn't touch it ever since. But the Remake: the demo was a blast to play! Definitely a buy for me! I will pre-order digitally around the end of March until before release date.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
RIP Dissidia NT u__U

Pretty good and interesting video on how they messed up the game and with that the series/franchise:

It was pretty rough. On top of it, most of their strongest support was in Japan and we basically got leftovers. They had exclusive avatars and music etc.

It's almost as if we had an inferior console version, and the PC version was barely even acknowledged for fixes. The game's character intro/outro is still locked at 30fps on PC.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Not sure if Square Enix was trying to be savage with this quote for Aerith or didn't actually thought about it...but damn lol. If you played FFVII entirely, you'll see what I mean:

ET4qSubU4Ag-Ynu

ET4qasjUUAEa7fg

That's kinda messed up Square lol.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm losing it waiting for VII. I know some places broke street date but I am not willing to go out to a big box store.

Listening to 'Hollow' on loop. The full track finally came out not long ago and it does not disappoint. Excellent music and vocals throughout.

I've listened to some of the ingame tracks as well and it once again does not disappoint.

I am friends with many of the older guys that like FFVI better and some of them are even jumping ship for a bit.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I have beaten the game and I will say this about the ending, it's going to either piss a lot of people off or make them even more excited for future games depending on what you hoped FFVIIR to be.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is not what you are expecting, it's not referring to Square Enix remaking the 1997 classic it is in fact referring to the characters themselves "remaking" the story and trying to defy their bleak fates of the original. FFVII 1997 is actually considered to be the bad timeline, what happens if they fuck up and I actually like this twist a lot.

There's now a lot of intrigue in where the next game will go and how many if any classic moments still happen or despite their trying defy them happen anyway. This means BRAND NEW FFVII content like 100% completely brand new not JUST adding to the original and I actually like that way more than just remaking the original story. But that's just my opinion, I can see why and understand if this makes a lot of fans angry because it technically isn't what you are promised but they didn't say it was going to be the same story either.

Derock

I have beaten the game and I will say this about the ending, it's going to either piss a lot of people off or make them even more excited for future games depending on what you hoped FFVIIR to be.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is not what you are expecting, it's not referring to Square Enix remaking the 1997 classic it is in fact referring to the characters themselves "remaking" the story and trying to defy their bleak fates of the original. FFVII 1997 is actually considered to be the bad timeline, what happens if they fuck up and I actually like this twist a lot.

There's now a lot of intrigue in where the next game will go and how many if any classic moments still happen or despite their trying defy them happen anyway. This means BRAND NEW FFVII content like 100% completely brand new not JUST adding to the original and I actually like that way more than just remaking the original story. But that's just my opinion, I can see why and understand if this makes a lot of fans angry because it technically isn't what you are promised but they didn't say it was going to be the same story either.

I just finished it.
Looks like this going change things. From the looks of the ending, sounds like the Sephiroth showing up is from Advent Children that crossed over to the past to accomplish his goals, with his cryptic messages to Cloud. And judging from Aerith's sudden demeanor at the end, I'm guessing that's OG Aerith or she saw her fate of dying by Sephiroth and more likely helping the heroes changing theirs and her fate. Fans are already pissed off that this time, Aerith may survive in the end (losing the shock value from the 1997 OG) or she'll probably die again but before she cast Holy. And then Zack maybe alive.

I really don't care but overall, the game was great and I can't wait for more to see what's in store.

Lowkey, it felt like it should be a CGI movie or TV series.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Final Fantasy VI fanboys love to give me a hard time about loving VII. I feel like I always have one behind me waiting for me to praise VII so they can take a shot at Sephiroth's mommy issues.

Final Fantasy XIII fanboys think they are fashion gurus. Slightly delusional.

Final Fantasy IX fanboys think they are God's gift. IX is honest to god the most overrated game in the series.

Final Fantasy XII sucks. If I could go back in time and get my life back for playing that miserable sack of shit game I would. Worst story of any game ever made. It's like if Dark Crystal fucked Star Wars. I hated it.

Final Fantasy VIII is a work of art.

Final Fantasy VII Reigns supreme

MC625

Final Fantasy VI fanboys love to give me a hard time about loving VII. I feel like I always have one behind me waiting for me to praise VII so they can take a shot at Sephiroth's mommy issues.

Final Fantasy XIII fanboys think they are fashion gurus. Slightly delusional.

Final Fantasy IX fanboys think they are God's gift. IX is honest to god the most overrated game in the series.

Final Fantasy XII sucks. If I could go back in time and get my life back for playing that miserable sack of shit game I would. Worst story of any game ever made. It's like if Dark Crystal fucked Star Wars. I hated it.

Final Fantasy VIII is a work of art.

Final Fantasy VII Reigns supreme
What do you think about X?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD