Final Fantasy Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
All I can say is fuck this stupid son of a bitch. FUCK YOU, JULES! I HAVE CONQUERED YOU AT LAST! YOU ARE THE TRUE BOSS OF FFVII! MOVE OVER SEPHIROTH!

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Okay. I did one initial playthrough of Final Fantasy VII RE. But, I am going to put this information in the spoilers. So, those who have not played the game yet... Refrain from clicking the spoiler tab.

Final Fantasy VII Remake...

Is a great game. But, the game treats itself as a more "literal" remake. There were quite a few divergencies and the only characters that are aware of these divergencies were Aeris/Aerith, Red XIII, and Sephiroth.

The original Final Fantasy VII game now seems to be shown as a "bad ending" from the perspective of Aerith herself, hence the last image shot of her post-Holy and Meteor colliding with each other. Theoretically, the entire original FFVII storyline was probably just a projection. The Arbiters ... Whispers did not take kindly to this and are not trying to change things. Cloud and co. end up catching on to this at the very, despite similar events mostly taking place, much like the original.

So, Final Fantasy VII Remake is what most FSD would call a "Stealth Sequel." After a certain point, it will no longer follow the original storyline.
Which mean, by the time the next FFVII update comes, things will vary wildly from there on out.

I... don't necessarily mind this. But, it is also confusing, especially as a person who does pseudo-speedruns of FFVII at a 2 to 3 month interval.

And, what I just said is only one interpretation of the ending. Some people are not going to like this.

Mechanically and in terms of presentation however, the game is pretty fantastic, pun somewhat intended.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
FF14 Live Letter was the other day, forgot about it but some pretty good stuff

@Jadeinchains @Chapstick Square Enix and EDM releasing 14 exclusive soundtracks, and they happen to be the most popular tracks as well. Lakshmi, Sophia etc.

Sophia theme is still possibly one of my favorite themes out there, including Suzaku. Cool to see Sopha's Equilibrium theme being one of them.

Jadeinchains

Yeah I'm really excited for 5.3 it looks amazing. It's been such a long wait for it ( which is totally understandable right now ) but it's so great it's finally getting close. I've not been playing much the past while leading up to 5.3 but 100% I'll be fully diving back in once it comes out. :)

And I'd heard about that album, I love that they are doing electronic remixes of some of the tracks.

Jadeinchains

5.3 has been really great so far, Wonder if like previous updates Ishgard restoration will come out in like..2 weeks? Since in previous updates the .1 update has came about 3 weeks after the main one? Oh and 5.35 will be good too with the next relic weapon step and the first instanced area of the relic weapons. Wonder if like in Eureka's instanced areas I'll see any of you in there. @DestructionBomb

Hayabusiness

I'm probably the only person who cared about it, but... the Crystal Chronicles remaster was botched and ruined by its terrible online mode and lack of local co-op...
So what we got was a slightly prettier game without the gameplay mode that made the original special, it does not even have a proper replacement for its annoying to set up multiplayer (you needed a gameboy advance and a gamecube link cable for each player) through online.

So... uhh... thanks Square-Enix? Why remaster it in the first place if you are going to gimp the game so hard?

This just bums me because since I never had anyone in real life who wanted to play this game (my sister is bored by it and my friends only play the most casual friendly things), I was hoping to start a caravan and whole adventure with online friends. But no, turns out you can't share your adventure properly, like joining a playthrough and simply going around the world all together... you have to... ugh... open a lobby for the dungeon you want to tackle, and then invite people with a code, if not multiple codes (I didn't quite get it). Then at the end of the dungeon, everyone logs off and fucks off to single player again. BRAVO SQUARE-ENIX.

Jadeinchains

Saw the reveal during the show. :D Crazy that its been revealed. Although I guess it will be a long while yet before its actually released. I'm interested in the dark fantasy look its got going on, Hopefully we see some high fantasy stuff as time goes on too though. Also I'm excited to actually get more info on who the actual party will be in the game. :) Hopefully men and women in this games party after XV.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Saw the reveal during the show. :D Crazy that its been revealed. Although I guess it will be a long while yet before its actually released. I'm interested in the dark fantasy look its got going on, Hopefully we see some high fantasy stuff as time goes on too though. Also I'm excited to actually get more info on who the actual party will be in the game. :) Hopefully men and women in this games party after XV.

I agree.

Heck, even Yoshi-P himself is directing it. And you've seen his work for Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers ahaha.

Leifang

I found my new Final Fantasy 16 husbando. ❤️
16B28DEC-D738-4500-9137-83877ACA5499.jpeg

11A55478-99E4-40A3-9B32-9FDA6CB47DC7.jpeg

human013

Looks a bit generic but the line that went something like, "We will no longer be bound to the crystal" got me interested

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD