Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
not only are they hiding tifa’s tiddy but they also made her bobas smaller :eek::eek: #GetWokeGoBroke #BoicottFF7remake

Barret's though, lol...

D8wALFLU0AE5rcY.jpg:orig

The rest of the gang:

D8wAGTdUEAAU0ON.jpg:orig

D8wAINjUIAEtRfl.jpg

D8wAHujU0AISbLp.jpg

The tiny double top looks a bit dumb, it's clear they did this to hide more. Why didn't they just made her white tank a bit bigger/more covering?

Jadeinchains

Wow they really look amazing, Speaking of the whole censor thing with Tifa I was talking to @Chapstick about that last night after the reveal. I think the blacktop underneath wasn't necessary, If she didn't have it she'd only be showing a tiny bit more of her stomach and a bit of clevage, So I don't think it was needed. With that said though I'm also not mad about it, The overall outfit still looks amazing with/without it and it's a pretty minor change overall, And at least it fits into her overall outfit well and doesn't clash with anything.

And Aerith looks amazing as well, Seriously wow that hair! Every little strand on her braid and everything, Square Enix really are amazing when it comes to character model work, The clothes as well, This game is looking great In every way.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
not only are they hiding tifa’s tiddy but they also made her bobas smaller :eek::eek: #GetWokeGoBroke #BoicottFF7remake
I know you're just kidding because you aren't like that, but that's what boobers do when they're in a compression top (The black undershirt). ♥
D8wAHujU0AISbLp.jpg

The tiny double top looks a bit dumb, it's clear they did this to hide more. Why didn't they just made her white tank a bit bigger/more covering?
The black compression shirt is practical actually and doesn't detract from her look at all personally. I'm an avid old school FFVII fan and by putting her in that we can officially still diagnose her with tig bitty syndrome, AND, they can render her in rain and other water effects without having to put her nips and full frontal on display. It wasn't as big a thing back in the day because we weren't in full 4K HD fidelity but now? lmao Tifa's white tank would be core values levels of in your face in the graphics they're pushing in the remake.

Jackie Chan Fan

A new character is going to be announced on June 25, 8pm JST. A new Season Pass? I hope it's Tifa or someone who haven't been to Dissidia yet.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Funny how beautiful and polished Team Ninja's character models are when they are done for different companies' game series and not their own. I guess they want to keep up the formerly great quality at least there, Square Enix is surely paying them good money for that.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sadly, I don’t think that’s going to happen. SE pretty much roasted TN a while back according to @DestructionBomb

Yep, it was also mentioned by a Dissidia youtuber named TrueBladeSeeker at reddit who documents lots of Dissidia gameplay from reveals and plays at the arcades over there at Japan etc. I also agree with @Tyaren, FF is way bigger than DOA.

Square unintentionally threw flames at TN for Dissidia over at a NicoNico stream saying "We would like to seek another company team while developing future Dissidia titles, please wait for further news." TN has been getting shafted on heavily and Square is huge, you can't mess that up. It's still vague if it's game balance related or just the game entirely because Dissidia from the previous games was originally more story driven, whereas the current one seem more online-based to get the best out of it because let's be totally real, the story in Dissidia NT was pretty lackluster despite the great graphical output. We also have to remember that majority of FF consumers are people that play Final Fantasy for the story, Dissidia included. So essentially the game threw over 70% of it's main consumers under the bus. I like Dissidia NT too and still play it, but I get where some people are coming from for it.

I mean it's still possible to collaborate (pretty slim with how things are), but Square just seems like the type to collaborate with bigger entities than a game with mixed reviews and mixed signals. It's not KT vs Capcom levels where Capcom tried to sue KT, which a partnership between the two seems like something that won't ever happen, but Square and TN are probably on the 50/50s with each other / strictly business and nothing else (I'll invite you for lunch but you have to pay for your own meal-type).

Last edited:

Ninoasker

Yep, it was also mentioned by a Dissidia youtuber named TrueBladeSeeker at reddit who documents lots of Dissidia gameplay from reveals and plays at the arcades over there at Japan etc.

Square unintentionally threw flames at TN for Dissidia over at a NicoNico stream saying "we would like to seek another company team while developing future Dissidia titles, please wait for further news." TN has been getting shafted on heavily and Square is huge, you can't mess that up. It's still vague if it's game balance related or just the game entirely because Dissidia originally from the previous games was story driven, whereas the current one seem more online-based to get the best out of it because let's be totally real, the story in Dissidia NT was pretty lackluster despite the great graphical output. We also have to remember that majority of FF consumers are people that play Final Fantasy for the story, Dissidia included. So essentially the game threw over 70% of it's main consumers under the bus. I like Dissidia NT too and still play it, but I get where some people are coming from for it.

I mean it's still possible to collaborate, but Square just seems like the type to collaborate with bigger entities than a game with mixed reviews and mixed signals. It's not KT vs Capcom levels where Capcom tried to sue KT, which a partnership between the two seems like something that won't ever happen, but Square and TN are probably on the 50/50s with each other / strictly business and nothing else.
I mean Square got them for an ARCADE game. Idk why they would throw shade at them because of how bad the story at NT was when the main reason they made a contract with TN was for the Arcade game, which was a story-less arena battle game since day 1. Square acted petty af imo.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean Square got them for an ARCADE game. Idk why they would throw shade at them because of how bad the story at NT was when the main reason they made a contract with TN was for the Arcade game, which was a story-less arena battle game since day 1. Square acted petty af imo.

I mean hey, could be just balance related instead so there's that lol. Arena brawlers are super difficult to balance because of how the game format works. The history of Arena fighters had always been the fun factor, but mildly plagued with either bugs, balance, loading times, or fps drops.

Granted that it may have been unintentional or just a simple moment of getting asked too many times about it's support. It's still pretty vague, but if it is what I think it is, who will Square go to for future Dissidia games? (they want to make a 1vs1 as well): https://www.dualshockers.com/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-director-sequel-one-on-one/

The only other time Square related games was at an arcade for FF was with Ehrgeiz (Namco). If it's balance related, then at least have TN do the game's overall graphical department and characters, whereas Namco balances the game or something (but sounds like it's a lot of process).

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I guess this is an example of how a formula can't work in all platforms.

In Arcades you can actually interact easily with your team because you will interact with people around you but in online battles for consoles it's harder. It's rather you have an already friends team or you have to adapt to how random people play ... and that's if you are lucky enough to fight with actual people and not with the CPU.

Also, playing online with other 5 people, that sounds like a wifi warriors festival. At least someone will be a wifi warrior.

About Tifa in DOA, I don't think that can happen. It didn't happen when DOA was bigger and now with DOA6 current state and the break blow / blood implementation I think it's out of question.

In one hand SE isn't against fanservice enterely (just look at games like Dragon Quest or NieR) but I guess DOA goes "a bit" beyond what SE would allow characters like Tifa being depicted. Fully free 3D camera for outros with zoom system, wet/transparency system and now even mild blood (NT has scratches but these are even tamer than DOA6 scratches).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
In Arcades you can actually interact easily with your team because you will interact with people around you but in online battles for consoles it's harder. It's rather you have an already friends team or you have to adapt to how random people play ... and that's if you are lucky enough to fight with actual people and not with the CPU..

This ^, so much this. The arcade version has a huge support, strong community JPN support, vocal support, and a lot more people playing the game over there.

- Intros/outros for the game runs at 60fps in the arcades. The console/PC version runs at 30fps for intro/outros

- They have avatars not available on the console/PC version (even exclusive avatar that will never reach console because some of them are arcade event based)

- More custom music at Dissidia arcade not available on the console/PC version

- Almost instant loading times via LAN support

- They have over 105+ teams in Dissidia tournaments, the west over here barely even makes the game competitive at events let alone on how many people play this game? roughly less than 100 for sure in the west. Imagine the PC version? you don't want to know

- They gain new characters early and able to free test them when you have a Square pass

Basically at times, it feels like the one we are playing via console/PC version is a cheap leftover version or some type of costco edition.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

This ^, so much this. The arcade version has a huge support, strong community JPN support, vocal support, and a lot more people playing the game over there.

- Intros/outros for the game runs at 60fps in the arcades. The console/PC version runs at 30fps for intro/outros

- They have avatars not available on the console/PC version (even exclusive avatar that will never reach console because some of them are arcade event based)

- More custom music at Dissidia arcade not available on the console/PC version

- Almost instant loading times via LAN support

- They have over 105+ teams in Dissidia tournaments, the west over here barely even makes the game competitive at events let alone on how many people play this game? roughly less than 100 for sure in the west. Imagine the PC version? you don't want to know

- They gain new characters early and able to free test them when you have a Square pass

Basically at times, it feels like the one we are playing via console/PC version is a cheap leftover version or some type of costco edition.

Yep, I always see channels like GameChariot uploading ranbats and I think will be around 100 players attending Colessseum Tournament.

This formula works really well for Arcades but not for consoles/PC. Yes, now there is more people due Tifa but I guess that will be temporarily once the hype is over.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD