First DOA5 pre-order bonus

DriftSlave

Im going to level with you guys, I'm unclear on the exact content of the CE but here is my 80% accurate assumption.

-The Pre-Order Incentives are true exclusives until they become available for download on PSN/XBL.

Here is why~

The DLC costume we were teased for Kasumi earlier applies to the Collectors Edition Swimsuit(along with the other female fighters) the Incentive ones are specific to "bunny" themed swimsuits...and we clearly seen no bunny tail so i'm guessing that the Incentive costumes are different costumes all together.

so in short they are different and you have to go out your way to get both sets....

synce

Yeah I'm almost positive the CE costumes and pre-order costumes are different. Someone tweeted TN about it and of course they played dumb. Just buy excess CEs copies and sell them on ebay if you don't feel like paying $100 for a complete game. You can sell them to guys who can't preorder from Gamestop :D

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Preorder costumes are not the same as CE costumes. They are different.

daman077c

Preorder costumes are not the same as CE costumes. They are different.

Are you sure about that? Speaking speculation for speculations sake doesn't help.

That said, I just changed my pre-order from the regular edition to the Collectors edition. It's an extra $20, but hell, all the extras that come with it are well worth the extra money.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I am 100% sure about that and you're welcome to look it up. The CE costumes are normal bikini costumes for all of the female characters. The pre-order costumes are "bunny-style" costumes like we've seen in previous games and are only for the six girls mentioned. You will miss out on at least one three-pack.

DriftSlave

it's an educated guess, not just spur of the moment BS, if you have a better idea then say so, but don't dismiss his claim either without trying to back it up....

daman077c

it's an educated guess, not just spur of the moment BS, if you have a better idea then say so, but don't dismiss his claim either without trying to back it up....

The reason I "dismissed" his claim is because I WORK at a Gamestop, all we've been told is what's in the collectors edition is the same as what's being doled out for the separate pre-orders (Amazon getting one set, us getting the other). Saying they're different and speaking with a matter of fact stance when you don't know what it is exactly is BS.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Go read the press release and pay close attention to word choice. Otherwise I'm done attempting to educate. Gamestop training is top notch, so who am I to disagree?

KwonJigglypuff

Where did you guys get that picture ?
rabbit.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Where did you guys get that picture ?
rabbit.jpg
Since Raansu's unwilling to answer, those screenshots came from the Japanese DOA5 site.

Basically, it's a Japanese poll to decide what the third character for the limited edition bunny posters will be, and you have to be registered at the GameCity website (and know your Japanese) to vote.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/vote.html

I'm certain that since these limited edition copies are region-specific, the US and European countries will be holding polls of their own similar to this one in the near future. So it may not be necessary for you to go through all that trouble of voting right now, unless you're willing to shell out extra money just to get an import of a game that'll be closely released worldwide by a couple of days.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
From what I've seen of the press materials, the US poster in the CE is of the entire cast. Is there another poster I'm not aware of?

DriftSlave

The reason I "dismissed" his claim is because I WORK at a Gamestop, all we've been told is what's in the collectors edition is the same as what's being doled out for the separate pre-orders (Amazon getting one set, us getting the other). Saying they're different and speaking with a matter of fact stance when you don't know what it is exactly is BS.

The screenshots above just pretty much ruled this out....so much for working at gamestop >_>'

DriftSlave

thats how the game industry has changed, if they can make a profit from people willing to spend money for costumes then they'll milk it as much as they can before it'll cost them anything(pre-order incentives).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD