DOA5LR "For the Ii Clan!" Naotora Ii official General Discussion

UpSideDownGRUNT

Honestly, everything I'm hearing just makes me glad I don't have to pay for her... I definitely wouldn't have bought her if it wasn't free...

I'll pass my own judgement when I play her later today, maybe actually playing her will change my mind?

KwonJigglypuff

She's still a nice addition, but the imputs are not rewarding. I'm not saying she has no strategy, that's not the case...

Lol I just played random and I thought I was using Momiji... either need to change my lenses or get used to her.

I'm sure I will change my opinion in a few days. I want to give her a chance.

(I find her "9P" stance so pointless and redundant though, grrrrr.. just give these moves to Momiji or something).

SoftCabbage

I still don't get what's the strain over a fucking character as if the character is going to break your neck if you don't use them. lol

SoftCabbage

What do you mean ?
I don't know. It's really hard to say this.

It seems like some of you are having a hard time accepting a fictional character that brings a different trait. And at the same time, some of you also giving an impression that this character is being forced to you to use it.

Sometimes I see that telling people on how much you feel pressurized with the existence of a new character you dislike seems to be a cool trend in the DOA community.

I'm not into Marie Rose and Honoka either. But that's the end of story; I'm not interested in them, I give the reason why, and be done with it.

Btw, don't take the 'you' personally.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm giving her a chance because I got a code for SP3, so I might as well use her. Otherwise I would have just left her be honestly.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
UpSideDownGRUNT said:
I won a Naotora Ii code from KTE! Lol

So I won Season Pass 3 from KTE so I don't have to pay a penny for her or the new SW costumes haha.

I'll give her a shot, might as well since I get her free, if i don't like her though atlesst I have her to study her frames and etc.

Honestly, everything I'm hearing just makes me glad I don't have to pay for her... I definitely wouldn't have bought her if it wasn't free...

I'm giving her a chance because I got a code for SP3, so I might as well use her. Otherwise I would have just left her be honestly.

I think we got it by now. Congratulations. ;)

Last edited:

AsheMann21

(I find her "9P" stance so pointless and redundant though, grrrrr.. just give these moves to Momiji or something).
I agree. Other than 2K for crushing lows (which is nice), I find the stance to be incomplete to say the least.

Also, no :7::K:? Almost everybody has a 7K. I expected a character that relies heavily on kicks to have one.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The timing is also pretty unresponsive, you pretty much have to press the follow up immediately after to even register.
unless it hops over lows, it's pretty much useless to me. She only has two options and doesn't even have a throw follow up. Her Ii Clan Stance is way better

Kyoto's Finest

I really like Naotora . Shes kinda tough to remember and is mostly mid kicks. I feel im forced to rely on punches to avoid being countered. ALSO ASIDE FROM HER KKKKKKK (etc) STRINGS, SHES RLY SLOW

SoftCabbage

Glad people finally realize that she's slow and very much punishable. I was surprised when people thought she's OP after watching a demo video where the opponent didn't do anything at all.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I really like Naotora . Shes kinda tough to remember and is mostly mid kicks. I feel im forced to rely on punches to avoid being countered. ALSO ASIDE FROM HER KKKKKKK (etc) STRINGS, SHES RLY SLOW
That's the thing, don't be afraid to take chances. :) Her kick delays and free cancels can help against counters, but you are right most people expect mid kicks, so her mid punches can be a good conditioner. I was also looking at her frames....TN seems to have switched some around before release and made some attacks unsafer.

Kirito

She can't really delay her kicks all that much though. At least not in the way some very string-heavy characters like Christie, Hitomi, Kasumi or Eliot can. And almost every character can play the string delay free cancel game, so it's definitely not one of her strengths since her ability to do that is below average (less delay frames than other characters).

Heck, even Eliot has better mixups that her. At least his strings go high-mid-high, not to mention his punches look all the same. Naotora's K string is just high Ks except for the string mix-ups which are all mid Ks, while her entire 6K string is mid Ks and is so easily held.

Definitely just go for the stun-launch. She really can't play the stun game like Eliot can. And she really needs more moves (no 7K or 1K is just lazy of TN).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Her all kick string is a good delay alternative, because after the second kick, the opponent is put into an abusive stun state, where you can bait for holds, utilize her jump and Ii clan stance, and overall just mess with them...they're almost forced to make risky guesses, and unless they make good reads, they're gonna take some harsh punishment, especially from that poisonous 66T throw she has. I don't even think characters like Leifang will trouble her that much, we as Nao players already know she'll try to expert hold us, so just play cautiously and Hi counter her expert hold attempts.

Nikotsumi

Yeah, she definitely have to rely on the stun-launch or stun-throw game. Her 6K string is pretty easy to hold on reaction since the kicks there are very slow, usually I only use the first two kicks and then launch/throw. I'm using more throws with her than with any other character lol

KwonJigglypuff

Random thoughts about why she's not my favourite addition
- I wish she wasn't another Japanese toddler
- The animation for her 2T is weird
- I wish she had another throw from 2P+K, lazy
- Does she have two exact same taunts ??
- Remove that jumping stance, that's boring...
- I wish her 2P+K would work after a CB
- I wish she were a humanoid cat instead

Otherwise, she brings a good individuality to the table, some nice moves and cool particle effects, good default costumes and a nice theme. I was expecting way much more, well done Team Ninja!

SoftCabbage

I can't say she has toddler act. She's more like a mentally retarded 20 year old.

I mean seriously, the way she talks in losing quote really starting to piss me off. Apparently I don't like slow woman. So yeah. Btw, I've never seen her acting like that in SW. In her game, she's just overly shy and apologetic. I think in this case, TN just took another mile.

Apart from that, I more and more feel like she's Gen Fu with extra kicks. She's slow, short ranged, and slow to recover. Her proficiency is in kicking and it's really the only one dependable, ffs. Even that, it's still slow. Overall, she's slower than the quick ones like Kasumi, Ayana, Christie, Hitomi, etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD