Community FSD Character of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saahir Rosario

I vote Ayane for character of the year, because she's the sort of underdog ninja in game, and she is actually a really good character! I heard she was high tier, I mean I think she is... In my opinion. But that's my nomination, purple haired ninja: Ayane! :ayane:

Brute

Standard Donor
I vote Ayane for character of the year, because she's the sort of underdog ninja in game, and she is actually a really good character! I heard she was high tier, I mean I think she is... In my opinion. But that's my nomination, purple haired ninja: Ayane! :ayane:
OpoQQ.jpg

Xernuht

Hmm... I'm going to place my vote for Ayane. It's nice to regularly hear her called top-tier now, and it's beginning to really show. She's flexible enough that she can work well against most of the cast, she's not pick-up-and-play at all, and she's one of the most enjoyable characters to see in action, alongside Hayabusa, Bayman, and (IMO) Helena.

My honorable mention goes to Gen Fu. Much as I loathe seeing him in action, he's pretty much the best character in the game.

BloodBurger

Not Ayane? :/

Anywho, I vote for Ayane. This character has everything needed in this game to combat the entire cast, even Genfu (difficult but not terrible). I've won a lot of local tournaments with this character, and I will get out to majors next year to showcase her strength as well. SCR2014 being the first.

Ayane has always been a very strong character throughout DOA. With only a few being able to show her strength. The last player who was deemed the best with Ayane, was Xdest. Now, I will be the next (already am but I make this far more believable when I win a major with this character).

I think I saw you do more work with Gen Fu overall. To the point where you didn't really need Ayane (Which is why I nominated you for FOTY - Winning consistantly without your main.). I think overall Gen was stronger this year on a whole due to multiple top players having success with him.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I want to nominate my main Eliot, because he truly is an underdog character. While TN doesn't care about him, he has the potential and tools to be great in the right hands. Also, Gen Fu most likely will teach him his fighting style for DOA6, so he's only getting better from here.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Leon. His return (hell, let's be honest here, he should have never left the game in the first place) made a lot of people happy, including yours truly. Outside of that, his damaging combos make people think twice about being defensive around him, let alone hold spamming. He almost makes me want to stop playing Bass. Almost.

Brute

Standard Donor
My vote goes to Rachel, she exposed this 'competitive' community, showing how we have just a low level overall, whatever.
I nominate not Rachel because this:
I nominate @Rikuto specially because he achieved 3rd place in TFC without using the broken characters of first 5u release which proves his deep knowledge. his mastering of DOA, and -of course- his honor. Of course a tournament like this is for money, but for me he was the winner of no-broken-chars-award in TFC.
If you were to disagree with the response I provided, the retort would be "Everyone is low-level in this community, and thus inevitably Rikuto would be as well." If you want to argue that a Rikuto is actually "low-level" and "exposed" because of Rachel, feel free to go and beat him in a tourney and prove you have the authority to claim he's not high-level.

In the meantime, I'll just sit here knowing that Rachel was fundamentally stupid and is now legit.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
well on the current accepted health settings i think both Bayman and Leon would probably be considered "broken" and he would most certainly use them.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I nominate not Rachel because this:

If you were to disagree with the response I provided, the retort would be "Everyone is low-level in this community, and thus inevitably Rikuto would be as well." If you want to argue that a Rikuto is actually "low-level" and "exposed" because of Rachel, feel free to go and beat him in a tourney and prove you have the authority to claim he's not high-level.

In the meantime, I'll just sit here knowing that Rachel was fundamentally stupid and is now legit.

Point of the topic is to nominate who you think should be nominated not the other away around. No one cares why you may disagree. Just post who you nominate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
My vote goes to Rachel, she exposed this 'competitive' community, showing how we have just a low level overall, whatever.

Yeah, because every character should have a completely abusable FT move that can only be escaped in one way when not near a wall and gives advantage when you toss it out and whiff it? Majority of the bitching about pre-patch Rachel was justified because she was braindead stupid and cheap. Even after her nerfs, she's still a strong character.

Dior

Whatever, I have already chosen my candidate, I don't have any interest in anything else here, not even in a inappropriate discussion.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah, because every character should have a completely abusable FT move that can only be escaped in one way when not near a wall and gives advantage when you toss it out and whiff it? Majority of the bitching about pre-patch Rachel was justified because she was braindead stupid and cheap. Even after her nerfs, she's still a strong character.

Most of the patching with Rachel was NOT justify. It would have been if her FT was the ONLY thing nerfed. She lost frame advantage out of other attacks, and they made some of her other moves slower. It doesn't help that tournaments get such low attendence yet the online players has such a big mouth about about something they know so little about.

Ivan Osorio

Can anyone vote on this? Even the noobest of noobs (aka. me)?

I would nominate Rachel as well. I don't claim to know the absolute inner workings of the game or its characters, but reading around, playing the game, Rachel is a really interesting character. Right now, post patch, you have to be an excellent player to take anything with her. Her limited options make so that YOU have to be a good, versatile, adaptive player, you have to know the game and be good at it. Pre-patch, it seems like everyone just got desperate over ONE move and it is a shame that TN took the nerfing bat too far, but I still think she is a good character, if nothing else, for her "uniqueness".

I don't compete, I don't play tournaments and I will never be a pro player, but I enjoy playing with Rachel now; it is hard, it is a challenge and it makes victory feels warranted. I do much more "damage" and have a MUCH easier time playing Hitomi, Momiji, Helena or Tina, but it doesn't feel as good as winning with Rachel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD