Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Candy Dragon

@Brute do you have a link to the original, because I can't see any differences going off of my memory. I'm really curious at what changes you've made.

Brute

Standard Donor
@Brute do you have a link to the original, because I can't see any differences going off of my memory. I'm really curious at what changes you've made.
The most significant difference is that the wings are now made out of "bone," whereas before they were standard, feathered wings. I also removed a necklace (it had a skull on it that I realized wasn't going to look right with the game physics at all), fixed up the lighting, and did some other touch-ups.

I'm sure I can find a link to the original somewhere around here, but I'm struggling to keep my eyes open at the moment (yes, I'm fully aware of how lazy that makes me look). If you remind me after I get some shut-eye, I can get that for you.

Kronin

@Brute I post in your place the old design for @Candy Dragon, hoping that you don't mind for it:

230.jpg

And here the current one:

nyo_necrotengu_01-png.11443

UpSideDownGRUNT

It was just a random one I made up. Was never meant to be any particular katana.
Oh right just the blue hilt and the design is almost exactly like the Jinran-Maru minus the actual sheath.

I'd just go with that it IS the Jinran it makes more sense as to why she'd have a katana and it gives much more of a kick plus it seems like something Hayate would do.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I've only seen 2 designs I like so far Enlightened Shadow's Ein and your Hitomi, then again though I've only seen like 4 actual designs lol.

Is there anywhere I can see all the submitted designs so far?

Candy Dragon

Not to my knowledge. You can look through this thread, or go on the facebook page or search #doacostumes on twitter, but there's no single gathering. Yet. It's unknown if TN are even gonna show off all the entries once the deadline hits.

KwonJigglypuff

New design for Necrotengu is great, but... you actually made it harder for TN. I don't think they will have the patience to make the wings. Or they could use the old design.

Anyway, great concept!

Brute

Standard Donor
New design for Necrotengu is great, but... you actually made it harder for TN. I don't think they will have the patience to make the wings. Or they could use the old design.

Anyway, great concept!
I was actually thinking about doing this the first time, but shied away from it for precisely that reason. But in this contest, TN is being pretty clear in the rules that they can change or alter submissions if they pick them. So I figured that if it's too hard to animate and all, TN could still pick the costume and then just make the normal wings.

The costume is a bit of a longshot anyway, as the various bones and hide coverings will be hard enough to model on their own. But, the idea was just too cool, so I put it there anyway.

synce

The Ganguro one is cute. And i'm sure the human candle isn't aimed at my demographic.
Considering she's a human candle I wonder if she's christian?

What, you don't like it when a girl takes candle wax all over her face? Don't tell me you're suggesting a costume variation with candle wax in her mouth. That's probably not good for you.

Jadeinchains

What, you don't like it when a girl takes candle wax all over her face? Don't tell me you're suggesting a costume variation with candle wax in her mouth. That's probably not good for you.

Atleast her skin isn't getting burnt from the wax. And yeah eating candle wax can't be healthy.

Argentus

Could "upgrade" the candle one into a proper monster costume TN would accept with some inspiration :3

Candmon_Collectors_Child_Card.jpg

Or just face reality and accept tn would put it in game on Lisa if you ditched the spandex and mask lol. Seriously they would SO do a candle wax bikini.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD