Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

synce

Could "upgrade" the candle one into a proper monster costume TN would accept with some inspiration :3

Candmon_Collectors_Child_Card.jpg

Or just face reality and accept tn would put it in game on Lisa if you ditched the spandex and mask lol. Seriously they would SO do a candle wax bikini.

WTF happened to Lumiere heh...

These are all just jokes though. I challenged myself to make each design more ridiculous than the last. Don't expect to win and don't care :p

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Could "upgrade" the candle one into a proper monster costume TN would accept with some inspiration :3

Candmon_Collectors_Child_Card.jpg

Or just face reality and accept tn would put it in game on Lisa if you ditched the spandex and mask lol. Seriously they would SO do a candle wax bikini.

no they wouldnt

Candy Dragon

There was an Eliot marionette and Eliot gravedigger that I really liked. Or Eliot as cupid if you like male fanservice. I can't recall any Zack ones. I'm sure I saw a few, but none have stuck in my mind.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope Zack does get a good submission. In contests like these, he's a very underrated person that few people submit designs for.

Kronin

WIP of "SweetBee", aka Mecha Mila. Thoughts?
View attachment 11457

This is 1 of about 5 submissions I'm working on at the moment. Got 9 days to finish em all.

The design seems very cool and imaginative, but I believe that if you don't rework it for making appear it as a costume worn over Mila's body - overall for her face - and not as a complete costume with Mila inside or a new mecha character at all, it has almost no chances to be selected from Team NINJA. In the past TN removed even simple things as the masks of Bayman and Rig respectively in their first and Halloween contest designs (I suppose for making them recognizable), so a full costume like this appear even more unlikely to me.

PS: I want clarify that I made a similar mistake with one of my concept designs that indeed I would need to rework just for this reason.

Argentus

The design seems very cool and imaginative, but I believe that if you don't rework it for making appear it as a costume worn over Mila's body - overall for her face - and not as a complete costume with Mila inside or a new mecha character at all, it has almost no chances to be selected from Team NINJA. In the past TN removed even simple things as the masks of Bayman and Rig respectively in their first and Halloween contest designs (I suppose for making them recognizable), so a full costume like this appear even more unlikely to me.

PS: I want clarify that I made a similar mistake with one of my concept designs that indeed I would need to rework just for this reason.
Yeah that's probably true :(

Suppose I could turn it into battle armor kinda like
SweetBeeCostume.JPG

But its just not the same.

Oh wait.

I don't have to choose this time I can just make and submit both versions :)

Last edited:

CommanderWiggles

It's been quite awhile since I've been here. Been busy with my semester (note I devoted my life to well, life and grades, and man was I ever happy! WHOO!).

But I am back for the contest (oh, great).
So far I submitted four designs. I've improved a bit, but I still feel a little insecure considering I have not had time to improve that much.

My first design is Phase-4 (my worst one).
11114760_10204253563971454_7833422357076272883_n.jpg

I changed her hairstyle sometime ago, and I wanted to keep it. Regardless. I am giving Phase that hair I always wanted.
This one I think would suit Marie more, but eh. I kind of wanted to put in some Phase qualities. Now I look at it and I'm like, "Oh, great. Not this."

Second- Kokoro (Tim Burton)- My favorite.
11233531_10204294549956078_6889864925623455107_n.jpg

Anthony helped me with the design a bit because the outfit is inspired and somewhat referenced from his gravedigger Eliot outfit (as we all know I ship the two). This one is by far my favorite. However, I think the art could be a little better, especially since that tie isn't centered in between her breasts.

Third- Post-Apocalyptic Phase (with that hair again).
11295755_10204314263968916_333157792002378385_n.jpg

This one came out in the back of my head, and yes, that new hairstyle is sticking. It has not worn off of me yet.

Fourth - Kasumi (modern princess).
11241033_10204333065878952_5030337630669836585_o.jpg

I don't think this one is Halloween enough, but eh. I love the flowers. I searched up some Tumblr fashion for this one.

Last edited:

Kronin

Yeah that's probably true :(

Suppose I could turn it into battle armor kinda like
View attachment 11458

But its just not the same.

Oh wait.

I don't have to choose this time I can just make and submit both versions :)

This seems to be a perfect example of what I suggested you and actually it's even more original if you ask me (I love the idea to use an helmet that emulate the hairstyle of Mila rather than a complete robot head) =)

And yes you can also submit more versions of the same outfit: I saw a fan that asked exactly this to TN and they answered that was fine.

@CommanderWiggles I believe that you made a great work with all your outfits, in particular I love your Kokoro's one and the post apocalypse Phase! ;)

synce

Like the post apocalyptic P4. WHat's that in the lower left corner? Kinda looks like a bra :p

CommanderWiggles

Like the post apocalyptic P4. WHat's that in the lower left corner? Kinda looks like a bra :p
That's my professional logo. xD
It's for my portfolio work. I put them in my portfolio. c:
My roommate said it looked like a bra too. Ahaahaa. It's supposed to be my signature earphones, with my red glasses, and in between is my first and last initials.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD