Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Kronin

I wish all the drawings (from the three contests) were gathered on the DOA wiki. If I had time to do so I would try to start something. But that's too ambitious for one man.

Very few, if any at all.

The Panda Leifang released in DoA2U and later with a DoA5 DLC pack is actually a fan outfit. Same for some of the swimsuits of DoAXBV released even on DoA2U.

However yes, they are very few and more the excepetion than the rule; but who knows for the fate of these current outfits that were selected in an actual contest made on purpose (and not between random fanarts)?

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Heres some unfinished concepts
christ1 copy.jpg christie witch copy.jpg pallets.jpg

Argentus

Dammit, why do I have to keep repeating myself?

SKILL DOESN'T MATTER. It never did. Please don't give the impression that someone has to be "good enough" at drawing to win.
To be fair, it DID matter for fan voting, because of first impressions and bias.

And good art does still make for good first impressions. Not to worry anyone, but that is reality for you.

Argentus

No blue hair Mila this year ? :oops:
That was my first submission back at the beginning of the month. I turned in my remade version of my original contest entry.
10887431_1557945304455859_8136736449138268500_o.jpg

Though come to think of it I don't think it ever got a "like" from DOA. Fuck.

Also I just realized I could have made it more Halloween by calling it a raver outfit

Last edited:

CommanderWiggles

Dammit, why do I have to keep repeating myself?

SKILL DOESN'T MATTER. It never did. Please don't give the impression that someone has to be "good enough" at drawing to win.
Unfortunately, people prefer the art style over the design. That's how terrible fanbases are with things like this.
I saw some great designs get the short end of the stick over the past couple of contests because of the drawing styles.

Brute

Standard Donor
Did you see this other design from the Wolf Sarah's designer of the previous Halloween contest

CFNjn2cUMAAWm9D.jpg:orig

Imo it's an unusual but pretty original variation for a Tina outfit =)
If only the leggings were done differently.

Aside from that, it looks great.

Brute

Standard Donor
This debate is one of those nuanced topics that hardly anyone can articulate properly, so we're left with little more than polarized shouts of subjective bias that cover only a tiny corner of a large mural.

This would be the moment where anyone who isn't an idiot decides to let it go for reasons that should be readily apparent.

Xhominid The Demon Within

This debate is one of those nuanced topics that hardly anyone can articulate properly, so we're left with little more than polarized shouts of subjective bias that cover only a tiny corner of a large mural.

This would be the moment where anyone who isn't an idiot decides to let it go for reasons that should be readily apparent.

Pretty much. It IS a problem no less though as I do know many people believe the best design SHOULD win rather than be treated as equal to an even worse design.

This is one of those things that I will not be particularly happy about if I do win yet get deluged by people bitching at my design and me for winning because "There was better designs dammit!". It's easily enough to turn people off from the community completely...

These contests always bring out the worst of the community.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I saw that dark knight Ayane as well but I personally preffer the non stripper version
image.jpg

I can't really remmeber any other Hayate ones I really liked but I like this one just because the cape would look really cool with Hayate's dashes. think Advent Children Vincent
image.jpg

my vote for Lisa is tied between Brute's and this
image.jpg

i will prioritize learning Raidou if he gets this
image.jpg

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I saw that dark knight Ayane as well but I personally preffer the non stripper version

I can't really remmeber any other Hayate ones I really liked but I like this one just because the cape would look really cool with Hayate's dashes. think Advent Children Vincent

my vote for Lisa is tied between Brute's and this

i will prioritize learning Raidou if he gets this
Save the Raidou picture, the other attached pictures return error messages.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD