Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Won't be surprised if the first pre-order for DOA6 is just belly-dancer costumes for the ENTIRE CAST ;)

tbh idk if it's the same situation but last year i entered a spider christie and another spider christie won but i was ok with it cause that one was better ngl.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
tbh idk if it's the same situation but last year i entered a spider christie and another spider christie won but i was ok with it cause that one was better ngl.

I also remember all the Alice in Wonderland Marie Roses. And they were all heavily inspired by the Disney version. Blue, short dress, white apron. It took several contests until TN finally did a Marie Rose Alice though.
And I was like:
Finally! :D Because I really wanted her as Alice (and Eliot as the White Rabbit :()...

BkQI7LaCIAAlhhJ.jpg:large

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I also remember all the Alice in Wonderland Marie Roses. And they were all heavily inspired by the Disney version. Blue, short dress, white apron. It took several contests until TN finally did a Marie Rose Alice though.
And I was like:
Finally! :D Because I really wanted her as Alice (and Eliot as the White Rabbit :()...

BkQI7LaCIAAlhhJ.jpg:large
That looks very nice,
Also this question is off topic but: who do you main Tyaren ?

Paige

“I think you would care if someone copies you and takes credit for your work. work that are hours of sketchd, design and digital edition. and at the end comes aTROL, copy your design in 5 minutes and everyone applauds.

source:
comments

This is why, if you have a good concept like his, you should email it to TN instead.

Brute

Standard Donor
Why didn't Team Ninja credit Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, the composer of the original Swan Lake ballet?
Why didn't Team Ninja credit Jacob W. Davis for inventing jeans?

Derivative works should always credit the source material, dating back thousands of years. Any time I eat meat, I give proper credit to my homo-erectus ancestors for inventing the use of fire, as should you.

Paige

The people who made Black Swan should’ve emailed it to TN instead of putting it in theaters now all these artists are copying it smh

blackswan101206_560.jpg

004-black-swan-theredlist.jpg

That is the reference, like Christie's catwoman-inspired costume. This artist's costume as a whole (pattern and design, execution) is the actual concept.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
That's the obvious reference, just like Christie's catwoman-inspired costume.

The costume as a whole (pattern, design, shoes) is the concept.
The whole swan concept is pretty common, just like the belly dancers etc, do you know how many people came up with belly dancers ? Do TN really have to credit them as well just for the concept ?

Paige

TN just moved from belly dancers to swans in a year. It will remain an awesome original design submitted in the wrong year.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Can we all just stop arguing regarding this concept mumbo jumbo? >.>

And can anyone confirm if they even fixed the online issues yet? My friend still can't get the content on Xbox one and he bought the season pass, yet it still says he needs to pay the price

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Can we all just stop arguing regarding this concept mumbo jumbo? >.>

And can anyone confirm if they even fixed the online issues yet? My friend still can't get the content on Xbox one and he bought the season pass, yet it still says he needs to pay the price
Not yet, I think they’ll tweet it once they fixed it.

KwonJigglypuff

So.... after 5 Halloweens.. what was your saddest disappointment, your happiest surprise, the worst design, the best design, and finally THE missing costume ? (for any reason)

1508352479-halloweeeeeeenie.jpg

Disappointment: Lisa getting a superhero swap from Tina in 2013 when she had other good submissions
Surprise: La Mariposa finally getting a good Halloween costume in 2014 after so many years (@Kodachi )
Worst: Halloween Nurse Sarah in 2013 because... erm.. what was that again? A purple-orange lazy mess...
Best: Easiest choice would be Marie-Antoinette Helena.. let's say Mad Hatter Brad in 2015! Really good! Who did it btw?
Missing: Alchemist Brad! Such a good fit, imagine him drinking some green potion. Maybe in December if it's another Fan Award Pack!

Another disappointment was yesterday after seeing the bad textures/physics they gave to Lorelei Helena lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So.... after 5 Halloweens.. what was your saddest disappointment, your happiest surprise, the worst design, the best design, and finally THE missing costume ? (for any reason)

Disappointment: Lisa getting a superhero swap from Tina in 2013 when she had other good submissions
Surprise: La Mariposa finally getting a good Halloween costume in 2014 after so many years (@Kodachi )
Worst: Halloween Nurse Sarah in 2013 because... erm.. what was that again? A purple-orange lazy mess...
Best: Easiest choice would be Marie-Antoinette Helena.. let's say Mad Hatter Brad in 2015! Really good! Who did it btw?
Missing: Alchemist Brad! Such a good fit, imagine him drinking some green potion. Maybe in December if it's another Fan Award Pack!

Another disappointment was yesterday after seeing the bad textures/physics they gave to Lorelei Helena lol
☆Disappointment: Most of Kasumi's Halloween costumes being meh or garbage

☆Surprise: Rachel and Naotora both getting the entries I wanted for them this year

☆Worst: Marie Rose's witch costume from a year or two ago and Kasumi's 2014 costume, it looks tacky and like they reduced her measurements

☆Best: Can't choose... pretty much all the ones I bought besides the ones above. Phase 4's pink horned hoodie leotard is definitely one of my faves

☆Missing: Workout Eliot, I wanted that to win >.>

UpSideDownGRUNT

Faves:
:hitomi: 2013 - Cupid, 2016 - Undead Waifu
:ein: 2014 - Pirate
:ayane: 2014 - Lillith/Succubus, 2015 - Reaper Ninja
:rachel: 2013 - Fiend, 2014 - Skeleton jumpsuit, 2015 - Pirate, 2016 - Stripper Cop
:leifang: 2015 - Pumpkin Succubus, 2017 - Ling Xiaoyu

Indifferent:
:hitomi: 2015 - Kuma, 2017 - Witch
:ein: 2016 - Undead Husbando, 2017 - Helsing
:ayane: 2017 - whatever her costume is this year
:rachel: 2017 - Rachel Sandiego
:leifang: 2013 - Chinese Vampire, 2016 - Witch, 2014 - Oni

Dislike:
:hitomi: 2014 - Yokai
:ein: 2013 - Incubus, 2015 - Tarzan
:ayane: 2013 - Forest fairy, 2016 - Witch?

Jackie Chan Fan

I like Momiji's mummy design. I hate it when TN reused it for Mila and Ryu.

A suprise would be anything that covered very little skin. I'm surprised that TN used that design.

Worst design for me is anything with pumpkin in the head. Can't see who's the character unless I select him on the character selection screen. hahaha

KwonJigglypuff

A lot of people are talking about belly dancers, but pirates actually cover 5% of all the costumes!

yeah, I love statistics

Another missing opportunities would have been a Yakuza Rig, a Carnival Lisa, an Oni Mila, a Raven/Plague Doctor Nyotengu, a Futakushi-onna Momiji, a Cheshire Ayane, a Milkman Eliot and a Chef Hitomi... crazy it wasn't done.

I would have loved Beauty and the Beast matching costumes for Bayman and Helena, but... first I want my Phantom of the Opera muahaha. 6 contests I'm trying lolz... by the way, again, thank you @ShinobiOfTheWind and @axouel2009 for your assistance!

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

What a beautiful collage. Crazy that there's been 5 Halloween packs now after all this time! :D So many good outfits. I wonder what the December pack will be? And I wonder/hope that once doa6 comes out that we will continue to get Halloween packs and contests for that too! :)

It was a shame to see Lisa get a swap of Tina's when she had her own submissions but luckily I liked it and It was modified at least. So I wouldn't call it a disappointment personally since I like that outfit. And for best there's been to many that I really like to pick just one or two that are what I'd call the best.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Disappointment: The mummies + copypaste outfits.
Surprise: I'm not even going to say it. It's too obvious.
Worst: Most of Sarah's, but the newest one is the best!
Best: Kappa.
Missing: Werewolf Sarah and that Gen Fu costume that I mentioned a page or two back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD