Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puño de Leyenda

Pretty stoked that they're finally bringing more fan-costumes to life!

Here are all of the Halloween Contest entries for anyone that wants to see them again:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa5u_dc2

While I'd absolutely love to see my Kabuki Akira make it in here, I also love @Ghosty-J 's Akira and @Brute's Banankira! Suffice to say, Banakira itself was an entire movement! Odds are that we may be receiving potassium-flavored KNEES in the near future. ;)

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I think it's rachel and here's why
You put her on a team with you in tag mode, she has a "kiss of death" combo

Also for some reason i think that scythe works perfectly with @Shiranui 's costume

no ... with TN's record... Rachel's costume will most likely be slutty ...
a grim reaper cloak is too conservative :p

I have a feeling we're getting pirate brad ... it fits him so well :)
Magician Cristie looks great too :)

Last edited:

Boogie

OMG, I'm crossing my fingers for you, that this is your Rig design! :)

BzT5_GWIcAA51bm.jpg:large

It's pretty cool! :) Was it inspired by hip hop/rappers? And why is his pants open? ;D

Im an urban artist so all my designs are inspired by street wear haha so it came naturally. IF that is my design, I am pretty curious if they will keep his pants open. Hmmmmmm judging from the screencap, the back of his arm is visible and there could possibly be a design on it. That doesn't seem to be a lighting issue and the textures are the same throughout. The skull part does fit better with the Phase-4 outfit so Im not sweating about that.

Does anyone have a link to the actual winners of the Halloween contest? For some reason I can't fine a link or a facebook photo album of them. If they aren't using the winners costumes then pretty much all bets are off. I wonder if this was a decision based on the minor backlash about the amount of butt windows that won.

DeSharko18

I have a feeling we're getting pirate brad ... it fits him so well :)

I feel Pirate Brad will win too. Because possibly looks more like a "Carnaval/ Halloween" costume than my design or other ones. I would be happy for the author who wins with Brad, hope to see in a future the Legacy Brad costume and his loose hairstyle or a chinese hat in one future DLC costume xD

Addictrian

So if Marie gets the Witch Costume ...and she already has the New Costume from Axoul ..she gets 2 Costumes from the Contest !!

Maybe the other Characters gets 2 or even more ,too.

:)

Kronin

I hope that this can be the Rig's outfit designed by @Boogie, maybe TN decided to hint it just because she stated to them her conviction that the design was discarded being used an element of it for another character. By the way "Kiss of death" was also a line of Christie in Doa4 if I don't remember bad, however I believe more likely that this is just a coincidence.

Here a picture of the full design of Rig if it's this one:

266.jpg

Im an urban artist so all my designs are inspired by street wear haha so it came naturally. IF that is my design, I am pretty curious if they will keep his pants open. Hmmmmmm judging from the screencap, the back of his arm is visible and there could possibly be a design on it. That doesn't seem to be a lighting issue and the textures are the same throughout. The skull part does fit better with the Phase-4 outfit so Im not sweating about that.

The street wear is definitely even a style that fit Rig, so the choice is perfect in this case. About the open pants, this is one of the peculiar elements of Ein's C3 since DoA2 (and in some ways even Tina have them in her classic wrestling outfit) so I don't believe that should be a problem XD

Does anyone have a link to the actual winners of the Halloween contest? For some reason I can't fine a link or a facebook photo album of them. If they aren't using the winners costumes then pretty much all bets are off. I wonder if this was a decision based on the minor backlash about the amount of butt windows that won.

Here you find the winners of the second contest:

Top10:
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...oa-news/halloween-contest-results-update-r723

TN's rewards:
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...lloween-design-contest-team-ninja-awards-r734

By the way Team NINJA said more times that the winners of the outfits didn't obtain automatically the right to become DLC, only that potentially they could be the most likely. It's just for this reason that I think that maybe they could have decided for an hidden rule about to make DLC surely the top 2/3 between the most voted ones, but for the rest everything remain in their judgement.

About Phase-4 not getting her outfit in the top 10, for me more simply TN is giving the priority to the most Halloween designs and the Grim Reaper theme on Phase-4 that is hooded in her main outfit... it's the most fitting Halloween outfit that I can think for her XD (I really regret to not have got a such simple but perfect idea).

EDIT:
Btw, thinking about it Bass had a devil outfit surely more Halloween style that wasn't chosen in favor of the inclusion of Sumo's one. However the latter was also rewarded by the designer team of Team NINJA and in some sense an outfit so rewarded could be the one with more chances in absolute to become a future DLC.

So if Marie gets the Witch Costume ...and she already has the New Costume from Axoul ..she gets 2 Costumes from the Contest !!

Maybe the other Characters gets 2 or even more ,too.

:)

These are two different matters, apparently the outfits from the first contest could be an exclusive for the Last Round disc; so yes, potentially all the characters could get an outfit for each contest (and TN had already expressed this idea to someone questioning them about the outcome of the first contest).

By the way so far we can only talk with certainty about the Halloween contest, that could end to be the source for all or almost the characters (in the DLC pack of this month).

Last edited:

legibifou

TN's rewards:
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/inde...lloween-design-contest-team-ninja-awards-r734
[...]
for me more simply TN is giving the priority to the most Halloween designs
[...]
EDIT: Btw, thinking about it Bass had a devil outfit surely more Halloween style that wasn't chosen in favor of the inclusion of Sumo's one. However the latter was also rewarded by the designer team of Team NINJA and in some sense an outfit so rewarded could be the one with more chances in absolute to become a future DLC.

:-(
Until I've realised there is a Momiji's costume that was rewarded by TN, I really thought I still had a chance that my Momiji's Oni/ghost costume could appear in the game...
I really wonder if every TN's rewarded costume will be in this pack...

MOMIJI HALLOWEEN CONTEST 4000.jpg

Princess Kasumi

I wish Rachel had an amazon costume.

1412710831-rachel-amazon.jpg
Rachel as amazon/xena fits her so perfectly! you've some very good ideas Kwon! (thumbs up) ^_^

Until I've realised there is a Momiji's costume that was rewarded by TN, I really thought I still had a chance that my Momiji's Oni/ghost costume could appear in the game...

View attachment 7660
Yosuke Hayashi has good taste for Momiji!

Squizzo

View attachment 7660
I think your outfit still has a fair chance. It was the most popular Momiji outfit on FB and is more Halloween related then the other popular designs.
I hope your design wins.

Kronin

View attachment 7660

Hey, remember that I'm just speculating XD It's not how I know what pass for the mind of TN, so the fact that they rewarded an outfit for Momiji doesn't mean necessarily that it will become a DLC =)

Btw if you care to know fully my opinion about, the choice of the Team Designers is anyway more strong than the one of single members (even if we are talking of the leaders Hayashi and Shimbori), just because it's something that come from more people and exactly the one busy with the outfits matters. So the Bass outfit in this contest or the Leifang design from the previous one, are IMO the designs that have in absolute more chances to become DLC (with maybe the exception of Blue Kimono Kasumi, awarded from both a member of the team and the fans).

For this reason I think that you shouldn't lose the hopes for your design: considering that we are talking of an outfit using a Japanese folklore theme, pretty Halloweenish and apparently appreciated from the fans (at least on FB, I can't talk for the results of the contest), I believe that it has good chances ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD