Hayate in DOA5U

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
In the DOA5U streams I noticed the last hit of Nakiryu doesn't do any damage.

Do any of you know how it works now? Does it just do less damage now, or does it do the full damage on the first two hits?

were you watching them doing combo practice? ive noticed for some retarded reason TN didnt think we needed to see how much damage the full combos do so they ignore the last hit damage wise.

Zeo

...Hold up... a thought just crossed my mind...

Hayate has his teleports back right?... in stages with ceilings... couldn't we do...

Adv Mid K Hold/41236F+P > Teleport > 3K > 3PP > CB > Launch?

I knew Hayate got better but... I'm only just now realizing he might end up being even scarier than Busa on ceiling stages... I seriously have a lot of labbing to do with all my characters...

TakedaZX

...Hold up... a thought just crossed my mind...

Hayate has his teleports back right?... in stages with ceilings... couldn't we do...

Adv Mid K Hold/41236F+P > Teleport > 3K > 3PP > CB > Launch?

I knew Hayate got better but... I'm only just now realizing he might end up being even scarier than Busa on ceiling stages... I seriously have a lot of labbing to do with all my characters...
No, the mechanics don't allow for it. I tried that before the teleport was even and option but what happens is, the 3K (or any strike) immediately knocksdown on BT. Therefore it's impossible. Try it yourself.

Zeo

No, the mechanics don't allow for it. I tried that before the teleport was even and option but what happens is, the 3K (or any strike) immediately knocksdown on BT. Therefore it's impossible. Try it yourself.
Might be able to do 3PP > launch though. But this bares further testing, or testing at all. Ultimate is a different ball game.

TakedaZX

Might be able to do 3PP > launch though.
No. In fact, that was the first thing I tested. The result was any hit on a back turned opponent in a sit down stun results in a knockdown, an immediate knockdown at that. There is not threshold, there is not guessing, they just drop. You can test this by doing the Tsuji-Kage yourself (41236T) then walking around the opponent or by doing 46H which sets up the situation immediately (BT SD stun).

The upside to this is receiving the BT launch height on any strike you do (as it would be with Kasumi's H+K to 6K, or H+K to any launcher at the wall that fits). That means the possibility is that you could dash behind someone then launch them with 8K/6P+K~P+K, resulting in the highest launch height possible straight into 4p6p+k~k, bt 7k.

You're right, Ultimate could be different though, but the reality is I doubt that TN would be this giving of guaranteed damage like that so the situation is most likely the same. That being said, if 41236T C!, Tele, 6p+k~p+k works on highest SE, this means that mids and heavies will always be vulnerable to max launch combos (i.e. Instead of only getting 8p, pp6pk off of the immediate launch, 4p6p+k~k, bt 7k will always be available.

Shade

Hayates guaranteed BT combo of 3K>7P>3K or whatever variation you use involving the command SS P or 3PP can now be SE'd for a front facing stun. Have to launch after the first hit for guaranteed success.

P+K on any type of hit leads into the bound/bind/ground animation. Some found follow ups are
:3_::P::P::3::3::K::K:
:6::P+K::K:

Neither is effective against heavy weights. Weight truly matters in 5U because the gravity has once again been changed slightly.

Overall hayates still very much more of the same.

Tenryuga

Hayates guaranteed BT combo of 3K>7P>3K or whatever variation you use involving the command SS P or 3PP can now be SE'd for a front facing stun. Have to launch after the first hit for guaranteed success.

P+K on any type of hit leads into the bound/bind/ground animation. Some found follow ups are
:3_::P::P::3::3::K::K:
:6::P+K::K:

Neither is effective against heavy weights. Weight truly matters in 5U because the gravity has once again been changed slightly.

Overall hayates still very much more of the same.

Damn. I was hoping 4P 6P+K K worked. How's the damage output looking on those? fair enough?

Zeo

Let me get this straight, no more Guaraneed BT 3K > 3PP > 7P?

That's a shame.

Nate

Anyone else in training? Put the computer on max stagger escape and you can't make anything connect. Not even the old combos.

9P, 3PP can be escaped before 33K launcher.
Using 1P in a stun isn't possible anymore, as it's only like +7.
That backflip thing is pretty much useless?
H+K is only +7 at all stun levels.
etc, etc nothing good to say.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Well at least this is better that the old H+K, not good enough though.
Hayate is still the worst ninja, even momiji looks to be better than him.

Jaguar360

Well at least this is better that the old H+K, not good enough though.
Hayate is still the worst ninja, even momiji looks to be better than him.
From the looks of it Busa and Hayate seem to be tied now, but I don't have the game so I wouldn't know. :( I'm just happy that Nakiryu's been buffed to 70 damage and that he got his teleport back.
How much do 33T and Raijin do now BTW?

Nate

...and what is the deal with combo training? It teaches you combos even the slowest of stagger escapes can avoid. 3H+K into PK? Really? It makes me think Team Ninja doesn't know how their own game works.

Also looking at frame data, not sure if it's the same in DOA5 -- but +16 isn't good enough to land a +15 move.

Hayate took a huge nerf. If I don't trade this game off, I need to learn another character. I was really hoping this game would deliver. It's just more non-sense.

TakedaZX

...and what is the deal with combo training? It teaches you combos even the slowest of stagger escapes can avoid. 3H+K into PK? Really? It makes me think Team Ninja doesn't know how their own game works.

Also looking at frame data, not sure if it's the same in DOA5 -- but +16 isn't good enough to land a +15 move.

Hayate took a huge nerf. If I don't trade this game off, I need to learn another character. I was really hoping this game would deliver. It's just more non-sense.
It's the 2 frame delay. +16 means that only 14i moves will impact... it needs to be +17 for 33K to work.

Hayate is garbage as usual. He requires you to play a weak punishment style that other characters can do better... he's pathetic.

I'm done.

Nate

This isn't just garbage, it's very very horrible. A whole new level below garbage. Again, as with the combo training as proof, I don't think Team Ninja understands how their own game works. All the signs are there, of their own ignorance. Anyone know if I can return a game within 1 day to Gamestop for full store credit? I'd rather chill on SCIV.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD