Hayate in DOA5U

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Just a slight correction, the error is 2 frames. A 9 frame jab takes 11 frames to connect. Throws have a 1 frame error. A 7 frame throw takes 8 frames to connect.

That is, if I'M not mistaken.

Tenryuga

Well me and the Zack boys are still going through Zack. We'll post our findings soon.

Whoever said 3PP > 33K is still guaranteed was doing the wrong things. Set CPU to fastest stagger, and set the reaction to guard. 33K is blocked every single time. Just wanted to clear that up. I've still yet to try it on a human though so there's that.

EDIT: I looked through his stuff a bit and my conclusion is that he is only slightly nerfed. The nerfs being reduced juggle damage, loss of 3PP > 33K and 1P's stun / 2 in 1. 66KKK works well for early launches and his grab damage is hella high. It's the best out of all the strikers. The only launcher that's balls right now is 33K and I never used that much in my setups anyway (Only when my stun didn't allow for an 8K launcher and I needed a quick mid kick launch). At higher launch heights use 66KKK midscreen. I'm gonna look into his teleport and see what I can come up with but yeah. Stop being bitch ass niggas. He's alright.

Last edited:

Nate

As I mentioned before, another nerf is 1P during stun doesn't give enough advantage for any follow-ups. So you're stuck with mid and highs as options. 1PP isn't a 2-in-1 and wouldn't even be desired unless maybe there was a wall.

What's the point in 3PP into that sit-down stun if nothing connects? What's the frames on 236P? I'm not at home to see if that's guaranteed. If nothing connects, its rather a useless attack. For using two unsafe predictable mids in a row, you should get 33K...

The teleport seems useless right now unless people try to CH you a lot, but most people would rather punish his unsafeness.

Tenryuga

As I mentioned before, another nerf is 1P during stun doesn't give enough advantage for any follow-ups. So you're stuck with mid and highs as options. 1PP isn't a 2-in-1 and wouldn't even be desired unless maybe there was a wall.

What's the point in 3PP into that sit-down stun if nothing connects? What's the frames on 236P? I'm not at home to see if that's guaranteed. If nothing connects, its rather a useless attack. For using two unsafe predictable mids in a row, you should get 33K...

The teleport seems useless right now unless people try to CH you a lot, but most people would rather punish his unsafeness.

33PP is +16. 236P is 14 frames I believe. Teleport isn't meant to be used during strings IMO. It's a tool during his spacing / footsie game to bait people into attacking and punish thier whiffs. It is also a good tool on oki to punish wake up kicks. IMO trying to teleport during strings is the worst possible use of the move.

Nate

Then why does it exist? Why does 3PP exist anymore? Why does Team Ninja teach 3H+K into P,K is a combo? Why does DOA get crappier and crappier as time goes on? Why do we exist?

Tenryuga

Then why does it exist? Why does 3PP exist anymore? Why does Team Ninja teach 3H+K into P,K is a combo? Why does DOA get crappier and crappier as time goes on? Why do we exist?

3PP exists to give us a 6P or 3K. TN does that because their logic isn't exactly on point. You should know this by now. I don't know about you but I'm in this thread to come up with tech for Hayate. We already know what hits he took. Now we have to look at what we have left and work with it within the new system. I would appreciate it if everybody else stopped complaining about Hayate getting shafted. This isn't anything new to me and it shouldn't be new to you either. I used him in 1.02. Like legitimately, when he had NOTHING. 5U Hayate most definitely has SOMETHING and he is better off than 1.02. If I can use 1.02 Hayate, then you should all be able to use 5U Hayate who is better than 1.02 Hayate.

Last edited:

Nate

3PP exists to give us a 6P or 3K. TN does that because their logic isn't exactly on point. You should know this by now. I don't know about you but I'm in this thread to come up with tech for Hayate. We already know what hits he took. Now we have to look at what we have left and work with it within the new system. I would appreciate it if everybody else stopped complaining about Hayate getting shafted. This isn't anything new to me and it shouldn't be new to you either. I used him in 1.02. Like legitimately, when he had NOTHING. 5U Hayate most definitely has SOMETHING and he is better off than 1.02. If I can use 1.02 Hayate, then you should all be able to use 5U Hayate who is better than 1.02 Hayate.

Whatever floats your boat, positive-words-guy. Bend over and take it, and talk about how you're going to deal with it.

I will continue elsewhere, as to not taint your holy ground here, to make Team Ninja realize they are morons. 3H+K, PK in combo training? Team Ninja, please sell the series to a team who knows how this game works.

Anyone still on DOA4, btw? haha! I'm just messing anyways, I already got full store credit for my 5U disc.

Tenryuga

Hayate is still highly playable... His throw damage buffs are excellent and his new f+k turnaround stun creates great mind games... P+k guaranteed combo after hit. And excellent move speed... Still a great character, just don't play the stun game

Finally somebody sees it. Seriously. Hayate's strength was always in his mid range game and that has been unaffected, possibly even buffed with the inclusion of teleport. His guard breaks and sweeps, as well as string play allow for potent punch grabs and grab setups to capitalize on his grab damage. The character is solid but the veterans are too busy sucking DOA4 Hayate's dick so they have this illusion that he's bad and that's what irks me. Yes I want his 4H+K back the most out of anything in that game. Yes I want +5 on 236K. Yes I want PP4P strings. But he doesn't have those. So we have to use what we have even if it isn't "WHOAMG so good!" status. Like damn you guys are worse than the Eliot players. They got their shit together after day 1 and started working on tech and found a few nice things. The Hitomi players already assessed what her nerfs are and are evaluating her tools and working with the new stuff she got. This forum isn't even at the phase where it is looking for tech because the players are too busy complaining. Thanks for showing up Jin; I was almost convinced that I would be the only guy trying to look for tech. Let's hope we can find something ill.

TakedaZX

Nakiryu wall juggle: 4K6K 8P PP6PK. 85 on NH. 123 on HC.
Absolutely needs a wall for that last kick to work.

4K6K, 66KKK is the open space BnB.
Hayate is still highly playable... His throw damage buffs are excellent and his new f+k turnaround stun creates great mind games... P+k guaranteed combo after hit. And excellent move speed... Still a great character, just don't play the stun game
The life count was upgraded to 300 while damn near everyone elses throw damage was upgraded as well. You're basically getting the same damage you were in comparison to life now, it's just not ass low like in 1.02.

H+K's stun is good but there's better things to do with it than give him mind games for it. H+K, 6K still happens for someone like Kasumi (Except on HIGHEST SE so you must be on point with that SE every time which isn't likely).
at +9, would be the only point that the next hit would be unmanageable (6P). There's other preferred things that could've worked out in this.

Thanks for showing up Jin; I was almost convinced that I would be the only guy trying to look for tech. Let's hope we can find something ill.
Shut up bitch lol! I'm still in the lab aren't I? Just cause I haven't told your ass what I discovered doesn't mean you're the only one. I'll show you later in online dojo.

Tenryuga

Shut up bitch lol! I'm still in the lab aren't I? Just cause I haven't told your ass what I discovered doesn't mean you're the only one. I'll show you later in online dojo.

Lol glad to hear it bro; you had me worried for a second.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD