Helena gameplay video discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einzelkind

Did anyone figure out her fatal stuns yet? It seems like they work against holds or something. (the last p in 6ppp for example).

Last edited:

Einzelkind

She definitely has some outside of fatal rush. I just didn't have time to go through all of her movelist. I got one when my opponent tried to hold the last p of 6ppp, but guessed wrong.

TRI Mike

I tried her command training and she feels so weird now. DOA4’s PP2KP is still gone, and now her 33P string is only accesible from bokuho duck. Those were my most important moves in doa4 and 5 respectively so I have no clue what to do with her now, lol

Omegan Eckhart

Helena may change after the day one patch, but this is what I noticed from the Deluxe Demo (all tested on mid-weight):

214P+K bounds now. You can follow up with 6P4P > 4PK > 6P+K.

214P isn't a SDS now, so the follow ups aren't guaranteed.

BKO P+K has surprising range. Might be useful for catching opponents off guard when they approach you from a distance.

BT 4K doesn't seem to be the best launcher.

BT 4P+K isn't as easy to use in air juggles.

BKO 6P4P is a really good air re-launcher

6K is a good re-launcher after a wall splat.

44PPP has no special properties. Not sure how useful this is now.

6PPP causes a bound when the last hit reaches stun threshold, same as in 5.

33P is 3 frames slower than Helena's now BKO 22P. It's -10 on block so it's somewhat risky to throw out.

BKO 2P+K is useful but a little underwhelming on hit.

4PPK has increased air re-launch capabilities, so you can chain heavier combo's, for example: BKO throw > 4PPK > 6PKP now works due to the increase in launch. It think it is specifically the knee as her 6K seems to work the same.

66F+K is as others have mentioned, kind of meh. It provides a huge amount of stun when it hits, but has slow start up and a bunch of whiff recovery. Still -5 on block though.

Helena doesn't seem to have a lot of interesting properties to her moves, limbo stuns, free follow ups after landing hits seem to have been omitted this time round. 214P+K guarantees a small combo now though, which is better than 5 where she could only guarantee P, 6P or 4P.

On the upside she seems to still have heavy stuns, despite all stuns seemingly shorter than in previous games.

I tried her command training and she feels so weird now. DOA4’s PP2KP is still gone, and now her 33P string is only accesible from bokuho duck. Those were my most important moves in doa4 and 5 respectively so I have no clue what to do with her now, lol

Both PP2KP and 33P4P were great for free cancelling mid string whilst the opponent was airborne, as they could still catch the opponent before they hit the ground. I'm currently in the mindset of DOA3 Helena. I find myself using PPK and 9K to finish air juggles, as 9PKP and 66KPP both require more launch height to land than in recent games.

Last edited:

TRI Mike

Yeah but do 9PKP and 66KPP deal good damage¿ I felt like those were pretty weak in 5 compared to DOA4. Honestly, DOA4 was really bad but that game's Helena was a monster and she needs to come back.

KwonJigglypuff

- It's a shame 44PPP doesn't rebound.

- And yeah, 66K+H should have a follow-up.

1408805056-bfio8.gif

- Don't know if this would be crazy, but I would like her to have the option to throw from her BKO's sidestep (similar to her backturned throw).

- Small detail, but I like that KKK connect in air. Not the best combo ender, but it features her savate, so it's nice.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Helena may change after the day one patch, but this is what I noticed from the Deluxe Demo (all tested on mid-weight):

214P+K bounds now. You can follow up with 6P4P > 4PK > 6P+K.
Yep! I love using it.

BKO P+K has surprising range. Might be useful for catching opponents off guard when they approach you from a distance.
It's going to be fun abusing this move. That and 236P, since it crushes highs.

44PPP has no special properties. Not sure how useful this is now.
I REALLY wish this was a bound move...

33P is 3 frames slower than Helena's now BKO 22P. It's -10 on block so it's somewhat risky to throw out.
I'd probably only use this to crush certain high strings. Outside of that, this move is useless right now.

Overall: I really hope she gets some additional changes to help improve her.

Omegan Eckhart

Overall: I really hope she gets some additional changes to help improve her.

From what I've noticed, her frame data on block seems to be copy-pasted from 5, and the new moves she has don't really do much. Hopefully the patch brings some changes that make her tool set feel refreshed somewhat, as there's very little to experiment with currently.

Alex_MaGanda

Any decent helena player is gonna notice quick she got nerfed hard in 6 check her frames her old 33p4p out of bokuho is only usable after your in bokuho after you 22 that moves is useless now i would say shes low tier now those 2 moves out of her bokuho 22 are just useless now dont know why they would nerf her she was fine in 5 only noobs complained about her but good players knew she wasnt broken she had no garantueeds whatsoever and was purely based on her mixup wich ofc was great but you can poke with any charactere if you know how lol and alot of characteres have decent mixups plus her 22 out of bokuho already got nerfed when 5 came out idc anymore tbh i dont like 6 at all played it an got proven right that 6 is shit they finally killed the series for me and no it has nothing to do with helena i play multiple characteres beside her the game is just not fun for me

Akumasama

- Don't know if this would be crazy, but I would like her to have the option to throw from her BKO's sidestep (similar to her backturned throw).
Bokuho sidestep? Wait wait wait. Is there a way to do a sidestep from Bokuho? Wow, I must have missed it when I played with her in the demo :O

One thing I've been feeling the need of on Helena since DoA2 is a backturned crouch throw. She only has a standing one.
Would add so much value to her backturned stance :(

Btw I forgot to check, is Helena still without offensive holds?

Akumasama

Any decent helena player is gonna notice quick she got nerfed hard in 6 check her frames her old 33p4p out of bokuho is only usable after your in bokuho after you 22 that moves is useless now i would say shes low tier now those 2 moves out of her bokuho 22 are just useless now dont know why they would nerf her she was fine in 5 only noobs complained about her but good players knew she wasnt broken she had no garantueeds whatsoever and was purely based on her mixup wich ofc was great but you can poke with any charactere if you know how lol and alot of characteres have decent mixups plus her 22 out of bokuho already got nerfed when 5 came out idc anymore tbh i dont like 6 at all played it an got proven right that 6 is shit they finally killed the series for me and no it has nothing to do with helena i play multiple characteres beside her the game is just not fun for me
Why are you saying moves after teishitsu are useless? They seem ok to me. P+K is a bit slow maybe, but can still catch the opponents in counters and maybe do a combo/juggle if you surprise them mid-combo or end-combo by avoiding their blows with Teishitsu.

I agree Helena didn't need to be nerfed though. I mean if we're talking about DOA5 Vanilla Helena... sure, her ground game was really something. But Helena how she was at the end of DoA5 LR was totally balanced imo, like many other characters to be fair.

Regardless, we all know things aren't gonna stay like this forever. Through the years we'll see plenty of additions and changes, can only hope they will be good for Helena.
For the time being I'm just hoping they can swap some command inputs and put the string that currently start with 3+P back into 9+P.
That's sooooo unintuitive after so many games where they've ALWAYS started with 9+P. No bloody reason to change that input, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD