DOA5LR Helena in DOA5: Last Round

ninjaguy446

We're -5 after BT 66K2 now :( Throw nerfs suck but it's not too bad since her reset throws are where she shines. She got hit in the face with the nerf bat, but it could've been a lot worse.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
We're -5 after BT 66K2 now :( Throw nerfs suck but it's not too bad since her reset throws are where she shines. She got hit in the face with the nerf bat, but it could've been a lot worse.
Just be glad that our lady didn't end up like Ms. Whom-shall-not-be-named :cool:

Omegan Eckhart

How is 66P from BKO going to be useful? Are we meant to dash at them whilst in BKO? And if it hits they fall on their ass, wonderful. Clearly I'm missing something here :/

lotr9690

How is 66P from BKO going to be useful? Are we meant to dash at them whilst in BKO? And if it hits they fall on their ass, wonderful. Clearly I'm missing something here :/
It might work as a mid-range punish from BKO. I will be using it most likely against Ayane's shenanigans
In all I don't think much of Helena's changes will effect the way I use her. I'm really happy with their 33P buff. It's a small sacrifice it doesn't stun anymore since it's now at advantage.

ninjaguy446

It might work as a mid-range punish from BKO. I will be using it most likely against Ayane's shenanigans
In all I don't think much of Helena's changes will effect the way I use her. I'm really happy with their 33P buff. It's a small sacrifice it doesn't stun anymore since it's now at advantage.
Um, buff?

ninjaguy446

Yep. I don't see that as a nerf. I don't care if it doesn't stun.
But it's a nerf. 33P used to give advantage and a lift stun on NH but now it doesn't, is -8 on NH, and only stuns on CH. I'm trying to see where it is you're saying there is a buff.

AsheMann21

It's like they want us to use 66P ish.

As long as her throw frames stay the same then I'm fine but I'll be missing the days where I can fish for a BT wall throw...

lotr9690

But it's a nerf. 33P used to give advantage and a lift stun on NH but now it doesn't, is -8 on NH, and only stuns on CH. I'm trying to see where it is you're saying there is a buff.
My bad haha I meant strategically. That particular one doesn't stun but I don't think she really needs it. It was a good tool but it was turning into a crutch for many Helena users. I think having no stun on neutral will fix that by encouraging Helena users to use her myriad of tools in order to open opponents up. Additionally it will also encourage more variety of strategies... properly space with her, evade etc. in order to earn the stun on 33P. I don't think having it loosing the stun is a nerf at all. The changes to the move aren't significant enough to warrant a nerf. We all will just have to use it more carefully.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ah... Helena in Last Round. It tickles me lavender because I'm going to body this girl bad. It's truthfully about time you guys have to use something more carefully, because it's pretty blatant that she's the most busted character in the game. People could think of more nerfs and she would still be a completely legit character. I hate this match-up. And before you say adapt! ADAPT! How the fuck do you adapt to a character that humps the ground as hard as she does, and as many times?

With all her weirdness also comes oddities in moves, unnatural behavior and glitches. For that reason alone, I'm out.

ninjaguy446

Ah... Helena in Last Round. It tickles me lavender because I'm going to body this girl bad. It's truthfully about time you guys have to use something more carefully, because it's pretty blatant that she's the most busted character in the game. People could think of more nerfs and she would still be a completely legit character. I hate this match-up. And before you say adapt! ADAPT! How the fuck do you adapt to a character that humps the ground as hard as she does, and as many times?

With all her weirdness also comes oddities in moves, unnatural behavior and glitches. For that reason alone, I'm out.
um, ok???

So you just came into Helena's forum to state that you're going to body her and that she was the most busted character? I don't see why you think these nerfs are going to allow you to "body" her. Her throws do less damage, yeah, but she's a vortex character, meaning that it'd be more fruitful to use her reset throws for the reset and not the damage. 33P still crushes everything. BKO duck wasn't even nerfed, so you still have to worry about that. I don't know how you can say she's the most busted character when Genfu exists.

In my experience as a Helena main since Vanilla, not once have I come across a glitch or oddity, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD