Hitomi Combo Thread

Saber

Yeah, lag prevents it from being consistent. I do use it mostly offline though.

And by the way, if 33P (or 66KKP) is used on a back-facing opponent (for Hitomi, after you hit the opponent with SSK or its variation), you can pull off 7PK, PP4PP without the need to resort to her mid-kick launcher. Works on lights and mids, but not too sure about the heavies.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Yeah, lag prevents it from being consistent. I do use it mostly offline though.

And by the way, if 33P (or 66KKP) is used on a back-facing opponent (for Hitomi, after you hit the opponent with SSK or its variation), you can pull off 7PK, PP4PP without the need to resort to her mid-kick launcher. Works on lights and mids, but not too sure about the heavies.

I'll have to try that one in training, thx.

Randy Chhun

Here's a combo that i like to do that for CB route. 6pk, 7pk, p, CB, 33p, 4kppp. You have to delay 4kppp on light weight characters. If you don't you will drop combo. Also note if you get a counter hit on them, it will give you 13 hit and 134 damage.

Here's another one i just found recently that is good for mix up. 4pp, cancel, 1kk, 66kk, cancel, ppp. :)

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Here's a combo that i like to do that for CB route. 6pk, 7pk, p, CB, 33p, 4kppp. You have to delay 4kppp on light weight characters. If you don't you will drop combo. Also note if you get a counter hit on them, it will give you 13 hit and 134 damage.

Here's another one i just found recently that is good for mix up. 4pp, cancel, 1kk, 66kk, cancel, ppp. :)

Why would you do 4kppp after a CB-stun launcher? You can always get at least 7pk, p+kppp against mids and lights with the 33p launcher.

Randy Chhun

Why would you do 4kppp after a CB-stun launcher? You can always get at least 7pk, p+kppp against mids and lights with the 33p launcher.

I've never tried 7pk, p+kppp and i just never thought of it. Also i did 4kppp often when i get someone in the air so its a habit. I'll try 7pk, p+kppp over the weekend, don't have my ps3 at the moment.

Randy Chhun

Here's another one i forgot to mention which deals with sidestep k. (Depending on the distance of your opponent) If you hit confirm sidestep K, and are close enough, you can follow up with 4h+k, then pp4ppp. But as i mention before it depends on how close they are to you.

Oh yea another CB route, which i wouldn't really go for because it leaves you too vulnerable if blocked.
4h+k, 4k, 3k, CB. (4h+k counter hit knocks them into the air) I only like this combo because it seems flashy lol.

Saber

For Hitomi, go for CB only for mix-ups sake. She lacks guaranteed damage and her mix-ups are string-based unlike Helena's so going for an early launcher is the safest way to play Hitomi, IMO.

She has that one sitdown stun that comes out with 8K, but there's something really interesting about it. Here's the combo:

:2::P::+::K::5::8::P::P::K::5::6::6::K::K::5::P::P::P: or :P::P::2_::K::K:

You obviously can substitute the stuns in the beginning (and you can substitute 8PPK with 8PKK), but with SE on Fast, 66KK is guaranteed, and you use that as your launcher. While 66K launches but flops the opponent in the air, the second K relaunches it, but the opponent drops really fast, so the only attack you can follow up with is PPP or PP2K2K.

Also, there's this, which leads into a guaranteed CB.
:1::h::5::8::P::P::K: or :8::P::K::K::5::6::P::+::K:

It's semi-guaranteed because 1H doesn't give enough frame advantage, but everything after that is.

And to note, :2::P::+::K: when used on a back-turned opponent keeps him/her in back-turned status.

Randy Chhun

For Hitomi, go for CB only for mix-ups sake. She lacks guaranteed damage and her mix-ups are string-based unlike Helena's so going for an early launcher is the safest way to play Hitomi, IMO.

She has that one sitdown stun that comes out with 8K, but there's something really interesting about it. Here's the combo:

:2::P::+::K::5::8::P::P::K::5::6::6::K::K::5::P::P::P: or :P::P::2_::K::K:

You obviously can substitute the stuns in the beginning (and you can substitute 8PPK with 8PKK), but with SE on Fast, 66KK is guaranteed, and you use that as your launcher. While 66K launches but flops the opponent in the air, the second K relaunches it, but the opponent drops really fast, so the only attack you can follow up with is PPP or PP2K2K.

Also, there's this, which leads into a guaranteed CB.
:1::h::5::8::P::P::K: or :8::P::K::K::5::6::P::+::K:

It's semi-guaranteed because 1H doesn't give enough frame advantage, but everything after that is.

And to note, :2::P::+::K: when used on a back-turned opponent keeps him/her in back-turned status.

I have to tries those. I always wondered if hitomi had a back facing opponent cb route. Thanks Saber

Chaos

I have to tries those. I always wondered if hitomi had a back facing opponent cb route. Thanks Saber
If you're going against a skilled Leifang player be very cautious because she has the ability to parry your attacks when her back is facing towards you.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Just a quick heads-up for everybody, forget about juggling with :4::K::P::P::P::P: - it has been stealth-nerfed in 1.03 or 1.03A, :P::P::4::P::P::P: does as much or more damage (more with little charge of the final punch). I've tested this extensively in the training mode.

Well, except for the wall-bounce jugge of course you should use :4::K::P::P::P::P:.

Saber

Yup, 6KPPPP does more damage, but PP4PPP can do more damage if you charge the last hit even for just a split second since the difference is with 3-5 points of damage.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Yup, 6KPPPP does more damage, but PP4PPP can do more damage if you charge the last hit even for just a split second since the difference is with 3-5 points of damage.

You mean 4KPPPP? Anyway, I'm pretty sure it does EQUAL damage now with absolutely no charge to PP4PPP. Go check it out in training mode if you don't believe me :) (I hope I'm not mistaken here myself lol)

Saber

Yeah, that. Whoops.

Just hopped into training mode, and looks like PP4PPP does one point more damage than 4KPPPP. Example:
33P ~ PP4PPP (no charge) = 58 points
33P ~ 4KPPPP = 57 points

Also, another post-CB juggle for lightweights featherweights (doesn't work on Kasumi or Alpha, so it's just the featherweights):
:2::P::+::K::5::3::K::P::4::P::5::6::P::+::K::5::3::3::P::5::8::P::K::P::5::P::P::P: or :P::P::2_::K::K: (pseudo force tech)

It does the same damage as 7PK ~ P+KPP, but you would want to switch it up from time to time for variety's sake.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Yeah, that. Whoops.

Just hopped into training mode, and looks like PP4PPP does one point more damage than 4KPPPP. Example:
33P ~ PP4PPP (no charge) = 58 points
33P ~ 4KPPPP = 57 points

Also, another post-CB juggle for lightweights featherweights (doesn't work on Kasumi or Alpha, so it's just the featherweights):
:2::P::+::K::5::3::K::P::4::P::5::6::P::+::K::5::3::3::P::5::8::P::K::P::5::P::P::P: or :P::P::2_::K::K: (pseudo force tech)

It does the same damage as 7PK ~ P+KPP, but you would want to switch it up from time to time for variety's sake.

Gotta try out that pseudo-force variant, maybe it's a good mixup when you really need to keep the pressure on.

Randy Chhun

Just a quick heads-up for everybody, forget about juggling with :4::K::P::P::P::P: - it has been stealth-nerfed in 1.03 or 1.03A, :P::P::4::P::P::P: does as much or more damage (more with little charge of the final punch). I've tested this extensively in the training mode.

Well, except for the wall-bounce jugge of course you should use :4::K::P::P::P::P:.

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering why damage seem less than usual.

Raansu

You will never get 2p+k on anyone who even slow escapes a small amount. It's the reason why I never used those setups because I found them then tried using them against angryworm and he just blocked 2p+k every time. It's also the reason why I never bothered posting them.

I guess if you wanna look flashy against someone who doesn't know how to SE then the setup is great because ya, "if" you get 2p+k off then everything after that is 100% guaranteed, but the risk imo is never worth it. You are better off doing 66kkp which is guaranteed off the same stance placements. That setup you found was actually the last straw for me and made me drop Hitomi for good as 2p+k should be guaranteed given the fact that the setup requires a high kick that RARELY connects and you can never use it in stun while say Kasumi has a similar setup and can use the kick in fairly deep stun and gets a full juggle off of it. Or Bass has a OH BT that gives him a guaranteed full setup...Hitomi (among a lot of other characters with BT setups) get fucked over...

/rant about how I feel DoA5 is terribly balanced.

qoodname

I dont know why but i kinda expected it to turn out this way. I actually never used Hitomi but played a bit with her today and came across that setup. I used it a few times online and it worked like a charm. I didnt bother with it afterwards cause like i said i actually dont play Hitomi but still thought i could post it. I guess i got kinda lucky.

Raansu

I'm pretty damn positive this didn't work prior to 1.03 cuz I remember trying it, but with the recent conversation about Hitomi's BT kicks (which the post I responded to seems to have been deleted >_>) I decided to go messing around with the kick again. Unlike the 2p+k setup, 6f+k actually can't be SE'd and blocked. I imagine it's due to the range of 6f+k since it doesn't have the hitbox's traveling forward like 2p+k does. However, just like the 2p+k setup, the damn thing is stance situational, which fucking pisses me off as I hate open/close stance situations as it just makes things inconsistent.

I'll be trying it out in actual fights, but 99% of the time "if" I get the damn kick to connect, it's always in the wrong stance as Hitomi's feet shuffle back and forth constantly in a fight so its never consistent. I may just end up sticking with 3f+k force techs, but we'll see.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD