Honoka Combo and Strategy Thread

Sodaykin

I just tried that and the 4PP after 6H+K does only work on counter hit but its something we can keep in mind since we bascially fish for counter hits in our gameplan anyway

TRI Mike

Yeah DS 4PP leaves her in Dragon Stance since DOA5. The thing is that I believe the first punch launches if it connects against a stunned opponent so it's not useful to follow it up with a DGunner. What I do is to immediately press K after she enters Dragon Stance again and then finish the juggle with 2P+K4(6P)

Sodaykin

tried your choice Mike and its 89 damage but Honoka goes into Hissatsu stance after DGunner and if you hit 6h+k (counter hit) 4pp, DGunner ,Hissatsu K launcher, into airthrow is 118damage . versus lightweights you can always go for the 6h+k, k , T for 130 damage

Edit: DGunner isnt what i thought it is i thought P+K in Dstance is the Dragongunner

Last edited:

TRI Mike

What? I don't understand. She does not go to HnK after her Dragon Gunner. She's left a neutral stance and +25.

Sodaykin

than i maybe missinput something haha

The Input is use is 6H+K, 4PP, P+K and that ends in Hissatsu (red hand) but it seems the dragon gunner is the throw...i thought its the many hits to the head :D

Last edited:

Chaos

Just discovered that Honoka's 9K causes a bound move (on middle weights you have to put your opponent in a fatal sitdown stun) and it's possible to do P+KPP after a bound. One more thing, after the bound (8KKK) go for 236H+K then back turn P+K. I've been struggling with her but I'm not giving up.

By the way, this character is nuts LOL.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Just discovered that Honoka's 9K causes a bound move (on middle weights you have to put your opponent in a fatal sitdown stun) and it's possible to do P+KPP after a bound. One more thing, after the bound (8KKK) go for 236H+K then back turn P+K. I've been struggling with her but I'm not giving up.

Are you cheating on Hitomi with the :salad:? O_O

(Yeah, she is haha).

TRI Mike

WTF this sounds great. Now I have something to test at home tonight

Edit: I tested it and it works wonderfully except when you bound lights if you launch with 33K instead of 8K. I made a video showing this.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Found a new use for Honoka's PK!

I figured out that the PK string has bound potential. How does this work? The opponent bounds if the kick in PK is the move that overrides the stun threshold, which sets up for a break blow or 66~236P.

For example, turn counter hit on in training and do the following setup: 6P - PP6P - PK. You will see that the kick in PK gives a bound, but only if it overrides the threshold. That's why it's necessary to stun them a couple of times before doing PK.

A full combo would look something like:

(Counter Hit) 6P - PP6P - PK - 66~236P

Or if you have meter available:

(Counter Hit) 6P - PP6P - PK - 6S

KwonJigglypuff

Random question : who do her PP belong to ?

What is added to it belong to Jann Lee (ppp6p), Bayman (ppk).. but the first two punches are from Mila, right ?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD