Honoka in DOA6 - New Moves!

Nikotsumi

So I was watching quickly the recent gameplay videos and noticed Honoka's Dokuritsu-Ho K (launcher) on hit is now a transition into her Hissatsu no Kamae stance. Problem with it is that, even though HnK K refloats (or at least it did in 5LR), it doesn't connect cause it doesn't launch high enough so she can't really follow up with anything. Unless the transition is not forced, this way you could probably just go into the stance if you use DHO K as a wallsplat move for probably more damage. Or what if they made all of her HnK transitions optional? This could be intersting.
Nice to see more stance transition between moves anyway, hope there's more when haven't seen yet. Gimme new salad now!

TRI Mike

So I wanted to share some thoughts on things I think Honoka desperately needs in order to be a great character in DOA6. The last four years have been no short of a fascinating ride with her but there's no denying that many of her moves are either completely useless or just feel "incomplete". The OP of this thread already confirms several of my issues with her are getting fixed, like not being able to throw during ducking, dokuritsu or dragon stance. I would also like her to be able to throw during heichu and bokuho but it looks like it won't happen. But hey, I do welcome the throws in those three stances. Also, the new Burning Soul stance looks amazing.

Now, I have two big remaining complaints about her in DOA5LR. The first one is that several of her moves are just completely useless. Like :P::P::4::P:, :4::P::+::K: or :P::P::K:. Only to name a few. This is something that has always bothered me because I do not see the other characters I use (Gen Fu, Tina, Helena, Busa, etc) having so many useless shit that might be good by just tweaking the frame data or range. This needs to be addressed.

Then, my biggest complaint about Noka is that so many of her stance transitions happen ON HIT ONLY. This has always seemed stupid to me because sometimes, I don't wanna go into dragon stance after three jabs, sometimes I wanna be able to :8::P: without going into Heichu, etc, etc. It's quite annoying and it could easily be fixed by having us input :4: or something after those move to choose whether to go into the stance or not. This, to me, actually limits her options rather that giving her more.

So, what do you guys think¿ should anything else with her be changed¿ what else would you add¿

Nikotsumi

Yep, forced stance transition could happen to be the opposite of what it was intended to do, instead of more mixups you could get less.
Like Hissatsu no Kamae is forced and she only has 2 options there (mid P or K), in 5LR P was a CB, but now that those are gone, she has a new mid P launcher in the stance thankfully, otherwise the (forced) stance would have been pretty meh.
To avoid this kind of restriction I used to not perform the stance move and wait to go to neutral again, like for example :8::P: > (wait for Heichu animation to end) > any move or even throw. If they tried to hold an eventual Heichu follow up you could actually connect another move, if they didn't you got frame advantage (however this depended on which move/stance you used).
Hopefully at least the HnK stance transitions are optional, but I have my doubts really.

As for the throws they're very welcome indeed, shame still no Bokuho/Heichu throws though, can still cancel into neutral throws I guess. Bokuho is such limited, only has access to mid P and high, no throws, no mid K, now lows.

:4::P+K: Is such a good move, it's Leifang's shoulder, crushes everything if well timed. The other 2 moves though I agree, :P::P::K: was a launcher into Dokuritsu-Ho but could barely follow up with anything cause recovery is too much, and unsafe af on block. :P::P::4::P: was a way to get back-turned during the stun game, but it filled the stun threshold way too much so you had to launch right away, unless the :4::P: was the hit to start the stun going, but then again you don't want to use it on block cause it's unsafe as hell, and I'm afraid this is gonna be even more useless in 6 cause you play the stun game even less there.

This is one of my main concern about Honoka really, she was really good cause of stance transitions (which only happened on hit), so this meant playing the stun game a lot in 5LR and this was her strongest point, now the game itself is more oriented in stun-launch game so I don't know... will need to test for sure.

TRI Mike

HnK has access to Raidou’s throw both standing and crouching. It’s fucking great.

I agree tha bokuho is super lame with her. I only use it on juggles. She needs Helena’s throw or at least a mid-kick and low option from it.

I don’t like 4P+K though. It’s a crush, yeah but I have many problems juggling from it. Nothing besides a juggle beginning with BT H+K seems to be good, BT 4PP is really bad with her and if her opponent happens to be a heavy, the crush will be 100% useless. That’s why I usually just crush with 46P and get them away from me.

Edit to avoid doble posting: This video confirm she has Lee’s dragon Gunner off DS. She’s gonna be great!

Last edited:

SailorHonoka

8k in bokuho stance k in dokuritsu-ho stance k is her new bound move
she can cancel 214p+k into hissatsu-nokamea
after you hit one S you can stay back turned

Nikotsumi

As I thought you can go into Hissatsu no Kamae from Dokuritsu-Ho K.
Transition is optional by pressing :4: even on block/whiff. Only go for it if you wallsplat with that move to do a more damaging wall combo with HnK K refloat.
Also her air throw does a lot of damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD