Community How the FGC community SHOULD treat people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill Hustle

Regarding Mila in particular.

Her damage output is one her strengths but not using juggles your in theory "nerfing" her.

CommanderWiggles

I saw the posts that Argentus made after seeing the picture, and to be honest, I found nothing offensive to what he said. He was just stating something and adding support to his claim, I don't see any offense to it.
Regarding the picture, I don't care who butts heads, granted, I've butted heads with a lot of people here myself, but creating a picture that is blatant libel, especially the picture this person made on Argentus, is extremely shallow. I don't care who you are; if you're going that far, it's just low.
I could care less how people play the game, because I never see a "right" way to playing DOA- as long as they're comfortable with how they play their game or as long as they're looking to improve themselves as they wish. Then again, I'm just your scumbag casual. If people win, they win. If they lose and don't wish to improve, leave it be. They'll drown themselves out. If they lose and wish to improve, be kind and courteous.

Desjah Rei

I saw the posts that Argentus made after seeing the picture, and to be honest, I found nothing offensive to what he said. He was just stating something and adding support to his claim, I don't see any offense to it.
Regarding the picture, I don't care who butts heads, granted, I've butted heads with a lot of people here myself, but creating a picture that is blatant libel, especially the picture this person made on Argentus, is extremely shallow. I don't care who you are; if you're going that far, it's just low.
I could care less how people play the game, because I never see a "right" way to playing DOA- as long as they're comfortable with how they play their game or as long as they're looking to improve themselves as they wish. Then again, I'm just your scumbag casual. If people win, they win. If they lose and don't wish to improve, leave it be. They'll drown themselves out. If they lose and wish to improve, be kind and courteous.
Blah blah blah, That's sweet and all, but you don't know the guy's background. That's what's changing this whole scenario entirely. This has been with way more than DOA. He's already been previously banned and keeps making new accounts. That is not limited to solely this site. It's damn near the same exact plight he has done himself in on multiple sites infuriating other people. he's nothing more than a troublemaker. Yet for some reason...people like you want to defend these guys to the bitter end once they get called out on their mess. Unable to fathom.

Last edited:

THE_WORST_KOKORO

Standard Donor
Look... @Argentus Juggles have been in fighting games for a while... If you dont like juggles thats fine. But dont whine about it like it was a game breaking issue.
The only time a juggle was a game breaking issue was when Lil Fang Fang (Lei Fang) was able to just P.L you to death.

If you cant stand juggles... Deal with it. They're there to stay. We have to get juggled to death as much as any other person, but do we complain about it? No. Cause its punishment for a mistake. Mistakes are forgiveable as long as one has the courage to admit them.

Now, about those memes... Just dont mind that. Its Immaturity at its finest, Keep your shoes on and your kid gloves away.

(Did I just use a Bruce Lee Quote? :confused:)

and to be fair... I dont like Stuns. Stuns are REALLY annoying, But I found a way to deal with it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Blah blah blah, That's sweet and all, but you don't know the guy's background. That's what's changing this whole scenario entirely. This has been with way more than DOA. He's already been previously banned and keeps making new accounts. That is not limited to solely this site. It's damn near the same exact plight he has done on multiple sites infuriating other people. he's nothing more than a troublemaker. Yet for some reason...people like you want to defend these guys to the bitter end once they get called out on their mess. Unable to fathom.
"People like you"?

What kind of person is she? Matter of fact, what kind of person am I for being the neutral guy trying to relate to him, yet still follow y'all's path in having a competitive mindset?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
At the end of the day, let people play DOA the way they want to be played. You can offer advice and if they do not want to take it, that's on them. There are a lot of things I find annoying about DOA, but I still continue to play the game. Just like with any other fighting game I enjoy, there may be mechanics I do not like, but I have to learn how to adapt because I want to get better and be on equal footing with other players. That being said, no matter what happened or what was said, we should not attack others in the community. If people within a community have a problem, then they need to hash it out amongst themselves in private messages. Our focus is DOA and improving the community. All the other BS shouldn't matter, because everyone plays fighting games and characters differently. Like I said, offer your advice and move on. If they take it, great. If not, then whatever. You said your peace, so move on.

CommanderWiggles

Blah blah blah, That's sweet and all, but you don't know the guy's background. That's what's changing this whole scenario entirely. This has been with way more than DOA. He's already been previously banned and keeps making new accounts. That is not limited to solely this site. It's damn near the same exact plight he has done on multiple sites infuriating other people. he's nothing more than a troublemaker. Yet for some reason...people like you want to defend these guys to the bitter end once they get called out on their mess. Unable to fathom.
Like I stated, I don't care who it is. Making a derogatory picture of someone does not make them any better of a person. We all have our grudges; the best thing to do is to let others take accountability for their own actions.

Desjah Rei

Like I stated, I don't care who it is. Making a derogatory picture of someone does not make them any better of a person. We all have our grudges; the best thing to do is to let others take accountability for their own actions.
Hmmm, fair enough. I can accept that perspective.

Argentus

See this has always been the issue. any mention of my dislike of juggles and people just LATCH onto that, when its not even the topic at hand, ignoring everything else that is said. That has ALWAYS been the source of the drama. Usually followed by people trying to make the "you wouldn't say that if you could beat it" argument, which is nonsense in its purest form, and I lose my temper to frustration, and things escalate.

Bottom line, I made this particular thread to show the good of a member of the community had outweighed the bad of multiple. That's ALL. this is NOT a thread about juggles, I only mentioned that to give context to the situation for those who DON'T know who I am.

Tenryuga

52881833.jpg

I don't want to hear any non-competitive player insult the competitive spirit and I don't want to see competitive players using "casual" as a form of insult. Regardless of our reasons for playing the game we are all playing a FIGHTING game. A game in which the goal is to deplete your opponents life-bar to secure victory. As such we will use everything that is available to us to achieve that result because we are not SCRUBS.

SCRUBS are the players who will say things to demean and insult another players style when they take losses. SCRUBS are the players who come up with excuses for everything that inconveniences them. Choosing not to juggle is not scrubby. Some characters in this game like Hitomi can win rounds through pure mix-up and whiff punishment. What's scrubby is choosing not to use juggles for nonsensical reasons or some warped code of "honor" and "skill" then questioning a players ability when you lose to someone who is maximizing damage.

Players have an issue with Argentus not because he is a casual but because he is SCRUB-MINDED and not only refuses to accept basic advice that will only aid his gameplay but also criticizes others and plays the victim when said players call him out for being SCRUB-MINDED. Yes you are free to play the game however you want. Just don't try to advertise your style of play as good, better or even more ideal than others when it's clearly been shown and proven that it is not; Especially when you've been losing alot and making no form of progession as a player using said style of play.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Tenryuga's post is the best example here, as there are a ton of scrub-minded players here. Complaints about the above, spacing, punishment, fundamentals, character usage, etc, are all things I've seen players whine about throughout the year.

People just want to play ”their game of DOA” and not a play and understand what it means to play a fighting game. If you don't know what this means then I'll gladly explain what it means.

CommanderWiggles

Tenryuga's post is the best example here, as there are a ton of scrub-minded players here. Complaints about the above, spacing, punishment, fundamentals, character usage, etc, are all things I've seen players whine about throughout the year.

People just want to play ”their game of DOA” and not a play and understand what it means to play a fighting game. If you don't know what this means then I'll gladly explain what it means.
If they don't want to understand, let them be. No one can really dictate how someone wants to play any kind of game, unless, say you're Hideo Kojima.

People want to force how to play a fighting game.
As Hajin stated, people want to play "their game of DOA." If they don't want to learn, or want to improve on their own, just let them do it themselves.

Play responsibly. xD

Last edited:

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
If they don't want to understand, let them be. No one can really dictate how someone wants to play any kind of game, unless, say you're Hideo Kojima.

People want to force how to play a fighting game.
As Hajin stated, people want to play "their game of DOA." If they don't want to learn, or want to improve on their own, just let them do it themselves.

Play responsibly. xD

He's saying if he want to know how, he would tell him. The problem isn't him playing how he wants to play, it's how he tries to justify on others that his way is the right way. God forbid we play a fighting game how it's desigened to be played. I've been playing fighting games since SF2 and fatal fury. Same concept.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Mopped up a couple of posts that were probably not necessary. Not warning worthy, but clearly just going to lead to friction.

Keep it classy, gents.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
All I know was when I tried helping out when it came to Argentus, I felt like he didn't have to go out on a limb to call me & others an egomaniac or a "wanna be elitist" indirectly because that is not what I am. I wasn't just directing all posts at him. It was for everyone so that they would be informed. I could have easily responded back with a post ragging him, but I didn't. I tried to help him. The reason why that I even posted on juggles which originated in the MK thread that I made for us MK fans was to make sure that people weren't misinformed about fighting games, particularly juggles since him & 2 other people posted their dislike about juggling & combos. Gurimmjaw did as well. Ask him if you want.

I'm honestly tired of being quiet for this type of scenario. Start up discussion but when you get proven wrong or just corrected with facts, you're getting bullied (playing victim). He's not the only one that has done this, but like I said that's ok. I just know how to tolerate because of how the internet can be. This is when the whole entire fiasco originated tbh. Not only did I try to reason with him, but I tried to tell him what would happen to him by just flat out trying to disregard facts with his opinions. I am not here to make enemies. I am here to play the game competitively at all costs & make as many friends as I can.

It's not the fact that I don't respect his opinion, nor was it anyone else's. As a matter of fact, I can name 4 people that was insulted in other threads. I hardly go past character forums & when I do or did, I found quite a few. I just didn't care to participate in those threads. So yes, he's had his share of it plenty of times. There are no victims here. I just wanted to point that out. It's the fact that you're giving out the wrong perspective to other players about juggles/combos. Even force techs & okizeme in some threads (ground game). Yes, his post can be found insulting, now that I think about it, going back to the thread, when I tagged him in with my 2 posts that I made to him & Nameless-Sama, none of them were insulting towards him, but he responded with a long post, upset with him stating "Oh you're saying that I can't play without juggles?!". The next one after that I ended up telling him why players were going to read & then question him, but he responded with "That means I've backed them into a corner". He's not getting the responses that he's getting because of his opinion. Hell, I even asked Brute to lock the thread for his sake because tons of people came in wanting explanations or wanting to make silly ass jokes towards him.

Not only that, he indirectly criticizes players. Not just in DOA, but other's as well. By telling people that his way is a better way & he's going to break that mentality. Play the way that you guys want to, but don't insult or disrespect other players in the community by telling them how YOU like to play the game. Players are going to use everything given to them in the game. That's what makes it up. That's the main reason why he gets the type of responses that he gets from people.

However, he also may not mean to offend anyone, but it's the way that he posts & how it comes off to people. It's like he doesn't think before he posts. Just posts without any thought of how it may be received by peers around him. As for respect & how people should treat others, there's plenty of that here, but NO VICTIMS in this thread. Just a perception of people's thoughts. Going to his personal Facebook page is uncalled for. No one should do that, wouldn't want it to happen to mine but telling people in the threads to "Get their heads out of their asses" is too when someone informs people that changes to the cast shouldn't be asked for based on online play. Food for thought before people in this thread go to condemning other people. Just have to keep up the process of improving & move forward, weeding out the negativity.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
This a very stupid thread, to be honest. Fighting games are not about playing with an imaginary set of rules because a player(s) doesn't want to learn how to get better. Fighting games are about using and utilizing what's in the game to out play your opponent player.

Adaption is always a key factor in fighting games and that'll display who is the better player at that given time, under true circumstances that do not interfere with gameplay (lag, black screen, controller/monitor/tv malfunctioning, etc).

Gill Hustle

Yeah I'm confused now :confused:

Is the point of this thread to validate a style of play that has been deemed factual inadequate or a case of " we can agree to disagree " but know that X players opinion while totally 100% the opposite of Y's should be taken seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD