I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

RoboJoe

Phase-4 has a CB from dash stance and can enter it from a non-SEable stun. If she has a decent throw or launcher from the stance, it will be a nice little mix-up.

David Gregg

Confirmed theme is Destroyed Lab bgm as was pointed out by @Seppu (good ear!) (@13:55)

You can barely hear it in this gameplay vid but it's definitely there:

Number 13

Meh at destroyed lab stage being her theme. Could have at least remixed it so I know it's unique music for P4, but now it will just remind me of that stage not the character whenever it plays. Probably gonna change it to the remixed helena DoA 3 theme if that is the case.

David Gregg

It might actually be a remix version (I thought I heard some sounds and music that isn't in the original) but again the sound quality isn't good so it's impossible to tell.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I was talking to @HoodsXx in locals and he pointed out that her 6P is actually 17 damage. 17 is not 18. So it'll lose in situations when you'd expect a trade. Like if Kokoro does like 2P 6P, Kokoro would win free even though they both have 12f mids 'cause she does less damage.

Tenryuga

I was talking to @HoodsXx in locals and he pointed out that her 6P is actually 17 damage. 17 is not 18. So it'll lose in situations when you'd expect a trade. Like if Kokoro does like 2P 6P, Kokoro would win free even though they both have 12f mids 'cause she does less damage.

I was actually coming here to point this out. This makes her momiji speed except for her jab. Since her jab is 9 frames her 2P may or may not be -1 on hit. Let's hope it's neutral so we can at least frame trap with jab.

As far as her offense goes it's looking like it's gonna be generic delay or throw mixed in with the one good low she got from Kasumi. Almost every hoshinpo followup I have seen is there for juggle extension or ending. Perhaps there is something else in that stance that will aid her pressure game. Thus far she seems like she is intended to be a mix up monster in the stun game with the 50 million hoshinpo transitions and attacks with solid damage output coming from her launch heights and the unscaled damage from her air grab.

Nightpup

Really? I see her being a one-hit launch character like Ein. It seems from any launch she can at least get 6PKP+KH+P(the teleport air grab), which is very respectable damage. By the way I don't think Destroyed Lab is her BGM. If you look closely on the right side there's another DOA5UA machine playing on what looks like to me as the Lab stage, and in DOA5 the Destroyed Lab theme was Lab's default theme.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Really? I see her being a one-hit launch character like Ein. It seems from any launch she can at least get 6PKP+KH+P(the teleport air grab), which is very respectable damage. By the way I don't think Destroyed Lab is her BGM. If you look closely on the right side there's another DOA5UA machine playing on what looks like to me as the Lab stage, and in DOA5 the Destroyed Lab theme was Lab's default theme.

Her stun to launch will definitely be no joke due to the fact that her air grab exists. The damage it does will be great for stun to launch. She has multiple moves that transition into Hoshinpo which is why I said she would have good mixup potential in terms of her launching options or extending the stun. I certainly wouldn't play the stun game with her too much since her damage output seems to be great and her juggle potential is high at critical level one which is great for me. Seems like I will be right at home playing this character so far.

Cake

So what do you think will be the major differences between her and original Kasumi

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Phase-4 looks like she'll be fun character to use. Cloaks for the win! I could see Alpha players not totally switching to her, because of her advanced inputs, but she had better tools than Alpha.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
If you guys want to play Phase 4 now plug in your Dreamcast/PS2 and go play DOA2 (she's basically 2's Kasumi with teleports).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD