"I Got No Time For You!" The General Jacky Discussion Thread

WINBACK

What else i noticed about walls... Jacky's 46T won't wall splat properly even if your opponent is behind a wall. I was on the stage where Brad Wong and Eliot fought in the house, on the outside of the area, and i did 46T to the opponent. He was LITERALLY behind the wall and it didn't wall splat.
Glad you brought this up. I've had this happen to me a lot before the patch. I'm not 100% sure why the wall version doesn't always occur even though Wall 46T works on pretty much every structure/railing, but these are my two guesses:
1.) I've had it happen to me the most when I do 46T on the opponent immediately after hitting them. For example, when the opponent's back is to the wall, hit them with P,K or [6]P,K (puts you at +10) and then immediately input the 46T throw. Sometimes I get the wall version, sometimes I don't, even though I looked perfectly aligned. It might even occur more when I'm in Open Stance, but I'm not 100% on this.
2.) This occurrence might only happen on certain stages. It happens to me the most on "Coming Soon", which is full of different-sized walls and railings. I've also had it happen to me on a few sections around the outside of Home, just like you.

However, they totally forgot to adjust the identical :P::P::6::P::K:, :P::P::6::P::P: String;)
Good find.

RVH

Apparently you can land 3 flash sword kicks after a critical burst. I can only get 2 max. Does anyone know a consistent way to land a third?

Nereus

Standard Donor
Apparently you can land 3 flash sword kicks after a critical burst. I can only get 2 max. Does anyone know a consistent way to land a third?

You shouldn't do FSK RIGHT after a CB, but that is a good find. Glad your finding tech with him :)

hitman47

You shouldn't do FSK RIGHT after a CB, but that is a good find. Glad your finding tech with him :)
I think he meant after 4 H+K , in that video you have the perfect example of what happens if you time the 4 H+K too early at 27 seconds, the character doesn't go as high and you can't do three flash kick(it will whiff), so instead of flash kick i use a jab, and it still does more damage than regular combo after CB. But when your timing is good(at 2.03), you can do three and after practicing, it's easy to tell the difference if you timed 4 H+K correctly depending on how high the character is after 4 H+K.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I think he meant after 4 H+K , in that video you have the perfect example of what happens if you time the 4 H+K too early at 27 seconds, the character doesn't go as high and you can't do three flash kick(it will whiff), so instead of flash kick i use a jab, and it still does more damage than regular combo after CB. But when your timing is good(at 2.03), you can do three and after practicing, it's easy to tell the difference if you timed 4 H+K correctly depending on how high the character is after 4 H+K.

oh ok. Yea i was confused on what he was asking.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
My ps3 is busted right now and I can't test it, so can someone check something for me?

After holding a Christie mid punch, can he use :4::6::h::+::K: to stop her from going into JAK (:2:/::8::P::+::K:) and using her moves from Jak? I've been told that she can actually crush that move. Also can she use :214::P: is that situations to evade the move in that situation and can she be shut down with :6::6::K:?

Really appreciate it if someone can test this out since mid punch holding is a big part of this match up.

Lulu

My Jacky execution sucks so I'm not the man for the job..... I am sorry to hear about your PS3.

KING JAIMY

My ps3 is busted right now and I can't test it, so can someone check something for me?

After holding a Christie mid punch, can he use :4::6::h::+::K: to stop her from going into JAK (:2:/::8::P::+::K:) and using her moves from Jak? I've been told that she can actually crush that move. Also can she use :214::P: is that situations to evade the move in that situation and can she be shut down with :6::6::K:?

Really appreciate it if someone can test this out since mid punch holding is a big part of this match up.
I can test it out tonight. Jacky's 46H+K is i17 and the mid punch hold gives +10, so I have a feeling it'll hit Christie if she does JAK immediately after. I will test out the 66K counter to 214P too.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I can test it out tonight. Jacky's 46H+K is i17 and the mid punch hold gives +10, so I have a feeling it'll hit Christie if she does JAK immediately after. I will test out the 66K counter to 214P too.
Thanks. Someone told me that JAK actually crushes it, but I think he was overestimating it a bit.

Nuke-Nin

I want to see jacky players starting the stun and using :2::P+K::4::H+K: as a Critical burst, it catches me everytime I fight him and I cannot stagger escape

KING JAIMY

Haven't had a chance yet to test out Jacky's mid punch hold stuff against Christie, but I will test it out soon enough.

I want to see jacky players starting the stun and using :2::P+K::4::H+K: as a Critical burst, it catches me everytime I fight him and I cannot stagger escape
It is stagger escapable, but it is indeed very difficult to get around it (I think you have to SE at max to get out of it). On reaction it is a pain to escape, but on prediction it's way easier to slow escape it. I've seen quite a bunch of Jacky players who do that though, and I have to admit that it catches me most of the time too whenever I don't see it coming.

Lulu

Speaking of Critical Bursts... I'm having an extremely difficult time with :6::6::H+K:. I'm not having any success with this move and I need it for....... well its a critical burst, I'm sure I don't have to explain why its important....

The problem is I can't do it Raw.... I have double the success rate with a Raw Flash Sword Kick than I do with this CB...... anyway it seems like I can Buffer it in the recovery of some moves but this isn't practical for me.

I'm Currently stuck by the Critical Burst Juggle Combo Challange.

Edit: lol I decided to boot up VF5 just for kicks (pun intended) and Jacky's and I could do the step in Mid Kick everysingle time from both sides...... Bad Team Ninja, Bad !!!!

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Hey, @KING JAIMY any news on that post mid hold situations yet?
- 46H+K stuffs Christie's Jakeiho. It doesn't crush 46H+K, as opposed to what that person told you.
- 66K stuffs 214P.

Both of these options will thus not work for Christie.

46H+K is a 17 frame tracking mid kick. He gets +10 for the mid punch hold so it technically becomes a 7 frame tracking mid kick.
66K is a 15 frame mid kick with ridiculous range. With the mid punch hold the kick is 5 frames.

It makes sense that Christie can't get out of it given the +10 advantage Jacky gets from his mid punch hold.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD