"I'm no pushover sweetie." - The DOA5 Sarah General Discussion Thread

DForev

You can't juggle after 7K no more

You CAN juggle after 9K like I said but only on counter hit ..(not normal hit).. Its still very effective.
you can also moonsault after it

And you can still forward slide from strings ..In fact, one of the easiest ways to get to threshold is 6KP6PP

I hope this makes things clear :)

Yup! Thanks. Got a bit confused with the different outcomes on normal and counter hit, but I get it now. Sounds good too. I'm assuming she can backward slide too? And that it can deflect...highs?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Her 8K??? Wow uhhh that will be like pulling teeth to get off. Or maybe not.. I just need the game so I can try her out.. Grr.. But thanks COW you did a better overview than I did. Haha you're the best once again. And I feel like your Sarah will be way better than mine... *sigh* Gotta practice!

Well to be fair.. I was playing the game like a hermit at i46 for 3 days non-stop ( the i is for insomnia.. so .. you do the math .. lol ).. So I kinda had plenty of time to rinse out what I can.

I did a few exhibition matches with her as well ...
but I think I've gotten a better grasp of her since so I might upload a few newer matches if I get the chance.

Plus shes my main in VF and I already did a few write ups and tutorial vids on her there so .. Sarah holds a special place in my heart ;)

The game is only a few weeks away now. and I'd be more than glad to show you some of the crazy things I've found in the online training mode ..(I am so looking forward to that TBH)

You just keep repping the funky hair and you'll be unstoppable ! I really enjoyed your matches in general.:)

My advice is, if you can master her stances more in VF (particularly forward and backward slide .. and maybe a little step when the time is right) .. transitioning into DOA would be alot easier because the stun system in DOA5 gives you massive frame advantage catering the offense in your favor without having to worry about the opponents offensive 50/50 .. the only worry you would have is the Holds... and that you can mix up like crazy with experience ..you shouldn't rely too much on her Mid kicks... granted, some of her best moves are mid K but they are not the only ones.

especially flamingo transitions... you need to learn her High transitions as well .. like 3PK, 1H+KK (although it puts you at disadvantage in VF) ,44KKH, 8K, and G+KK ... all these get into flamingo with a High..

another insane move you guys need to be aware of is her 8G+K ... its an amazing jump attack and low crush. and it launches and guarantees 1G+KK 6KK . this is particularly useful for punishing low kick wakeup attacks .. (same as in VF)

Yup! Thanks. Got a bit confused with the different outcomes on normal and counter hit, but I get it now. Sounds good too. I'm assuming she can backward slide too? And that it can deflect...highs?

backward slide stops High and mid punches only :)

Steady G

Well to be fair.. I was playing the game like a hermit at i46 for 3 days non-stop ( the i is for insomnia.. so .. you do the math .. lol ).. So I kinda had plenty of time to rinse out what I can.

I did a few exhibition matches with her as well ...
but I think I've gotten a better grasp of her since so I might upload a few newer matches if I get the chance.

Plus shes my main in VF and I already did a few write ups and tutorial vids on her there so .. Sarah holds a special place in my heart ;)

The game is only a few weeks away now. and I'd be more than glad to show you some of the crazy things I've found in the online training mode ..(I am so looking forward to that TBH)

You just keep repping the funky hair and you'll be unstoppable ! I really enjoyed your matches in general.:)

My advice is, if you can master her stances more in VF (particularly forward and backward slide .. and maybe a little step when the time is right) .. transitioning into DOA would be alot easier because the stun system in DOA5 gives you massive frame advantage catering the offense in your favor without having to worry about the opponents offensive 50/50 .. the only worry you would have is the Holds... and that you can mix up like crazy with experience ..you shouldn't rely too much on her Mid kicks... granted, some of her best moves are mid K but they are not the only ones.

especially flamingo transitions... you need to learn her High transitions as well .. like 3PK, 1H+KK (although it puts you at disadvantage in VF) ,44KKH, 8K, and G+KK ... all these get into flamingo with a High..

another insane move you guys need to be aware of is her 8G+K ... its an amazing jump attack and low crush. and it launches and guarantees 1G+KK 6KK . this is particularly useful for punishing low kick wakeup attacks .. (same as in VF)

backward slide stops High and mid punches only :)

No Im cutting my hair. The people I beat at IPL might think I was physically taunting on them because of the camera man constantly telling me to fix my hair.. Hahaha but thanks yeah AND please tell me that you are getting it on Xbox???? I would love try the online training with you! Haha! Ahhhhh! I need to play Final Showdown! Your information is going to make e the BEST Sarah! Hahaha =]

EDIT: Oh and 3 days straight!!??? Damn I wish I had that much time with Sarah... =[ Oh and not to sound cocky, I guess I dont abuse none of her others moves on the simple fact that I RARELY lose with her in Final Showdown. So I just stick with the moves I have been doing.. :confused:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
No Im cutting my hair. The people I beat at IPL might think I was physically taunting on them because of the camera man constantly telling me to fix my hair.. Hahaha but thanks yeah AND please tell me that you are getting it on Xbox???? I would love try the online training with you! Haha! Ahhhhh! I need to play Final Showdown! Your information is going to make e the BEST Sarah! Hahaha =]

EDIT: Oh and 3 days straight!!??? Damn I wish I had that much time with Sarah... =[ Oh and not to sound cocky, I guess I dont abuse none of her others moves on the simple fact that I RARELY lose with her in Final Showdown. So I just stick with the moves I have been doing.. :confused:

Yeah I've been pretty consistent with her in VF5FS ..But, I had a lot of trouble with her at first because she seems deceptively easy. Then you realize when you really wanna use her full potential it takes ALOT more than that (particularly her 4PKK and her (FL) P2KKK just frames .. those 2 moves there are game changers)..

The stances scare people and when you think about it, she has ALL options from her stances.. so its like a whole arsenal of moves that you rarely see.

if you check my tutorial on Sarah in VF5FS .. a lot of the info actually applies to DOA5 in terms of move properties (with a few minor exceptions here and there ) ..

And about the hair, Dude .. its a weapon .. don't cut it. you have no idea how you can get into someones head with little things like that... I was walking around the tournament repping my DEATH COW T-shirt.. It screws with the opponents head ..lol ...

My advice to everyone .. keep repping her in VF5FS .. you'll get a major head start when you switch to DOA5

kupo

My advice to everyone .. keep repping her in VF5FS .. you'll get a major head start when you switch to DOA5
That's pretty much the main reason I wanna play with her as well in DOA5. She's my character in VF5FS so might play with her in DOA as well I guess. By the way congrats on your win at i46 emperor cow, if you're going to WGC I really wanna play some matches with you. cheers.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
That's pretty much the main reason I wanna play with her as well in DOA5. She's my character in VF5FS so might play with her in DOA as well I guess. By the way congrats on your win at i46 emperor cow, if you're going to WGC I really wanna play some matches with you. cheers.

WGC in france?
man that might be a little difficult..
I might not be able to attend anything outside the UK till the end of 2012 ... :( (will do my best though). I'm at the final stages of my PhD and I'm really working hard on my writing up...
but ...after that .. I will do my best to attend the Euro majors .. Particularly the ones in France ..
I always wanted to go to Bushido impact :D (Renegad (Walid) is a really cool guy .. :) )

and I keep hearing great things about the German tournaments as well .. so we'll see :)

But there's always online so not all is lost :)
Lets hope the online is good enough ... (I hope)

oh and Steady... I'm Xbox all the way ;) ..

Doa_Eater

Something that just hit me and i don't think has been mentioned so far, does Sarah have her Step move that comes of from flaming stance P+K+G going into other moves?

I'm gonna enjoy Tina vs Sarah, never thought it would happen!

DR2K

Well if the side step is set to :8::P+K::+::h:, the thats how you side step. The same goes for :8::8:. But in your previous question about her side step in her stance. Were you referring to her "special" side step where she shuffles her feet? Or is that something totally different?

(And no she can not side step in Flamingo and stay in Flamingo. Not that I know of!) :confused:

She could in VF5.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Something that just hit me and i don't think has been mentioned so far, does Sarah have her Step move that comes of from flaming stance P+K+G going into other moves?

I'm gonna enjoy Tina vs Sarah, never thought it would happen!

yes she does .. its 1P+K :)

She also has her switch step from neutral by pressing 8P+K.. and u can get into flamingo from it just like VF by pressing 8P+KP+K

Guys.. she LITERALLY has EVERYTHING .. they haven't taken away a single move ..

as for the sidestepping I find that sidestepping with 2/8H+P+K is much better as it doesn't interfere with the input buffers.. Plus it feels a lot more natural coming from VF

UPDATE:
I was messing with her in training... 8K is actually a MID launcher on counter hit NOT a HIGH.. my bad .. sorry guys..
I mistook it with her PPP8K (THAT 8K is a HIGH.. but it does NOT launch)
Seems she doesn't have an instant HIGH launcher... that might be a bad thing long term ..

her 2P+KK goes MID then Launches HIGH though... but it needs to be instant .. very little string delay..

Steady G

Yeah I've been pretty consistent with her in VF5FS ..But, I had a lot of trouble with her at first because she seems deceptively easy. Then you realize when you really wanna use her full potential it takes ALOT more than that (particularly her 4PKK and her (FL) P2KKK just frames .. those 2 moves there are game changers)..

The stances scare people and when you think about it, she has ALL options from her stances.. so its like a whole arsenal of moves that you rarely see.

if you check my tutorial on Sarah in VF5FS .. a lot of the info actually applies to DOA5 in terms of move properties (with a few minor exceptions here and there ) ..

And about the hair, Dude .. its a weapon .. don't cut it. you have no idea how you can get into someones head with little things like that... I was walking around the tournament repping my DEATH COW T-shirt.. It screws with the opponents head ..lol ...

Okay and Xbox thanks! SO we can really play with each other and you can show me some tricks with her.. Haha thanks for the video it helps a lot. I really need to play Final Showdown so I can abuse more of her moves.. Oh and about my hair, yeah Im not going to cut it. But I might consider it though. Hahaha but yeah all we can do is play the waiting game. But when I looked at the achievements for DOA5, we have to unlock Sarah and Akira.. o.0 So I guess I have to pick somebody else first.... I wanted to get the game and jump right in with Sarah but I guess that wont be the case... But thanks a lot! Im going to have to shoot you a friend request for future purposes! =]

EDIT: BTW I just did you huge wall combo that you displayed in the vid you provided. Where you did it after the wall stuns! AWESOME! Haha I bet you are a way better Sarah player than me.. :( But Im going to change that... Haha

EDIT AGAIN: Haha maannnnnn Im playing Final Showdown right now and uhhh I am WAY better with Sarah now! You're the BEST! (I just did that forward slide :2::2::K::K: into her grapple while my opponent blocked my hit! I won the match because of that!) You're the BEST! :cool:

BLACKSTAR

She could in VF5.
she never could do a raw sidestep from FL stance in any version. Though she does have her 2_8P+K EX high spin kick move (which can also can be guard cancelled -- but either way, it was a slow, crappy sidestep overall)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Yeah I was trying to mess with her Flamingo sidesteps..
they aren't so effective... kinda like how they aren't effective in VF either to be honest ...
I still hope they fix the property to her (FL) 4K. it was a jump kick from flamingo and KEPT her in flamingo.. I felt like I needed it a few times in alot of matches. My VF reflexes tell me to do it but DOA doesn't allow it :( ..

BLACKSTAR

I still hope they fix the property to her (FL) 4K. it was a jump kick from flamingo and KEPT her in flamingo.. I felt like I needed it a few times in alot of matches. My VF reflexes tell me to do it but DOA doesn't allow it :( ..

well, that would be entirely stupid of TN. Why they would nerf that move, which wasn't bad but never that great to begin with, would be well beyond my reasoning. At the same time, I think the jump property was kinda gimmicky (in VF at least), though it was very helpful at times as an option select (especially for okizeme). I used it more for it's pushback properties, and would beat out lows with sheer frame advantage (if I'm in FL and in frame disadv, i personally believe I should be trying to get out of FL stance). Still, if they make that dumb decision and nerf it, I could see that possibly making it entirely useless

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
well, that would be entirely stupid of TN. Why they would nerf that move, which wasn't bad but never that great to begin with, would be well beyond my reasoning. At the same time, I think the jump property was kinda gimmicky (in VF at least), though it was very helpful at times as an option select (especially for okizeme). I used it more for it's pushback properties, and would beat out lows with sheer frame advantage (if I'm in FL and in frame disadv, i personally believe I should be trying to get out of FL stance). Still, if they make that dumb decision and nerf it, I could see that possibly making it entirely useless

well heres the thing in that move. in VF5FSeven if you were at frame DISadvantage, that move would still crush lows (same for 8H+K outside of flamingo) ...
what this means is, if i decided to get into flamingo from 1H+KK .. that would put me at -2 on block but I still had the ability to crush lows with (FL) 4K and get good spacing while REMAINING in flamingo. Right now the only option is her P+K parry but its risky as it makes her vulnerable to HI COUNTER throws and I have to say its inconsistent (need to do more research on it), although if successful it guarantees a (FL) 6G+K launcher into shenanigans

I wouldnt want to get out of flamingo if I get into it in VF5FS Its deceptively lethat.. your (F) K gives you insane advantage on block, your just frame (FL) P2KKK is very hard to react to and would work even if the P whiffed and grants you a free follow up. your 4K crushes lows, your 3K causes a crumple stun guaranteeing a 70+ damage combo.. and your G+KK and your 2G+K are circular moves that destroy sidestep .. and finally your 2K G+P throw is insane.. not to mention the step transitions when the opponent decides to block but I'll leave that for another discussion.

In DOA it all works except for 4K and 3K doesnt guarantee you a follow up. plus because of the too many moves that are mid K it makes her a bit easy tou HOLD sarah from alot of things .. which is why her (step) PP which is a mid P string becomes valuable in flamingo in DOA.. (a move rarely used in VF)

Expect an update on things soon :)

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I toyed around alot with Sarah in FS and she is a straight up beast. I might main her in DOA. What is a good combo start-up for Sarah?

BLACKSTAR

y'know, you've just enlightened me somewhat. I don't really think of 4K as an option to crush all lows. I completely forgot about that (though, honestly, I don't worry to much about lows in FL stance, as they should be more concerned about Sarah crumpling them from it). I'm gonna keep that in mind as an extra incentive for my opponents to stand up into more mixups in VF. I would think it would help with the (very rare) super tech crouch moves I've heard some VF characters had

Thanks. :)

phoenix1985gr

Are these just frames difficult to master? I have played just a bit of vf in the past and i dont remember much, for tekken i didnt even know there were just frames but in scv at least (my first game were i looked into forums for strategies and stuff) i can do natsus and pyrrhas - omegas almost 90% of the time (offline) is it the same? Or much harder?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
y'know, you've just enlightened me somewhat. I don't really think of 4K as an option to crush all lows. I completely forgot about that (though, honestly, I don't worry to much about lows in FL stance, as they should be more concerned about Sarah crumpling them from it). I'm gonna keep that in mind as an extra incentive for my opponents to stand up into more mixups in VF. I would think it would help with the (very rare) super tech crouch moves I've heard some VF characters had

Thanks. :)

Thing is that even if you enter flamingo on block in VF, even if you're at frame advantage, a low jab is still fast enough to beat out your (FL)3K crumple. That's why you really need that 4K to stuff lows regardless of frame adv/disadv...
This happens with all her transitions into flamingo except for maybe a max range 4K. Entering flamingo with 4K gives you the most frame advantage, and it seems to be the case again in DOA5 as well :)

Are these just frames difficult to master? I have played just a bit of vf in the past and i dont remember much, for tekken i didnt even know there were just frames but in scv at least (my first game were i looked into forums for strategies and stuff) i can do natsus and pyrrhas - omegas almost 90% of the time (offline) is it the same? Or much harder?

The thing about the just frames with Sarah is that they require a move to hit. If yuo have a laggy connection or a laggy screen then theres no way in hell you can do them consistently. I had a friend over who had a laggy screen and was complaining about how he couldnt do his just frames .. and he tries them at my place n gets baffled at how he can do them almost flawlessly .. lol

I can tell you that DOA5 is a bit more lenient with the Just frames which is why I think they made them holdable ..but They are still VERY effective, even in DOA5

phoenix1985gr

yeah i have a laggy screen but since i ll only play online i ll learn to do them with my screen so its ok... Like when i went at a tourney i couldnt even get one to work (for sc5) but anyway i dont think there will be any offline scene for doa here im curious about online... online in sc i do them but not that consistently but its understandable

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD