In which language (voice) do you play DOA5U?

RoboJoe

I only use japanese voices for fighting games. Soulcalibur 2 ruined english voices in fighting games for me for all time.

TOBMAST3R

I´m using Japanese voices but I would really like to hear more specific ones like Bayman speaks Russian, Hitomi speaks German and so on and so on. (or even with their accent) =)

Nameless Sama

Japanese , because the japanese synchro has a lot of emotions but it just a matter of tase. I am going to travel to japan after I finished my study and have the money for it.

Sadly you cant change the language for a character :I Its okay

I still prefer native languages like Tekken does.

Keved

Haha i actually turn the volume down & play DoA5U with my music on most of the time. Never gets old watching Hayabusa performing Izuna Drops to the Heart of Courage theme from Two Steps From Hell. But when i do rarely play it with the volume up i have it in Japanese.

Valhalla

Standard Donor
I play with Japanese voices, ALTHOUGH I wish we had the option to choose which language to give each character. There are some characters that to me sound better in English like Mila and Rig.

Argentus

Japanese of course! :) They know what they are doing, because voice acting is serious business over there. I find most of the English voices okay. But some, like Helena, with her thick, nasal, already comical French accent are a total disaster! <---please also read with a thick, nasal, already comical French accent. ;)
"Tyotial deeziastaire!"

indieanimator

English, since I'm not too picky on voice acting, and like to understand everything. I don't have an English choice on Akira & Pai.;) I took a semester of Japanese in college, and have a high appreciation for the language, though.

Aspect

I got tired of english being poorly lip synced so I turned to Japanese. For voices during a match I use Momiji or Ayane

UpSideDownGRUNT

I feel really bad for Leifang's English voice actor because everyone hates her voice and that's how she sounds in real life by default. lol
it's not the voice that's particlarly bad it's her "YAAGH" when she gets hit it's irritated as hell, same with Helena's YAWWW I mean I like her in Haruhi and stuff but her Helena isn't that great at all.

Same with Yuri's Ein/Hayate and Troy's Hayabusa neither of them fit with the Ninja personalities (and it's even worse for Yuri's Ein) and TB straight ruins some of Hayabusa quotes by sounding too angry or arrogant.

werewolfgold

I actually have no problems with Yuri Lowenthal. I don't really know how you would claim a "voice" doesn't fit a personality. I can't think of any other way that the lines could be delivered from him. His voice is indeed slightly higher than the Japanese VAs, but that's really the only thing that I can point to. I do agree that Troy Baker sometimes sounds kind of angry, however. I like his voice though. I think with some slightly better direction, he'd be fine going forward.

I will say that Hideyuki Hori sounded even angrier than Troy Baker did when it came to getting into Zack's helicopter. lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

I actually have no problems with Yuri Lowenthal. I don't really know how you would claim a "voice" doesn't fit a personality. I can't think of any other way that the lines could be delivered from him. His voice is indeed slightly higher than the Japanese VAs, but that's really the only thing that I can point to. I do agree that Troy Baker sometimes sounds kind of angry, however. I like his voice though. I think with some slightly better direction, he'd be fine going forward.

I will say that Hideyuki Hori sounded even angrier than Troy Baker did when it came to getting into Zack's helicopter. lol

With Yuri I think he's too relaxed for Ein, he casually says "No one can stop me" while Hikaru Midorikawa brashly states "dare ni mo tomararen!" another good example is the "winning is my instinct" line Yuri is better here but Hikaru shows more excitement from it.

Maybe I'm just biased because I've only known Hikaru as Ein and Hideyuki as Hayabusa from DOA2U DOA3 and DOA4 so it's stuck to me more, but the english adaptations just sound mediocre at best in comparison. However, nothing willever be as bad as "I'm coming!" and "victory excites me"

Darkton93

Oh god, not another sub vs dub debate again. Head, meet palm.

Anyway, Japanese, because I'm used to that. Likewise, for SF, I pick characters who've been voiced in Japanese all prior games to be voiced in Japanese, and all others English. It's just the natural order.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD