DOA5U Jann Lee DOA5U Combos

Darkslay

After limbo, you can launch with 33p on heavy weight

and some average weight with particularity, before limbo you must do : 6pp, 3p, DS k, 6k :

- Zack
- Kasumi
- Lisa
- Sarah
- Tina
- Helena

Those are all on CH tho, CH 9P, DS 6P and 3K also give you 4H+K.

However on NH, 7P, 7K, 9KK (second hit), KK, 3KK, 6P+K, 214P, 44P, 4PP and 6H+K (if they hold) all give 4H+K potential.

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
UPDATE: Here's a no-timing Danger Zone combo which looks pretty cool and is easy to land. Credit goes to @Crazy_Chin_Guy for the find, since I saw him doing it on Gehaktbal's last stream:

(Opponent lands on blue tiles after falling off the stage) :1::P: (whiff) > :6::H+K: (x3) > :6::P::K:
@Gehaktbal actually told me about that combo so credit goes to him. I always did 2x :6::h::+::K: and then just :P::P::6::P::[P]:.

And the second :h::+::K: is timed you gotta wait for like half a second after the first one.

Lulu

:6::6: :F:
:6::H+K::4:
:K:
:9::P:
:6::K::4::6::K:
Okay so I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get this combo right for about 2 hours but I just couldn't get that last kick to connect..... I've been practicing it from the P1 side since thats the side I execute the inputs the fastest... so just for kicks I decided to switch sides and literally in ONE SINGLE ATTEMPT I did the entire combo successfully...... a part of me was alil angry but mostly I was just confused.... the P2 side just isn't comfort zone and yet some how I managed to string together everything on the first attempt.....

I sense Dark Forces at work here. :eek:

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Okay so I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get this combo right for about 2 hours but I just couldn't get that last kick to connect..... I've been practicing it from the P1 side since thats the side I execute the inputs the fastest... so just for kicks I decided to switch sides and literally in ONE SINGLE ATTEMPT I did the entire combo successfully...... a part of me was alil angry but mostly I was just confused.... the P2 side just isn't comfort zone and yet some how I managed to string together everything on the first attempt.....

It's frustrating that they made Jann Lee's Snap Spike Kick unnecessarily harder in DOA5. It used to be 6K4K in DOA4, but now it is 6K46K again (just like in DOA2(U)). A lot of my friends seem to have trouble with the difficult version of the input but it's not that hard once you get the hang of it. You need that kick string anyway to master Jann Lee since it is most prevalent in his wall combos.

On a side note, '''F'' is not the same as ''Throw''. We use either ''H+P'' or ''T'', depending on your preference.

Lulu

It's frustrating that they made Jann Lee's Snap Spike Kick unnecessarily harder in DOA5. It used to be 6K4K in DOA4, but now it is 6K46K again (just like in DOA2(U)). A lot of my friends seem to have trouble with the difficult version of the input but it's not that hard once you get the hang of it. You need that kick string anyway to master Jann Lee since it is most prevalent in his wall combos.

On a side note, '''F'' is not the same as ''Throw''. We use either ''H+P'' or ''T'', depending on your preference.

I know..... but it is blue and the block/hold button is no longer known as "Free" anymore so I figured..... why not. Infact when I first got this game I couldn't see the characters inside those buttons clearly so I'm mostly familiar with them by colour.

Anyway the kick I can probably do against the wall... its in a juggle where I find it impractical. I think its pretty cool you have multiple paths to Critical Burst exclusively out of the Dragon Stance..... is it possible to do a Dragon Stance juggle too ?

KING JAIMY

I know..... but it is blue and the block/hold button is no longer known as "Free" anymore so I figured..... why not. Infact when I first got this game I couldn't see the characters inside those buttons clearly so I'm mostly familiar with them by colour.

Anyway the kick I can probably do against the wall... its in a juggle where I find it impractical. I think its pretty cool you have multiple paths to Critical Burst exclusively out of the Dragon Stance..... is it possible to do a Dragon Stance juggle too ?
9P - 6K4K is the best juggle after a wall splat. You can do 6H+K4 (W!) - DS K - 6PK as well if you find that easier (but is less damage).

Lulu

9P - 6K4K is the best juggle after a wall splat. You can do 6H+K4 (W!) - DS K - 6PK as well if you find that easier (but is less damage).

Thats cool.... I'm in this for the Style Points. ;)
How does Jan Lee's DS Kicks Compare to Jacky's Flash Sword Kick ? Jacky obviously has the obvious advantage of whipping it out willy nilly but ignoring that.... what are the numbers on it ?

KING JAIMY

How does Jan Lee's DS Kicks Compare to Jacky's Flash Sword Kick ? Jacky obviously has the obvious advantage of whipping it out willy nilly but ignoring that.... what are the numbers on it ?
Jacky's Flash Sword Kick is i16 and +3 on block. Jann Lee's is unsafe on block (don't know how fast it is). So Jacky's is definitely better, but obviously a lot harder too.

Lulu

Jacky's Flash Sword Kick is i16 and +3 on block. Jann Lee's is unsafe on block (don't know how fast it is). So Jacky's is definitely better, but obviously a lot harder too.

I checked the Flash Sword Kick once.... the normal 6K I think has a recovery of 27 Frames..... the Flash Sword Kick on the other hand is about half of that, I think its 14 Frames..... thats huge.
Plus he still has a stance of his own to boot..... which I can't do Raw.

Darkslay

That juggle only works on lights, keep that in mind, you could also try these instead.
:6::H+K::4:DS:K::6::H+K::4:DS:K::P::2::P::K: or :4::4::P::P:

The Snap Spike Kick is a pretty interesting move, the input has mostly been the same ever since the first game but in the first game it was actually a "hidden" move, it wasn't listed in his command list and it was found waaaay later, i don't have a lot of trouble with it but hey, i main the character so how could i? lol.

Yes, Dragon Stance can be used in some juggles but it mostly will be off of :6::H+K:

Actually Jaimy, they do the same damage lol, so you have two options to choose from. :)

DS:K: is 11F on start up (fastest mid kick in the game) and -11 on block (funny eh? lol), as for DS:6::K:, its 17F on start up and -3 on block, this move is also pretty interesting, raw its -4 on block but of off DS its -3, this can go a long way in some situations.

Last edited:

Lulu

A very interesting character indeed.... I'm guessing not many characters have an i11 Mid Kick..... Tina has one.... but she has to turn around to get access to it and its range is not as good as Jan's.

You know whats weird... several people play Jan Lee but not many main him, they usually use him as a counter pick for the Speed Perks, I don't even think I've even seen them Enter The Dragon.... Stance.

Darkslay

A very interesting character indeed.... I'm guessing not many characters have an i11 Mid Kick..... Tina has one.... but she has to turn around to get access to it and its range is not as good as Jan's.

You know whats weird... several people play Jan Lee but not many main him, they usually use him as a counter pick for the Speed Perks, I don't even think I've even seen them Enter The Dragon.... Stance.

That's very true and its sad very sad too, he's a character with sooo much hidden potential.

Lulu

That's very true and its sad very sad too, he's a character with sooo much hidden potential.

Pethaps if he was a she... named Janet Lee and had a pair of fun bags then maybe people would care.... :oops:

I'm ashamed to admit it but thats how I initially wound up with Tina.... lol I have never seen any female JKD practioners.... you'd think if Team Ninja could make female wrestlers then they would have no issues with a Female Dragon..... but its cool... we got Kokoro didn't we, they might get there..... eventually.

Although one could say Honoka fills in all those gaps with her Copy Cat Shenanigans.

Darkslay

Pethaps if he was a she... named Janet Lee and had a pair of fun bags then maybe people would care.... :oops:

I'm ashamed to admit it but thats how I initially wound up with Tina.... lol I have never seen any female JKD practioners.... you'd think if Team Ninja could make female wrestlers then they would have no issues with a Female Dragon..... but its cool... we got Kokoro didn't we, they might get there..... eventually.

Although one could say Honoka fills in all those gaps with her Copy Cat Shenanigans.

That's initially the reason why i picked up Honoka, because of her cute JKD moves XD, but yeah, holy be the day we see a female JKD artist, Sarah Bryant and Chie from Persona 4 is the closest we've gotten.

Lulu

That's initially the reason why i picked up Honoka, because of her cute JKD moves XD, but yeah, holy be the day we see a female JKD artist, Sarah Bryant and Chie from Persona 4 is the closest we've gotten.

Or who knows...... perhaps Team Ninja can be alil more progressive and reveal that Jan Lee has always felt insecure about his gender and then give him a Sex change.... and then BAM !!! Hello Janet ! LMAO its scary and funny at the same time. :) :eek:

Darkslay

Or who knows...... perhaps Team Ninja can be alil more progressive and reveal that Jan Lee has always felt insecure about his gender and then give him a Sex change.... and then BAM !!! Hello Janet ! LMAO its scary and funny at the same time. :) :eek:

With people that believe him to be gay, that's just another addition to weird things say about him LOL.

Back on the subject, i forgot to mention this also works.
:6::H+K::4:DS:K::6::H+K::4:DS:K::P::P::2::K::K:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD