DOA5U Jann Lee DOA5U Combos

Lulu

Indeed.... I think its also his slowest move from that stance..... somewhere around 20 frames on start up.

Darkslay

Hahahaha, is it really that 'secret'? :p

Bequeath onto us this Secret Tech.... let us bathe in its Dragony Goodness.

Haha, its for some of his unholdables, i might make a post about it later on.

If they make Jann Lee's DS 6P+K like that, I can imagine having cool looking combos out of it (possibly replacing DS K in some juggles). But I don't think they'll do it because of balancing issues. Still... would be a cool idea.

Any kind of buff for him would be appreciated. That won't happen tho since you know, he has to remain low tier XD.

Indeed.... I think its also his slowest move from that stance..... somewhere around 20 frames on start up.

Close. 19 frames, the later slaps all come out in 2 frames. Its also not the slowest move, that would be DS:P+K: (20F)

Lulu

LoL.... ah yes the Critical Burst.... he's got some crazy deceptive reach on that thing...... how on earth does he make it connect during that sit down stun. :eek:

KING JAIMY

LoL.... ah yes the Critical Burst.... he's got some crazy deceptive reach on that thing...... how on earth does he make it connect during that sit down stun. :eek:
I think you are talking about :6::P+K: since he has two different Critical Bursts. It's impossible for Jann Lee to get DS :P+K: from a sit down stun since he has to get into the stance first after the :H+K: sit down stun.

Lulu

Yeah that one...... there's not that many characters that can Ctitical Burst from a sit down stun.

KING JAIMY

Yeah that one...... there's not that many characters that can Ctitical Burst from a sit down stun.
That CB isn't guaranteed though. There are plenty of character with a SDS > CB, but only a handful of chracter with SDS > Guaranteed CB.

Lulu

That CB isn't guaranteed though. There are plenty of character with a SDS > CB, but only a handful of chracter with SDS > Guaranteed CB.

I know Tina can't get one from hers.
Some characters can chain two sit downs into a ctitacal burst..... with the help of a ceiling you can get a guaranteed road to CB or atleast a single guess to CB.

Lulu

Well this is weird.... Dragon Stance Cancelling makes you more unsafe, not less.... on alot of strings.

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
Does anyone do :2::P+K: in a middle of a combo just to fake the opponent out? I know Dark does it. I've done it a few times too.

Lulu

Nope....
But thats because I haven't actually taken Jan Lee out of the Dojo yet.
I have a select few characters I just toy with in Training Mode....

Darkslay

Does anyone do :2::P+K: in a middle of a combo just to fake the opponent out? I know Dark does it. I've done it a few times too.

I'm probably the one who invented that fake out lol. Its good to do once in a while and Its probably the only use for the move outside of footsies too.

To fake out DGs :2::T: works pretty well too

KING JAIMY

I noticed there isn't a general discussion thread (or perhaps I've not seen it?) for Jann Lee so I figured I would just post this here:

What are Jann Lee's natural combos? I may have or may have not missed it in the excellent in-depth Dragon Guide of @Darkslay which covers pretty much everything of what Jann Lee has to offer, but sadly I have not watched it entirely (about halfway through by just watching random parts in the video) so excuse me if this question is redundant. The reason why I'm asking is it seems like Jann Lee has tons of natural combos. His :P::P::P: looks like a natural combo on Normal Hit and Counter Hit, making Jann Lee possibly the only character in the game with a triple jab natural combo, although I'm not entirely sure. I know for a fact that :P::6::P: is a natural combo and :4::P::P::P: as well. Is there anything I'm overlooking? If he has more natural combos than the ones I listed, I would like to know if it is a natural combo on Normal Hit, Counter Hit or both. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Darkslay

I noticed there isn't a general discussion thread (or perhaps I've not seen it?) for Jann Lee so I figured I would just post this here:

What are Jann Lee's natural combos? I may have or may have not missed it in the excellent in-depth Dragon Guide of @Darkslay which covers pretty much everything of what Jann Lee has to offer, but sadly I have not watched it entirely (about halfway through by just watching random parts in the video) so excuse me if this question is redundant. The reason why I'm asking is it seems like Jann Lee has tons of natural combos. His :P::P::P: looks like a natural combo on Normal Hit and Counter Hit, making Jann Lee possibly the only character in the game with a triple jab natural combo, although I'm not entirely sure. I know for a fact that :P::6::P: is a natural combo and :4::P::P::P: as well. Is there anything I'm overlooking? If he has more natural combos than the ones I listed, I would like to know if it is a natural combo on Normal Hit, Counter Hit or both. Any help would be massively appreciated.
Hmm, that is true, i hadn't noticed that. Thanks for the heads up.

I did indeed cover that in the Dragon Guide, on the 5:47 mark under the basics section to be exact. You should separate some time and go through the guide if you can. There's a lot of tools people still overlook with this character despite the guide being out for some time now.

Answering your other questions, yes :P::P::P: is a natural combo, on NH and CH making his punch string very powerful, sometimes its good to go for it after a DG to force a guess on the opponent, :P::6::P: and :4::P::P::P: are natural combos as well, :4::P: launches on CH though.
Other than that, he has 4 more natural combos. :P::K: on NH and CH, it can be blocked on NH though, :P::P::6::P: on NH grants him +3 and on CH gets him a free stun, really good one, :4::K::K: on CH, this one is also really good since it puts him at +14, and lastly, DS:6::P+K:, while it may sound impractical, if you run into it at any point it is a natural combo on NH and CH, its also a 5 punch string so it can't be fuzzy guarded.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Hmm, that is true, i hadn't noticed that. Thanks for the heads up.

I did indeed cover that in the Dragon Guide, on the 5:47 mark under the basics section to be exact. You should separate some time and go through the guide if you can. There's a lot of tools people still overlook with this character despite the guide being out for some time now.

Answering your other questions, yes :P::P::P: is a natural combo, on NH and CH making his punch string very powerful, sometimes its good to go for it after a DG to force a guess on the opponent, :P::6::P: and :4::P::P::P: are natural combos as well, :4::P: launches on CH though.
Other than that, he has 4 more natural combos. :P::K: on NH and CH, it can be blocked on NH though, :P::P::6::P: on NH grants him +3 and on CH gets him a free stun, really good one, :4::K::K: on CH, this one is also really good since it puts him at +14, and lastly, DS:6::P+K:, while it may sound impractical, if you run into it at any point it is a natural combo on NH and CH, its also a 5 punch string so it can't be fuzzy guarded.
Thanks so much for the help the PK and 4KK natural combos seem really interesting!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD