DOA5U Kasumi's match video and critique thread

Chapstick

Oh, in this case, I would say it's not guaranteed on paper, because Kasumi's 66T~T gives her +10 advantage while the first kick from her K3K needs 11 frames. However, practically, it's highly questionable if someone can prevent her from still doing it.
Like I said before I don't think the game takes the frames needed to turn around into account in the fight details so I think you have +15. Against Lei you probably don't thanks to her BT parries. I always go for 6P6K anyway after 66T~T since it's guaranteed decent damage, 76 with KK7K~6P+K~9PK~6P+K~KK.

phoenix1985gr

I tried usinf it roday but it was blocked, although i thought you need 5frames to turn around and block so i would guess its was guarranteed too (i ll test it in training just to be sure)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
@Chapstick @ToKyo PewPew (Laser Gun :) LOL) From her forward forward grab (66T-T), 4PK, 6P6K, & 6PK are all guaranteed. They're all viable depending on certain situations you're in. 6PK if you're aiming for a mixup, 4PK is great damage potential near the wall & open space (smaller than 6P6K's), & 6P6K out in open space but does wall splat for a small follow up. They're all great options though.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

UprisingJC

Two fresh replays from matches I had yesterday:

Any recommendations?

You seemed to be afraid of that Tina, didn't you?
You either kept standing still or being a distance from her instead of putting pressure on her.

That Tina player seldom respected ur follow-ups and often retaliated right after blocking ur 6p.
It's not easy to know what kind of player ur opponent is, but make use of delaying Kasumi's follow-ups to lure ur opponent's attack and then stun him/her.

Besides, it looks like you don't know the frame data of some Tina's moves.
Her 9PK at 2:00, 66PPP at 2:36 are unsafe.

Two fresh replays from matches I had yesterday:

You tend to extend the stun with a jab RIGHT AFTER stunning your opponent, which makes you too predictable. A good Hayabusa player will be glad to face you.

Sometimes you can delay your attacks by using moves like 3P or 33K after you stun your opponent.
If your opponent doesn't want to attempt a hold when stunned and decided to retaliate after the stun duration is gone, they may either get stunned by 3P again or launched by 33K. 33T becomes how it used to be in vanilla DOA5: High damage output but also with slow speed and long recovery. I personally recommend restrict its use. Don't abuse it too much as low hold spammers still exist. Even though they don't attempt a low hold, they still can stun you right after the stun duration on them is gone because of you whiffing the 33T having a LONG RECOVERY.

Last edited by a moderator:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
You seemed to be afraid of that Tina, didn't you?
You either kept standing still or being a distance from her instead of putting pressure on her.

That Tina player seldom respected ur follow-ups and often retaliated right after blocking ur 6p.
It's not easy to know what kind of player ur opponent is, but make use of delaying Kasumi's follow-ups to lure ur opponent's attack and then stun him/her.

Yeah ... for me, he was really hard to read and I prefer waiting and watching more before doing something stupid when I'm not sure what my opponent is going to do. Especially, when I (like you have noticed correctly)
don't know the frame data

You tend to extend the stun with a jab RIGHT AFTER stunning your opponent, which makes you too predictable. A good Hayabusa player will be glad to face you.
33T becomes how it used to be in vanilla DOA5: High damage output but also with slow speed and long recovery. I personally recommend restrict its use. Don't abuse it too much as low hold spammers still exist. Even though they don't attempt a low hold, they still can stun you right after the stun duration on them is gone because of you whiffing the 33T having a LONG RECOVERY.

Right, the recovery is really long, so I've started trying to use 236T more instead. I'll see if I can do that in the next fights, thanks for all the tips so far!

Kyosuke NEO

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Okay, just some things I would say:

@Kyosuke NEO:
There is not much that I would criticize from what I've seen in your fights. You aren't going to rush down on your opponent and wait for a moment were you can land a counter-hit. That's how you have to play Kasumi if you don't want to get punished a lot. Your poking and the usage of it's delays looks very good too. I like how you use 4H+K, just mix it up a bit more with high attacks/mid punches, because you are relying a lot on mid kicks in general. Sometimes, you missed some damage from juggles, (e.g. in the first video at 0:35 and in the second one at 1:40) but I'm sure you will get it fast with playing a bit more.

@Sana:
I'm not sure how serious you want to take 1 bar matches, but some things I would recommend are:

Starting a match with 1PP is not a good option in my opinion, your opponent can easily punish you if he decides just to block (referring to frame data offline) or you could get counter-hit from a fast mid punch many players like to use right at the beginning. I also wouldn't use the sidestep kick, it's to unsafe if it get's blocked, especially not against Hitomi because she has a lot of tracking moves that will catch you anyway.

I wouldn't use 33P after 4H+K. Even if the latter one hits, 33P can be avoided by stagger-escaping and you end up back turned. It is also very slow. If 4H+K hits, 4P is guaranteed, so you might better use this.

Just remember that the H+K 2K 6P+K combo for critical burst is not guaranteed. It can be stagger escaped easily. It may work online on opponents that do not SE or don't know that, but if you are facing a experienced player offline, you surely won't be able to land it that much. Better use the guaranteed 9K option after landing a H+K turnaround stun successful.

Your poking looks quite ok, just don't rely to much on mid punches. Hitomi is also very dangerous in this case, because she has a punch parry against high or mid punches. Your opponent in the video here was not a beast with Hitomi, but if you play against an experienced one, you might notice this. Your juggles are also good, but there are some that deal more damage against lightweights, so you might take a look at the combo threads for getting even more effective.

That's what I would say, I hope it is helpfull for you guys :)

Nameless Sama

Thanks a lot if you would call me Nameless would be better for the others xP.

I have almost the same playstyle like kyosuke. I have practice really hard and I am feeling better and safer to play with her. I admit that I have rushed just only it was laggy as hell. It was so laggy that thought you fight in slow motion.

Lag City

Very Thank you

I will take this advice for 1 bar fights to my heart lol but serously thanks XP

Nameless Sama

Ehhh ...? Could you please decide how I finally should call you? Last time you said Sana is fine. Btw, they will get who I'm referring to if they click the name :confused:
Hmm I have actually no idea where and when I said my name to you. Sorry I cant remember. I still know I havent told you that o-O . But that is not the topic just call me how you want. I really appreciate your help and from the others.

Chapstick

Dang! Taking notes.
I'm not an expert but that doesn't really look like something you should be taking notes from. That Kasumi was all over the place (the word schizophrenic comes to mind) and got lucky a lot. The juggles were good though.

Cake

I should still take notes for when I want to look bad ass with them teleports.

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

Dang! Taking notes.

I'm not an expert but that doesn't really look like something you should be taking notes from. That Kasumi was all over the place (the word schizophrenic comes to mind) and got lucky a lot. The juggles were good though.

I wonder how you come up with this opinion. Imo, that performance was not that bad, I actually like this style. Japanese (Kasumi) players tend to play a bit more passive and since Leifang can cause a lot of trouble with her parries, that guy did really well to deal with by using range tactics, delays and kicks. Do you mind to explain why you think he was lucky a lot? Imo, he just guessed - sometimes wrong and sometimes right, but that's what you also have to do with Kasumi because you need to rely on counter-hits.

The only thing I would recommend not to do is throwing out that 9PK that much. Everything else looks fine to me.

Tenryuga

His approach to the MU wasn't wrong IMO. The things he was doing on wake up were good as well as his strategy to space Leifang out. Just he lost momentum at times because he was too hesitant to execute his offense when he had many opportunities to. As good as Lei's parry and defensive options are she should not have as much control over the neutral as she did in this match especially in close range. Good thing for him he started to capitalize better in the later rounds. No idea why he's using 9PK so much though and not getting blown up as hard as he should be for it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD