Characters Kokoro General Discussion

Bushido

Noticed there wasn't a thread for this, and I thought there should be one. Here you can talk about anything that relates to Kokoro; anything from the competitive side to the casual side. Here's a topic to start:

Dem legs.

jjinkou2

what do you find so amazing about 33P+K ? i would like to use it more but i fail to place it correctly.

Commmanda Panda

It tends to counter hit launch the opponent b/c it avoids highs. I tend to use it after certain unsafe strings and some safe ones to launch people trying to throw punish the safe string.

I don't use it to launch someone in the stun game though, because people tend to hold mid punch during stun fearing the CB

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, I use it to avoid highs in strings. If I'm pretty sure the next hit of a string is gonna be high, I'll stop blocking and throw out 33P+K instead.

Puño de Leyenda

I think 7PKP is another one that is pretty good too, primarily because of the delay and you don't see it used too often either.

Based-

635032483361476926.jpg

MajesticBlue

Something I don't see mentioned that much is kokoro can cover some amazing ground. 8p has crazy distance it feels like. Not to mention you can slide into some very useful moves ala 6623p. Combine concepts like this with how good of a backdash she has kinda suggests something else to me.

Imo. The match up vs her and christie is not as bad as before. Given how much jak was nerfed. Could be wrong though. Then again i never thought it was super terrible to begin with.

Bushido

Her KBD is ridiculous...moves to full screen in a second. I believe the Christie vs Kokoro match is the same as it was. Even though jak got nerfed, it's still a crouching ss that can be used mid string. Combine that with her speed, Kokoro is still at a disadvantage.

Commmanda Panda

Once I became more familiar with Christie, I didn't think the match-up was as bad as people said it was. However, I still think it is in Christie's favor.
The way I approach the match-up is to space the Christie out. You have to be patient b/c she can blow-up Kokoro easily with her speed if you aren't being careful. Forcing the Christie to become impatient will open up opportunities to get offense going or punish accordingly. Also not free canceling strings can also help throw off the opponent waiting to use JAK to avoid it

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
There's matchups (more players rather than characters) where I'll just play Kokoro like a mid-range character. She's fantastic at whiff punishing.

I've actually taken to just picking Leifang against Christies (much, muuuch easier for me even though it's another very linear character), so I don't have much to say about the Kokoro/Christie matchup. I think it's actually a very easy matchup for a knowledgeable Kokoro if the Christie doesn't know the matchup, though. Kokoro can absolutely wreck Christies who don't respect her enough with her pseudo tracking. Still, just the existence of JAK means that Kokoro has to change what moves to use. It's definitely way in Christie's favor, but it's far from unwinnable.

jjinkou2

i 'm beggining to think that :6::6::P+K::H+P: is one of her worst move. If people know the MU, every :6::6::P+K: outside of a stun will be punished with a strike. So since this one can't be used outside of a stun (otherwise the throw will whiff), you will risk a hicounter if people hit you with a mid-punch.

Or may be i'm misusing it ?

Bushido

i 'm beggining to think that :6::6::P+K::H+P: is one of her worst move. If people know the MU, every :6::6::P+K: outside of a stun will be punished with a strike. So since this one can't be used outside of a stun (otherwise the throw will whiff), you will risk a hicounter if people hit you with a mid-punch.

Or may be i'm misusing it ?
I mean, it's good alright mid range, but yeah, it should really just be used in stun.

Tenryuga

It tends to counter hit launch the opponent b/c it avoids highs. I tend to use it after certain unsafe strings and some safe ones to launch people trying to throw punish the safe string.

I don't use it to launch someone in the stun game though, because people tend to hold mid punch during stun fearing the CB

Lag tactics!? :eek: lol nah but do you mean that you buffer it in case the opponent is slow to punish your unsafe attacks in this case? Otherwise I'm not sure what the point is in trying to do it after unsafe strings; Maybe you could explain a bit?

MajesticBlue

Feel dumb but been using 236p as a launcher after a counter hit. Like how much wall carry potential it has. Not gonna lie I really hate her launchers.I need to throw more but I still have Christie in my head. Also today was the TBK lobby right? Don't think I can make it since I get off late.

236p has that 236t mixup :p

Commmanda Panda

Lag tactics!? :eek: lol nah but do you mean that you buffer it in case the opponent is slow to punish your unsafe attacks in this case? Otherwise I'm not sure what the point is in trying to do it after unsafe strings; Maybe you could explain a bit?

I guess it is as striker is right in meaning negative b/c 6ppp is exactly the string i tend to use it after. its -3 on block and catches ppl trying to high poke or throw

Feel dumb but been using 236p as a launcher after a counter hit. Like how much wall carry potential it has. Not gonna lie I really hate her launchers.I need to throw more but I still have Christie in my head. Also today was the TBK lobby right? Don't think I can make it since I get off late.
236p has that 236t mixup :p

yes i believe that lobby is today
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/team-best-doa5u-training-on-psn-xbl.4337/page-7#post-177303

236p is nice to mix in there b/c people only expect her 7K or 4P+K launchers. I also agree with you that her launchers are not the best out of the cast. May be the reason i do her bound combos more often than i should

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD