Kokoro General Thoughts/ Ideas

jjinkou2

If you want a simple answer, Brute has summarized her in few word in his thread "a brute perspective on sidestep": https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/a-brute-perspective-on-sidestepping.8390/page-5#post-398331

The character's designed around this function: aggressive guard pressure.
This has been spoiled by the sidestep meta of DOA6.

But she's really fun to play with. Go watch some video from eman or xcal to see her at full potential, and how they deal against sidestepper.

NightAntilli

Thanks for your advice! But do you really think her low game is strong? No tracking sweep and d+H+K is negative on hit... This move got my preassure killed a lot of times :(
Kokoro's lows have always been weak. You asked the point of the character? The main difference between her and other characters is that she can grab mid-string. It's one of the reasons she has weak lows too. Her grabs are supposed to make up for it.

Honestly, I find her to be one of the characters that can fight at any range, although that might no longer be the case for long range due to the current sidestep mechanics. She can still, but it's not as effective as before. She is quite good at keeping people out of range though, and once she's in your face, it's not easy to get rid of her.

She's a very effective character to pressure with, even now. She hits harder compared to other strikers and her grabs are powerful.

I'll soon upload a video of how my Leifang got beat (not to say murdered) by a very good Kokoro. My Leifang is no slouch, but dang, this Kokoro was a nightmare.

You know this deluxe outfit is actually pretty dope. I've pretty exclusively used it since I haven't gotten any other decent costumes and it is actually super nice. The heart choker is dope and I love the little cat pins on the skirt. I also think the double layered design of the skirt is cool too. The boots look kind of dumb but at east the heart design makes them look not as dumpy. Nothing special about the top, but the armbands were a nice touch. The nets at the edge of the wrist wraps are also kind of interesting. Finally, the colors are pretty nice, not bland and colorless (Leifang and Tina deluxe) or garish and overly bright (Diego and Mila deluxe). Bonus since Kokoro doesn't usually get this blue focused color scheme.

Definitely one of the better deluxe outfits, glad they actually put some effort into making it a costume specifically for her (cute and with hearts, which granted is not that hard to pull off).
It’s quite cute. Kokoro is no. 1!

You guys are talking about “heichu” what exactly is that? I do the moves that are supposed to lead to that, and all she does is move back and kind of bunch up. Just for a split second. Heichu is a stance right? How do you get into the stance?

Strangerinmytub

It’s quite cute. Kokoro is no. 1!

You guys are talking about “heichu” what exactly is that? I do the moves that are supposed to lead to that, and all she does is move back and kind of bunch up. Just for a split second. Heichu is a stance right? How do you get into the stance?

Heichu stance is when Kokoro grabs the opponents arm and pulls them in (or she just grabs the air and pulls). After the pull Kokoro has access to 4 moves out of the stance, a high punch, a mid punch, a mid kick, and a low punch. If you successfully grab the opponents arm with Heichu (meaning you didn't just grab the air) then they have to use a hold and guess where you will attack, they cannot block out of it. If you expect the opponent to hold after your heichu, you can also choose to not do any of the follow up attacks and throw punish them instead.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD