Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

Nico's alt:

DsR-D9kU0AEaNpA.jpg:orig

omg she looks really cool here, That outfit is really nice. Seriously the closet feature is so good, And I'm loving that we're seeing so many hairstyles. Also If there's pics of Nico in the customisation mode I hope there is of Lisa too.

SaihateDYNAMO

Nico looks completely out of place, especially after New TN kept harping on about realism etc. There's some kind of identity crisis here. So far we've gotten a generic latino dude and an anime loli that shoots lightning.
Now that you mention it...I kinda feel the same way too now that I think about it. I like her poses, outfits (so far) and moveset but the bright blue color scheme makes her look like a Vocaloid which is really jarring when compared to Diego; if you look at both characters separately you would never be able to guess they came from the same game. Can you realistically imagine Nico in the Throwdown stage lol? Even Marie Rose and Honoka don’t look as strange because their color schemes aren’t so bright. They should have made her hair a darker shade of blue and have at least her C2 be the default imo because it’s simpler, a lot less bright, way more fashionable, and is a design that feels a lot more “fighting game character” and less “futuristic JRPG character” (Neptunia, anyone?), plus it looks like it would represent her a bit better. I hope Closet Mode has a color edit because her C1 would actually look okay with a more muted color scheme. o_O

She still seems like an interesting character though, and I would kill to see more of her! I wish TN would upload a full match with her in one of the new stages.

Boogie

nico is...just.....hatsune miku....with a bob.
latest

her playstyle is interesting tho and i was hoping for another female villain.
i bet marie rose is her clone/sister of sorts, im betting.
her design is boring af and the longer i stare at it the more i want to tear it apart.

kokoro looks great tho! girl finally got some fashion sense.
lisa is also dark skinned again so YAY!!!! or at least in some stage lighting she is. which is still great.

and i agree, nico and diego are terrible new additions. i mean, nico moreso then diego. they at least tried to add more diversity. he was an attempt. but...they just dropped the ball again with nico. im really disappointed.

Sotherius

This game had JKD fighter punching dinosaurs into knockouts, shares universe with the series that hell is inside Mt. Fuji and the Statue of liberty became a monster and was killed. I don't personally hate nico, but i think they are overdoing the whole "for japanese market" characters, but to say that she is out of place, not quite, even though her animations are full of efects and lightning, is not outside of doa artstyle that much, unlike let's say, naotora's kick effects.

just_me

Standard Donor
Well, we all knew that the female char is supposed to appeal to the Japanese fanbase… didn't think it would be that obvious though.

Don't really like that they did the “18 yo and reallly short” schtick again, but the character is alright otherwise imo. If they just made her taller, she wouldn't give off much of a loli vibe… she has the proportions of an adult woman. The teleporting is a bit much, but lightning gimmick could be interesting… we'll see.

Kokoro's costumes looked nice, pretty sure the Kimono will be in as well… and that she can use her string grab on airborne opponents is lol-worthy.
Lisa looks good… I like her new C1 and the casual outfit too.

We've seen 2 costumes for most of the cast by now (well for most of the females and a few males ), which is also nice.

Hidden Garden and Miyabi look nice… thought Hidden Garden seems to be really small, kinda looked like there was a path leading somewhere else, they might have placed an invisible wall there. The lab stage looks like expected.

The way they implemented customization seems smart… basically gave players the option to save and shortlist costume configs without taking on all the burden of SCs full-blown customization. I assume you can grind out the in-game currency in off- and online activities to unlock stuff in that mode, though I'm almost 100% confident that they will sell premium hairstyles and accessories down the line. Actually, if they are really smart they should probably have seasons in ranked where you can unlock minor stuff like titles, or a minor hairstyle (existing style, different hair color) for participation/doing well enough.

TOBMAST3R

Impression: I do like the silence and peace + colors of the new stage "Hidden Garden". It is totally "ok" that there is an invisible wall. Same in DoA5's Zack Island stage - no one complained, why should you now?! Well - maybe there is a winter version where the lake is frozen. ;)

Zero looks not too special and Miyabi looks "good" so far. Maybe there is a restaurant at the other side of the stage, otherwise, it looks a bit empty. We'll see.

Kokoro looks "ok" to me, the new outfit for Tina is great. Lisa got the best new outfit this time. The presentation of the trailer seems to have a low resolution because some scenes do look really pixelated to me. Also, the anti aliasing in the "old DOA5" gym stage (Story Mode Scene) looks really "last gen".

Nico looks too "unreal"?! for my taste. She reminds me of Tekken's Alisa. While I like the fighting style, the character design seems not original enough. Hopefully, she's getting some new hair styles and fitting outfits.

Do you guys still believe, that there will be returning stages from the past? We can't be sure about "Aerial Garden". That scene with Kasumi and the fireflies could still be from another stage or is simply from a scene of the story mode.

Last edited:

DDominguez

If they're going for the in-game purchase customization route, it needs to be fleshed out like Tekken 6. Tops/Bottoms, Footwear, Accessories (Sunglasses? What kind of option is that?). Make it truly customizable.
A color picker MUST be a thing.

Pre-made costume selection has been DOA's thing. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
While some people create customs that look genuinly great in those games, usually I find they just end up looking bad/intentionally silly. I much prefer just the Pre-made costumes selection rather than what would largely be a bunch of mismatched parts had they gone big on customization. Even the shades on every character thing is already looking like it'll be an online eyesore that stops being funny after the first few fights and thats fairly tame

Honest question?.
Did anyone of you think than Diego and Nico looks cool?.
After all that is the focus of Shimbori is than DOA 6 should be less sexy and more "cooler".
Nico looks like a cosplayer trying to hard to look cute.

zoo

Honest question?.
After all that is the focus of Shimbori is than DOA 6 should be less sexy and more "cooler".
Well nico is clearly fanservice as she was literally revealed with a mouse pad, but to answer the question I personally dislike both designs. In fact they're the first core newcomers I don't like, mostly because it feels like they both cater more to ouside fandoms (diego looking straight out of tekken and nico from tokyo mirage sessions)

Sotherius

Honest question?.

Diego is awesome, and Nico is not my favorite design, but a lot of people are enjoying her already.

DDominguez

Honest question?.
Personally I actually like the addition of Diego. Don't know how he fits in the doa universe yet but at least his design (albeit a bit generic) looks cool, so I guess they achieved that goal.
Nico's design on the other hand is not only shockingly generic-modern-anime-girl, but also jarring in how she contrasts with any other character in the roster. At least her fighting style is looking "cool", but the design certainly isn't. Agreed that she looks like some cosplayer, which could be mildly funny if she was presented as a sorta comic relief character, but nah she's a "serious" scientist character instead.

I really feel like DOA 6 its having a identity crisis at the moment.
A lot of things feel disconected from others or contradict others.

Who knows what kind of directions shimbori is doing at the moment.

Also Diego offend me in a personal level, if that is the idea of shimbori of a hispanic character, well he should visite latinoamerica some, the guy is generic as fuck an not memorable at all.
Also why he is American?, porque no peruano, mexicano, colombiano or argentino?.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Kokoro in my opinion had one of the best face models and overall hair thickness/length in doa5 they unfortunately nerfed her in both departments :(

DDominguez

I really feel like DOA 6 its having a identity crisis at the moment.
A lot of things feel disconected from others or contradict others.

Who knows what kind of directions shimbori is doing at the moment.

Also Diego offend me in a personal level, if that is the idea of shimbori of a hispanic character, well he should visite latinoamerica some, the guy is generic as fuck an not memorable at all.
Also why he is American?, porque no peruano, mexicano, colombiano or argentino?.
I think "offense" is a little strong lol. But iirc, him being American was actually stated as to appeal to the larger American fanbase that also wanted a more diverse cast. Don't remember the exact interview though so I apoligise if that isn't entirely correct.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Now that I'm up and had some time to really judge her I can say I don't like her much, she's basically just an Alisa cyborg girl type clone and Luna from VV in a blue wig, it's a shame her design is so bad since her personality and style is actually pretty cool xD

I liked Lisa and Kokoro's new design and looks tho, especially Lisa with that high waist thong thing:oops: I also think that maybe that one Lisa design we saw at DualShockers that Jade posted is probably gonna be her deluxe preorder outfit since it wasn't in the trailer.
And I hope with the new customization mode that finally means we'll get hairstyles and eyewear as DLC like I said we should have got in LR, otherwise the mode will be pretty desolate and empty since alot of characters like the guys don't have alternate hairstyles

Tina2040_

TBH there's something just "off" about the feeling of the game. Come @ me. Especially with the storyline choices, outfits and locations, it feels like a continuation of DOA5 rather than a full-fledged sequel. A LOT of recycling at the moment.
I wish Tecmo would actually go with a gritty, dark vibe the first promo lead us to believe they were going for... but everything seems like a rehash of DOA5 besides the gameplay changes. The new characters are disappointing.

In DOA3/4 Christie seemed like a sadistic, wicked assassin. Now she looks like comic relief.

The new girl should've been someone like Nia Jax / Tamina from the WWE and be Christie's bodyguard.

Last edited:
I think "offense" is a little strong lol. But iirc, him being American was actually stated as to appeal to the larger American fanbase that also wanted a more diverse cast. Don't remember the exact interview though so I apoligise if that isn't entirely correct.
The problem is that all the racism we Latin american people get from American hispanic people.
They call us SUDACAS because they feel than they are superior for be born in that country, the mexicans make the same , and that is one of the reasons I want never comeback there.
You people maybe don't know this.

Also why Nico mouse pad image show her with big boobs when her character model she have small boobs?.
Isn't that false advertising?.

zoo

TBH there's something just "off" about the feeling of the game. Come @ me. Especially with the storyline choices, outfits and locations, it feels like a continuation of DOA5 rather than a full-fledged sequel. A LOT of recycling at the moment.
I wish Tecmo would actually go with a gritty, dark vibe the first promo lead us to believe they were going for... but everything seems like a rehash of DOA5 besides the gameplay changes. The new characters are disappointing.

In DOA3/4 Christie seemed like a sadistic, wicked assassin. Now she looks like comic relief.

The new girl should've been someone like Nia Jax / Tamina from the WWE and be Christie's bodyguard.
I wouldn't go that far since most of the cast have drastically different defaults, gameplay is changed, and we haven't seen much of anything from the story. The cutscenes already look better than 5 which isn't saying much. I agree about the new fighters. The entire rollout of the game has been exhausting with all the controversy and confusion of the game's tone which makes it feel off, just wish it'd release already so I can just play and ignore everything else lol

Yeah I feel the same its like if Shombori and Team Ninja didn't know what kind of direction they want to take.
The PR disaster din't help and the lack of compromise they show make it obvius than they don't know what route take.
Its like if they are trying to please everyone but they are not please everyone at the moment.
That its why two half of the fanbase are insulting and hating each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD