New (actually it's old) screen shared on Twitter:

DilsMqSV4AA3tHc.jpg:orig

OMG, lol:

Jannface.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Next screencap of the trailer posted on Twitter:

Dilsk_pU0AAD-0S.jpg:large

Again those monsters censor Kasumi's butt, which looks by the way massive from that pose and angle. More natural and fit bodies my butt. :p

Tyaren

Standard Donor
New screen:

DjK96ATUYAA8P27.jpg:orig

If you view the image in full view you can see that they added little scars (doesn't seem to battle damage but part of the regular model) to Jann Lee's face, which is a cool detail.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
New screen? Where dem new characters at? lol

None of the screens are really new. ;) After they uploaded all reveal screenshots to Twitter they went on to upload screencaps of the reveal trailer. The areally are scraping the bottom at this point.
I'm sure there will be plenty new footage next week. Maybe even new characters? Over on Resetera someone said the EVO game build is going to be a new, improved one.

werewolfgold

Huh. Well, if it's going to be a new build, one would think they'd have added some more characters and revealed them to it to entice people to come and try it out at EVO. But, the sign up deadline for EVO has passed, I believe.

I remember Maximillian saying that he had played a build that had characters he couldn't mention just yet a month ago, so...we'll see. They're probably slutting up all the female characters so people don't yell at them again. OMG physics incoming. lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I remember Maximillian saying that he had played a build that had characters he couldn't mention just yet a month ago, so...we'll see.

He got to play a version which also had Hayate and Hayabusa, other demo builds had just Kasumi, Helena, Jann and Zack.

They're probably slutting up all the female characters so people don't yell at them again. OMG physics incoming. lol

Lol, there won't be just slow motion face punches but also slow motion self knock outs.

e5cdc741a0367bbc2393fd853378800d.jpg

werewolfgold

He got to play a version which also had Hayate and Hayabusa, other demo builds had just Kasumi, Helena, Jann and Zack.
Huh. Any demo footage I've seen had the 6 characters available at the select screen. And why would he not want to mention literally the first two characters revealed? o_O

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Huh. Any demo footage I've seen had the 6 characters available at the select screen. And why would he not want to mention literally the first two characters revealed? o_O

There were two demos, one older build with 4 characters and a newer one with 6 (plus Hayate and Ryu), Max mentions it right at the beginning of this video:

Before this video Max wasn't sure if he was allowed to talk about and show Hayate and Ryu.

Speaking of Ryu...how do you guys find his new DOA6 exclusive black falcon suit? How does it compare to the old versions for you?

43691180961_b9ed1e20cf_o.jpg

I'm torn... :/ I think it looks cool and intricate, but it's also a bit overdesigned and I'm not sure if I like the armored look simply because it makes imo not much sense for Ryu as someone who is supposed to be fast and nimble. Ninja Gaiden 3's suit remains my favorite.

werewolfgold

I actually like the NG2 one. The metal is good for contrast. The DOA6 one looks too much like a mish-mash of different gray shades and nothing stands out that much. Though I suppose ninja aren't supposed to stand out that much.

The DOA6 version kind of reminds me of the Nolan Batman movie designs.

Sotherius

Speaking of Ryu...how do you guys find his new DOA6 exclusive black falcon suit? How does it compare to the old versions for you?
To me all of them feel overdesigned, and when i got first into the Ninja Gaiden series, i didn't like any of those, in general, the black falcon has grew on me, all of them, and i really like the new one, just hoping we get a Ninja Gaiden 4 soon.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The DOA6 version kind of reminds me of the Nolan Batman movie designs.

Funny you mention Batman, because the armored/military weapon look for Ryu reminded me a lot of the same direction they were going in Arkham Knight:

img467.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

it looks like he's wearing a skintight jumpsuit with leather parts randomly assembled, the mask looks like plastic and not like its part of his scarf like the DOA5 version does....(despite having fabric textures) it looks like a mish mash of the previous 3 but it just doesn't work IMO.

I'd take Busa in just a plain shozoku over the LBF though.

TheDragonAwakens

NG2 had the best crest while NG3 had the best body armor.

DOA6 LBF is the worst out of the bunch, both the crest and the armor.

Crest: NG2 > NG1 > NG3 > DOA6

Armor: NG3 > NG1 > NG2 > DOA6

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
it looks like he's wearing a skintight jumpsuit with leather parts randomly assembled, the mask looks like plastic and not like its part of his scarf like the DOA5 version does....(despite having fabric textures) it looks like a mish mash of the previous 3 but it just doesn't work IMO.

I too noticed some inconsistencies with the material textures and shaders. Metal doesn't really look like metal and the leather and cloth parts have a plasticy look to it. The suit also seems more dark grey than black. They probably have to experiment and adjust a couple of things in this new engine. Visually the game seems to be in its earlier development stages. Even the notorious breast physics weren't implemented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD