Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
New screenshots (rather video screen captures):

Diqet-EV4AAlc0l.jpg:orig

Diqet-FVAAAcetA.jpg:orig

Leifasumi

I mentioned before how I preferred the DOA3 version of Hayabusa's ninja's outfit over the mess we got later on and the same goes for Ayane's main DOA2 costume. I really like the Yellow ribbon from DOA3 over that ugly orange ribbon she got in U2 and later games

Ayane_Dead_or_Alive_5_Ultimate.jpg

latest

I am probably alone on this one lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

It's really not that big of a deal, I could go on about Ein's redesign in DOA5 but it really doesn't matter its still the same costume but now with the added bonus of some sweet shades and a hot guy underneath them lol

Though, I do wish his mesh shirt actually was a mesh shirt and not a brown mess shirt.

Cadaveri

It's really not that big of a deal, I could go on about Ein's redesign in DOA5 but it really doesn't matter its still the same costume but now with the added bonus of some sweet shades and a hot guy underneath them lol

Though, I do wish his mesh shirt actually was a mesh shirt and not a brown mess shirt.

Hope we get matrix jacket for Ein this time (... or Ein for that matter lol) :thumbs up:

latest

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I mentioned before how I preferred the DOA3 version of Hayabusa's ninja's outfit over the mess we got later on and the same goes for Ayane's main DOA2 costume. I really like the Yellow ribbon from DOA3 over that ugly orange ribbon she got in U2 and later games

Ayane_Dead_or_Alive_5_Ultimate.jpg

latest

I am probably alone on this one lol

You are right on this one and traditional color theory agrees with you because violet and yellow are complementary colors.
Violet and orange are a bit off that balance and don't mesh as well.
On top of that the specific shades of violet and orange are particularly ugly together. The violet is too dark and desaturated and the orange is too dark as well but too saturated. The designer seemed to have an off day. ;)

I by the way always really liked that costume. It is THE iconic costume of Ayane, like the classic, blue garb is Kasumi's iconic costume. It however only really works in the anime style games of the series. It looks off since DOA5 embraced a more realistic art style. The magically fixed in place arm parts are one reason, lol.

KwonJigglypuff

You are right on this one and traditional color theory agrees with you because violet and yellow are complementary colors.
Violet and orange are a bit off that balance and don't mesh as well.
On top of that the specific shades of violet and orange are particularly ugly together. The violet is too dark and desaturated and the orange is too dark as well but too saturated. The designer seemed to have an off day. ;)

I by the way always really liked that costume. It is THE iconic costume of Ayane, like the classic, blue garb is Kasumi's iconic costume. It however only really works in the anime style games of the series. It looks off since DOA5 embraced a more realistic art style. The magically fixed in place arm parts are one reason, lol.

I don't think the realistic approach is the problem, I think it is because the textures did not pay them justice. Look at Helena's C2. It looked like really bad latex.

Ceviche

I don't think the realistic approach is the problem, I think it is because the textures did not pay them justice. Look at Helena's C2. It looked like really bad latex.

I think most of Helena's outfits from DOA2 to DOA4 would look of in DOA6 like they did in DOA5. They look too much over the top , and I think the more subtle references of a "I'm a French opera singer" in DOA5 (her C1 and C3) are the way to go.

KwonJigglypuff

TN has been using screenshots from the trailer for a few days. It's time for new content now!

Helena looks wild, that face is so "vulgar". Love it.

Also, that picture is like it's saying "look, we still have cleavage and panty shots" to reassure the angry immature spammers.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
TN has been using screenshots from the trailer for a few days. It's time for new content now!

Helena looks wild, that face is so "vulgar". Love it.

Also, that picture is like it's saying "look, we still have cleavage and panty shots" to reassure the angry immature spammers.
That and "Look Kasumi still has peppermint creams!".

The aggression from Helena so far in 6 is real af though. It's almost like she's tired of everyone's crap so shes here to lay down Piquaquan justice on all these "Godly" Shinobi.

Jadeinchains

Hmm...For some reason I stopped getting alerts from this thread on Friday?...maybe it was to save me from seeing that image of Lisa you posted @Tyaren ?! :p ( Which I've said before but I'll say again It's a pre release image from before doa5 even came out, before the finished release her hair would become Brown and her skin darkened to how it should be but it hadn't been yet at that point ) but anyway I'm extremely excited to see how she'll look in doa6. :)

And oh that new screenshot looks nice, Helena's expression looks really great.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hmm...For some reason I stopped getting alerts from this thread on Friday?...maybe it was to save me from seeing that image of Lisa you posted @Tyaren ?! :p ( Which I've said before but I'll say again It's a pre release image from before doa5 even came out, before the finished release her hair would become Brown and her skin darkened to how it should be but it hadn't been yet at that point ) but anyway I'm extremely excited to see how she'll look in doa6. :)

First Lisa image was leaked:

0fgjhs1jd4l8vu8cr8.2b7c7156.jpg

I like the traditional African garb. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD