Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
i meant every character introduce in DOA not in the other game. even Nyotengu, Marie Rose and Phase 4 is new character, it's first shown in DOA not any other game.plus i think we can skip NES ninja gaiden.
Hayabusa was introduced in another game as well, the same series as Momiji and Rachel to be precise. He has been a part of the DOA cast since DOA1 so why aren’t Momiji and Rachel a part of the DOA cast but Hayabusa is? The only difference between them is that he was added way back and they were added 4-5 years ago.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I bet they are still just DLC though...
Not part of the story, but popular, perfect DLC characters.

Raansu

Leifang's DOA5 cheongsam is as sexy as Helena's DOA6 cheongsam. By that logic they woud've kept it.
Hitomi's tank top and jeans costume in DOA5 is also not that sexy. Looks pretty "cool" to me:

dead_or_alive_5_hitomi_demo_by_armachamcorp-d6cxb8f.jpg

It looks as if Leifang's DOA6 default costume will be similarly revealing and formfitting.

I absolutely hate that default. I was so happy to finally get the denim outfit back. I'll be slightly annoyed if the denim outfit is missing from launch again.

Funny you say that, her original gi had a black shirt underneath

View attachment 25548

I just wanna say that 17 years later DoA3 graphically still looks fanfuckingtastic.

juliusxcix

since we're on the topic of who will/wont make it into doa6, here is my educated guess at the launch roster.

green= confirmed ; blue=will most likely be in doa6 ; orange= in danger of being cut ; red=theyre gone ; yellow=wildcards

im pretty sure alpha and phase are gone. the ninjas seemed to have picked up some of phase's uniqueness so i dont really see a point in having her. alpha is just there. i feel like theyll introduce another boss. maybe donovan? i think genfu will "pass the tourch" to eliot and he will pick up some more of genfu's moves while also remaining his own character. lisa is in danger only because i think she died HLJSHDJLAHDJA. maybe she survived idk but she feels too unique to drop so maybe dlc down the line? nyo SCREAMS day1/preorder dlc. momiji and rachel, as this thread knows, are up for debate. bradwong is a wildcard to me because he has a signature fighting style and no one can compare but hes also just... there. mila has 0 popularity and it seems like diego came to do what mila couldnt. bass also just there. raidou is probably the one i expect to come back out of all of my wild cards bc he actually has story. so my predicted roster is;

kasumi, ayane, ryu, hayate, helena, kokoro, bayman, christie, rig, jann lee, zack, diego, eliot, tina, leifang, hitomi, bradwong?, raidou?, honoka, marie, newfemale1, & donovan. 22 characters at launch. 11 male 11 female. ((((unless we add momiji and rachel then its 24 with 13 female))))
doalist.jpg

delSai

Love how most of the characters i like are in danger of being cut or wildcards lol

Losing my characters in DOA6 would be in line with other fighting games though, so i guess im used to it by now

Onryoki

Standard Donor
im pretty sure phase is gone.
giphy.gif

Let me tell you why that is. Phase 4 is still a prototype clone in 5. According to the call Rig had with Donovan at the very end of the DOA story he said everything is going according to their plan. The plan to create the perfect weapon, Phase 4 will most likely be in 6 because Alpha died in 5, so it’s to be expected that she will return to the DOA roster because we wouldn’t have any clones in the roster and we both know that one spot in the DOA roster is for a clone. In an interview Shimbori said that they will continue with the clone and cyborg story so Raidou and Phase 4 are basically confirmed already.

Donovan won’t be a playable character because Diego is the new Male character and we only get one more new character in the roster which is a female character.

The DOA roster at launch will most likely be:
:ayane::bass::bayman::bradwong::christie::eliot::genfu::hayate::helena::hitomi::honoka::jannlee::kasumi::kokoro::lisa::leifang::marierose::mila::momiji::nyotengu::phase4::rachel::cyborg::rig::hayabusa::tina::zack: + Diego and a new Female character.
That leaves us at 29 characters at launch.

A smaller roster in my opinion, is better. It will be easier to remember the character movelist and their "weaknesses"
If you’re already experienced in 5 and know the characters’ weaknesses in this game it won’t really be that hard remember their strengths and weaknesses since they barely have changed. The only new characters that people would have to learn are Diego and the new girl.

KnacKrover

....if TN said they'll be all playable...but not included him? :leon: ok then, I don't wanna give high hope that he would be in roster or anything...if you (Team Ninja) actually abandoned him in 6 vanilla for some reasons.

Princess Kasumi

If you’re already experienced in 5 and know the characters’ weaknesses in this game it won’t really be that hard remember their strengths and weaknesses since they barely have changed. The only new characters that people would have to learn are Diego and the new girl.[/QUOTE]
This is impossible, when I also play other videogames. Cutting down the roster is of course a must. I barely know Mai, Nao, Hon, Rai, Lisa, Nyo and Genfu and a few others.

I have figured out that you and some of the other active members on this forum, is not really here for the gameplay, but only for the graphic, character design. There is an endless conversation about dirty, sweat, costume design and how Team Ninja has been sexualising the male characters.

Let's be real, I don't check out how much dirty or sweat my opponent has, I look out for his next up-coming attack and what I shall be doing next.

Honestly, I can understand why DOA is sadly not seen as a "real" fighting game, while the topic is 80% of the apperance.

Raansu

giphy.gif

Let me tell you why that is. Phase 4 is still a prototype clone in 5. According to the call Rig had with Donovan at the very end of the DOA story he said everything is going according to their plan. The plan to create the perfect weapon, Phase 4 will most likely be in 6 because Alpha died in 5, so it’s to be expected that she will return to the DOA roster because we wouldn’t have any clones in the roster and we both know that one spot in the DOA roster is for a clone. In an interview Shimbori said that they will continue with the clone and cyborg story so Raidou and Phase 4 are basically confirmed already.

Donovan won’t be a playable character because Diego is the new Male character and we only get one more new character in the roster which is a female character.

The DOA roster at launch will most likely be:
:ayane::bass::bayman::bradwong::christie::eliot::genfu::hayate::helena::hitomi::honoka::jannlee::kasumi::kokoro::lisa::leifang::marierose::mila::momiji::nyotengu::phase4::rachel::cyborg::rig::hayabusa::tina::zack: + Diego and a new Female character.
That leaves us at 29 characters at launch.

If you’re already experienced in 5 and know the characters’ weaknesses in this game it won’t really be that hard remember their strengths and weaknesses since they barely have changed. The only new characters that people would have to learn are Diego and the new girl.

Being part of a continuing plot doesn't necessarily mean they will be playable. Personally I don't want phase to come back. Kasumi is more than enough, we don't need a bunch of Kasumi clones.

Last edited:

Princess Kasumi

Being part of a continuing plot doesn't necessarily mean they will be playable. Personally I don't want phase to come back. Kasumi is more than enough, we don't need a bunch of Kasumo clones.
I guess, Team Ninja needs to release a whole new DOA game with dress-up and photoshoot gameplay. To please those people who are only here for the sweat, dirt, character design, clothing, other tiny details and not for the actual gameplay.

Hayabusiness

Then what are you doing in a redesign thread? There are plenty gameplay speculation threads on DOA6.

Not to mention, removing characters is also removing movesets, strictly talking about gameplay. A smaller cast might be more balanced, but it's still 20+ characters we're talking about.

Jadeinchains

Your literally in a thread that's purpose is to discuss designs...shouldn't be that much of a shocker that people are discussing character designs and outfits in this thread...

if your looking for discussion of the technical aspects of the game theres other threads on the forum for that you could go to.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
This is impossible, when I also play other videogames. Cutting down the roster is of course a must. I barely know Mai, Nao, Hon, Rai, Lisa, Nyo and Genfu and a few others.

I have figured out that you and some of the other active members on this forum, is not really here for the gameplay, but only for the graphic, character design. There is an endless conversation about dirty, sweat, costume design and how Team Ninja has been sexualising the male characters.

Let's be real, I don't check out how much dirty or sweat my opponent has, I look out for his next up-coming attack and what I shall be doing next.

Honestly, I can understand why DOA is sadly not seen as a "real" fighting game, while the topic is 80% of the apperance.

Hold on, did you just say that I’m just here for the graphics and the characters? I play dead or alive almost daily, I’m definitely here for the gameplay. Don’t assume, because it definitely makes look stupid. The fact that you don’t know these characters doesn’t mean that their overall weaknesses and flaws change in 6. Most of the frame data will most likely be the same in 6 with some minor adjustments here and there. Just because we’re discussing the character and their appearance and such doesn’t mean that we don’t play DOA as a fighting game. Yes we have members like @Tyaren who focus more on the graphics, or players like @TOBMAST3R who like to photograph in DOA, or players who like to design costumes like @Boogie. That doesn’t mean we are any less DOA players than you simply because you decide to focus on the gameplay. Get off your high horse, girl.

Being part of a continuing plot doesn't necessarily mean they will be playable. Personally I don't want phase to come back. Kasumi is more than enough, we don't need a bunch of Kasumo clones.
It’s a fucking Kasumi clone for Christ sake, of course she’ll be playable. It would be weird to create an entire new clone and add it to the cast with a complete move set and everything to just make her unplayable in the next instalment. Seriously, are you that stupid or are you just kidding because that post seems like a huge fucking joke to me.

(Sorry for double posting).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Yesterday you discussed a Marie Rose costume design that you liked yourself, and that was created by me.

Creating content takes some effort and dedication too. Everyone here is contributing differently to the series. No one's contribution is better or lesser. No one is a "truer fan" because he/she is mainly just playing the game, or creating content for the game or because he/she paid several hundred bucks on bikini and fetish DLC.

Last but not least, you are in the character redesign thread in the DOA6 general discussion forum. Maybe you are in the wrong section here and not us. Here's the way to the DOA6 system discussion forum:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/forums/dead-or-alive-6-system-discussion.85/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD