Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The funny thing is that this has 3x the views of the official World's anthem performance cause uhh kpop (and Mako)

I think there's a bit more happening than just K-pop though. ;) The video is a great marketing tool. It's music (a genre many like), it's fanservice galore and it's artistically/cinematographically very pleasing. Even my fellow non-gamer, none-anime, none-K-pop privy design classmates were all damn impressed by that aspect when I showed them the video. This video reaches a lot of folks new to the game. Now they know what League of Legends is. Me too actually. I've heard of it before and I've seen some fan arts, but now I am a lot more aware.
It's like those pretty and entertaining Overwatch short films that many like even though they don't like the actual game, just on steroids marketing wise.

Bacaww

I think there's a bit more happening than just K-pop though. ;) The video is a great marketing tool. It's music (a genre many like), it's fanservice galore and it's artistically/cinematographically very pleasing. Even my fellow non-gamer, none-anime, none-K-pop privy design classmates were all damn impressed by that aspect when I showed them the video. This video reaches a lot of folks new to the game. Now they know what League of Legends is. Me too actually. I've heard of it before and I've seen some fan arts, but now I am a lot more aware.
It's like those pretty and entertaining Overwatch short films that many like even though they don't like the actual game, just on steroids marketing wise.
That is one thing video game companies almost never fail to excel at these days. Great marketing tactics indeed

legibifou

Here is the first batch of photo montages that I made to show Team Ninja what DOA6 could look like with finer graphics, bigger stages and - above all - with a come back to an artistic vision of their stages.
I took some Uncharted 4 in-game background landscapes and put our DOA6 fighters inside. I would LOVE to fight in these kind of stages !
DOAxUncharted2.jpg

DOAxUncharted1.jpg
DOAxUncharted4.jpg

Leifang12

Here is the first batch of photo montages that I made to show Team Ninja what DOA6 could look like with finer graphics, bigger stages and - above all - with a come back to an artistic vision of their stages.
I took some Uncharted 4 in-game background landscapes and put our DOA6 fighters inside. I would LOVE to fight in these kind of stages !
View attachment 26369
View attachment 26370View attachment 26371

See this is what I’m talking about !!!!!!

Sotherius

Talk about complaining with a belly full.

First, DOA 6 dinosaur stage and the ship shows how good the stages of the games look.

Second, this is a fighting game, where performance matters the most. Take landscapes from uncharted 4? a game that runs at 30 fps? are you kidding me? You guys get the best looking 3d fighter out there, and you are still complaining about how it looks?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
View attachment 26369
View attachment 26370View attachment 26371

This is awesome! O:

dhMeAzK.gif

Yes, this is what I expected DOA stages to look like.

Second, this is a fighting game, where performance matters the most. Take landscapes from uncharted 4? a game that runs at 30 fps? are you kidding me? You guys get the best looking 3d fighter out there, and you are still complaining about how it looks?

Oh, come on, lol, these are meant as concepts. No one is asking TN to literally use Uncharted 4 levels as stages. XD

Also, even DOA3 had more beautiful stages than DOA6, and that was back on the original Xbox, one of the reasons I explained here:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/lets-talk-about-redesigns.7096/page-103#post-381666

Last edited:

RetroMe91

I personally (still) think you need a mix of stages, big and small. That way the variety is mixed and forces you to use different strategies. But to me the game play matters more than how the stage aesthetic, especially when they already look great and people are just being nit picky IMO.

zoo

While I do miss the lively aesthetic from the pre doa5 stages, I can appreciate 6 for looking more vibrant than 5. That game was straight up dull and I hated the lighting, compared to 6 which is a clear step up from that. Really brings out the beauty in 5's character designs too

Brute

Standard Donor
While I do miss the lively aesthetic from the pre doa5 stages, I can appreciate 6 for looking more vibrant than 5. That game was straight up dull and I hated the lighting, compared to 6 which is a clear step up from that.
I must disagree completely. The lighting is absolutely atrocious in 6. It's either way too bright or way too dark with absolutely nothing in-between. 5's lighting wasn't good, but at least it wasn't distracting, and I could always easily see what was going on without straining my eyes, which I'm unable to do in 6.

Raansu

I must disagree completely. The lighting is absolutely atrocious in 6. It's either way too bright or way too dark with absolutely nothing in-between. 5's lighting wasn't good, but at least it wasn't distracting, and I could always easily see what was going on without straining my eyes, which I'm unable to do in 6.

No way, even with brightness turned up, 5's stages were stupid dark. The worst is the bottom part of scramble. Dark stage with ambient fire lighting and characters models blend into the stage way too well. I hate that stage. I have such a hard time telling whats going on with the characters.

juliusxcix

have you PLAYED the game? or are you making assumptions based on streams and youtube videos?

Brute

Standard Donor
No way, even with brightness turned up, 5's stages were stupid dark. The worst is the bottom part of scramble. Dark stage with ambient fire lighting and characters models blend into the stage way too well. I hate that stage. I have such a hard time telling whats going on with the characters.
Bottom floor Scramble was not as dark as DOA6's street stage.

have you PLAYED the game? or are you making assumptions based on streams and youtube videos?
Is there a particular reason you feel this is a relevant question? It makes no difference whether I was playing it or watching HD footage of it. The lighting is going to be the same. You might be able to change that with different TV settings, but again, that applies equally to footage or live. Hypothetically you might be able to change the graphical settings to alter it as well, but no one has mentioned an ability to do that yet, so again, irrelevant.

Raansu

Bottom floor Scramble was not as dark as DOA6's street stage.

Is there a particular reason you feel this is a relevant question? It makes no difference whether I was playing it or watching HD footage of it. The lighting is going to be the same. You might be able to change that with different TV settings, but again, that applies equally to footage or live. Hypothetically you might be able to change the graphical settings to alter it as well, but no one has mentioned an ability to do that yet, so again, irrelevant.

You can't really say that since video compression can impact lighting.

werewolfgold

l0l are you people SERIOUSLY claiming that Brute didn't play DOA5?
They're assuming he hasn't played DOA6 in person, and that videos he may have seen may not be reflective of how the game actually looks. But, yeah, the lighting is overblown at times. We've seen enough direct capture footage to ascertain that.

I actually have played it in person and what you're seeing is pretty much what you get.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I agree with Brute, the lighting in DOA6 is inconsistent. In some stages it's way too bright and washed out (Lost Paradise and Road Rage) and in other stages it's too dark and dull (Throwdown and Forbidden Fortune).
It's imo also often unaesthetic. I really don't like what it does to the character's skin. Christie looks way to washed out and yellow here.

DrAaOT8VAAARwx0.jpg

Doesn't this color and gradation corrected image look way nicer?
lighting.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD