Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliusxcix

We will have a 27 character roster though, 25 base roster, 2 DLC. We already have 21 characters. 18 revealed and 3 announced/leaked (Kokoro, Lisa and the New chick). The 4 that aren’t revealed yet might be Raidou, Brad Wong, Gen fu and Eliot.
thats what i was saying. youd need to fill in the spots. 25 including phase and nyo would be favored. with 26 being a secret raidou unlick. i highly doubt hes gonna get an announcement trailer only bc it wouldnt be doa without secret unlocks. (usually the bosses)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
thats what i was saying. youd need to fill in the spots. 25 including phase and nyo would be favored. with 26 being a secret raidou unlick. i highly doubt hes gonna get an announcement trailer only bc it wouldnt be doa without secret unlocks. (usually the bosses)

Why would they not have a reveal trailer for him for DOA6, but have one for him for DOA5LR? Also where do you get the number 26 from? If you mean that button picture it clearly shows one completely blank meaning it doesn’t have a character.

Hypothetically, they could cut Gen Fu and Raidou for fan favorites Momiji and Rachel, but I see them using those two as DLC for just how much money they would make off of them. It’s also possible they would use Alpha instead of Raidou again, but let’s hope not...
That would be stupid quite frankly. Alpha died, there’s no real reason for her to return.

Macca Beam

because he's sold as DLC in LR. you need the trailer to get people to notice
if he's a special snowflake boss in 6, it's doubtful he will have a trailer

Onryoki

Standard Donor
because he's sold as DLC in LR. you need the trailer to get people to notice
if he's a special snowflake boss in 6, it's doubtful he will have a trailer
Literally every single character that got revealed so far was in a trailer. I still haven’t seen one good reason why he won’t have a trailer like the rest of the cast.

Macca Beam

because being an unlockable boss character would make him different from the rest of the cast?

though i don't know where this whole "raidou is a secret character" business is coming from, just playing along with you two and giving an explanation as to why it's common sense to not make a public announcement about something that's supposed to be hidden ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RetroMe91

If they do a hidden character for the first time in a long time, then they would likely tease the character.

Although for 5, they did just show off Gen Fu and the Virtua Fighters and they were all “hidden” characters as well. They had to be unlocked first.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
because being an unlockable boss character would make him different from the rest of the cast?

though i don't know where this whole "raidou is a secret character" business is coming from, just playing along with you two and giving an explanation as to why it's common sense to not make a public announcement about something that's supposed to be hidden ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Raidou isn’t gonna be a “hidden” character, I don’t even know who came up with that nonsense.

Ted E. Bear

i did the math. so far, there are 18 characters revealed. allegedly, there are 25 characters in the game. means that seven characters remain unrevealed, if we go with that. the new female, kokoro and lisa are not officially released yet, but they will be in the game. 4 spots are still free but eliot and brad will be in this for sure. so it boils down to 2 characters we know nothing about. i'm sure raidou will return as a boss. i'm not saying as the final boss but still. the last character will be gen fu in my opinion. i don't think tn would release a main game without the original 8 characters.
prove. me. wrong.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Raidou isn’t gonna be a “hidden” character, I don’t even know who came up with that nonsense.

I mean DOA did provide hidden characters before because of the history for each game doing it. Truthfully, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they did do 1-2 characters as hidden unlocks so I wouldn't say they are wrong in the situation. It's a pretty genuine prediction honestly, not confirmed but I wouldn't doubt it either.

By the time DOA6 vanilla is laid back until the game upgrade, one would assume the hidden ones won't be locked anymore.

Last edited:

TOBMAST3R

Someone said that "snow" is falling down in that new Road Rage stage. Can someone confirm this? If so, it wasn't really redesigned. It looks exactly like in DOA5. Hopefully, it is just particle effects from the fire and other surroundings.

And if that is really supposed to be snow, Team Ninja could re-redesign it into the DOA2U and DOA3 "snow falling" level, which was close to look like photorealistic.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-03 um 07.41.43.png

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Someone said that "snow" is falling down in that new Road Rage stage. Can someone confirm this? If so, it wasn't really redesigned. It looks exactly like in DOA5. Hopefully, it is just particle effects from the fire and other surroundings.

And if that is really supposed to be snow, Team Ninja could re-redesign it into the DOA2U and DOA3 "snow falling" level, which was close to look like photorealistic.

View attachment 26345

Might just be weird lighting placements or test colors, but even then, it definitely seems to be cement scrapes of ash. It'll probably be different on the final build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD