Level of competition online is at an all times series low.

Kritoth

I don't play online anymore because I know I'll get into bad habits if I do. I don't have some of you player's ability to play offline different than online. Also my connection, while not 1 bar, is not visible which makes people fear the lag monster when I play lobby. I've also only come across boosters or noobs as of late. I will say the few games I've played with some of you. (Rikuto, Brute, Higura,) Have been fun, though I know I must have been of little challenge.

Reactions: d3v

xINFINITELIGHTx

Yes one day you will reach the level as I have where their is nobody or nothing that can defeat you in the game and yuou will decide to either keep going or stop. I decided to stop but when I reach that level again I will decide to keep going.

JESUS IS LROD EVERYBODY HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

d3v

People here are too focused on the online scene when they should just learn to accept that the netcode is mediocre and work on building the competitive offline scene instead. Look at games with shitty online like UMvC3, KoFXIII and MK9. That never stopped them from building their scenes up (especially MK which never really had that big a scene before 9). Instead of complaining about online, howabout you actually find a way to get the other players in your region to meet up and play offline.

peachyO

People here are too focused on the online scene when they should just learn to accept that the netcode is mediocre and work on building the competitive offline scene instead. Look at games with shitty online like UMvC3, KoFXIII and MK9. That never stopped them from building their scenes up (especially MK which never really had that big a scene before 9). Instead of complaining about online, howabout you actually fibd a way to get the other players in your region to meet up and play offline.

i must agree. coming from the competitive MK scene, i can assure you that DOA5's net code is god-like compared to MK9's. plus, you CAN simulate varying levels of lag in training...it actually has been a helpful feature to me. also, i don't have a problem finding tough players to fight online. i'm not great, and i would like to become a great player, but that's not possible if the best players (if you are having trouble finding good competition i assume you qualify) don't keep an online presence. if nothing else, play so that others can get better; it never hurts a game to have lots of skilled players on the scene. i know i would appreciate it.

d3v

We need more people just coming to events, regardless of skill level. To quote from a friend on SRK.

...It doesn't fucking matter if you're "not a tournament player" or anything. If you live nearby, JUST GO TO THE FUCKING TOURNAMENT. Socialize for once in your life. I've never been a tournament player, but when I was more active in the FGC (2k4-2k7), I went to every tournament I could go to, NEC, ECC, Evo, etc... Doesn't fucking matter. Get your ass out there and support the damn community. If it's something you love to do... I mean, if you love basketball, do you just shoot hoops with your Huffy in your driveway? Come on now...

peachyO

Peachy0 if you really do play offline show up to the NorCal gatherings. There is a scene here its nothing like the East, but still its something. The scene is in the bay area like evetything else.
Peachy0 if you really do play offline show up to the NorCal gatherings. There is a scene here its nothing like the East, but still its something. The scene is in the bay area like evetything else.
I would love to! i am in san francisco, where do the gatherings happen? hopefully close by. i can travel some, depending on work/school schedule.

Koompbala

I would love to! i am in san francisco, where do the gatherings happen? hopefully close by. i can travel some, depending on work/school schedule.

In the San Ramon area sometimes Sac. Last one that happened was San Ramon and it was VF and DoA.

peachyO

In the San Ramon area sometimes Sac. Last one that happened was San Ramon and it was VF and DoA.
sac may not really be feasible for me most of the time, but san ramon is much more doable! but, i'm new to DOA, i'm not that good (i don't think), and my only experience is from online fights. maybe i would just hold everyone back? if no one minds my inexperience, it would be great fun!

Koompbala

sac may not really be feasible for me most of the time, but san ramon is much more doable! but, i'm new to DOA, i'm not that good (i don't think), and my only experience is from online fights. maybe i would just hold everyone back? if no one minds my inexperience, it would be great fun!

Nonsense, oh the worries of the new player. I remember those days. Your attendance will benefit both sides. You can learn offline have fun and your attendance will help the scene thrive. It works for all, so yeah start posting in the NorCal thread. Just introduce yourself a 2nd time. That way you'll be subscribed to the thread.

Akumasama

I remember DOA2 and 4 having a lot of decent players online, that did more than mash holds and learned combos, set ups, characters etc. . . DOA5 it's very rare to meet someone that's even half decent.

I'm not bragging, because I'm not some super top tier player, just find competition to be devoid of skill and effort online.
Overall I agree with this but it's hard to judge because of how the online system is different.
They moved from DoA's unique style to a copypaste of every other BEU online so it's hard to judge objectively.

My impression is that yes, user-base in DoAU and DOA4 was more competent overall.
Also, at least on european times, I'd dare to say that usually there are more competent players on X360 than they are on PS3.

(This doesn't mean that there aren't good players on PS3 of course...)

Fantastic Damage

I remember DOA2 and 4 having a lot of decent players online, that did more than mash holds and learned combos, set ups, characters etc. . . DOA5 it's very rare to meet someone that's even half decent.

I'm not bragging, because I'm not some super top tier player, just find competition to be devoid of skill and effort online.

It's because they all went to Tekken... Smart choice.

RubinRoon

Most good players are american. I know i would get my head smashed in, but I`d really love to challange some of you guys. The problem is; is it possible to have a decent match between a european and an american player? I am talking about the lag. I tried to play with someone from the states, but the input delay was about half or a full second. My question is; did you ever have a decent match (concerning the connection) with a european player?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD