DOA5U "Lisa, it's your birthday!" DOA5U Lisa General Discussion Thread

Nameless Sama

Hello People ! I am searching the whole day players. I want ot make for my 400 Subcirber a Combo video contains all characters but I am not godd with everyone cause I am focus on 1 Character. As a Lisa player I want form you if you really want to join that you can some powerlauncher combos to a near object and some stage combos ! I am really glad for any help. if you have questions please feel free to tell me on my side or write a PN. required a PSN account

Batcommander

the thing is I don't know how to reach critical burst because only certain moves give lv 2 while only certain moves carries the stun to lv 3

if my opponent is at lv 2 stun, I may want to bring him to lv 3 stun, but I don't know which move gives me lv 3.
Lisa, in my opinion, is not really good at critical burst, mostly because most of her faster mids can be slow escaped before you can land the CB move.

As a general rule, high attacks give a lot of advantage. If you're at level 2 critical, chances are you can tack on a jab or two and be at level 3 with plenty of unstaggerable advantage to boot. Unfortunately, being high attacks, they can be avoided by high and low holds.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
From now on I'm not going to refer to Lisa as a Grappler, I'm just gonna call her a Reverse Grappler, lol.

Mainly because she doesn't have nearly as many Throw moves as Bass and Tina, no, instead she has Offensive Holds out the ass. Reverse Grappler!

AkaShocka

Y'know what I find unique about Lisa? She is a grappler but doesn't "technically" behave like one. Yea she has OHs and many throws but every other grappler (excluding Ryu) in the game have ground throws and a lot more combo throws or multi-part throws but she doesn't. Out of the grapplers, or compared to the other grapplers, she's more of a striker character. Tina and Mila use OHs more and Lisa actually "hits" more than she would throw. Also she has more stances which is great. She even has strings that put her in these other stances (like Helena) which is also a plus. I actually like the way Lisa is right now. Some people say she needs ground throws and others say she needs more OHs. But I think she is great as is.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Making a list of Throw Frame Traps(I guess) for Lisa. Gonna update it as I go.

AkaShocka

Hm. I was brainstorming some new random moves for Lisa and I thought of a new BT mid kick launcher thats unholdable! But I can't picture how it would look. Any ideas? That idea alone would make her mix up game and BT shenanigans a lot better imo.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Hm. I was brainstorming some new random moves for Lisa and I thought of a new BT mid kick launcher thats unholdable! But I can't picture how it would look. Any ideas? That idea alone would make her mix up game and BT shenanigans a lot better imo.
a mid kick version of BT :6::T: where instead of Booty Facing them, she springs up from her hands with a fearsome kick with both feet.

I think a jumping pelvic thrust will be funnier. reverse booty bump!
T_Shirt_Logo___Pelvic_Thrust_by_NeoAvan001.png

Gruff757

Standard Donor
So the idea behind these is to use them when you manage to get the opponent to respect you mid string and not going ham on you every single possible moment. If you do use these and the opponent starts wising up we have OH's and the rest of the strings to mess with their heads with. It's all about the conditioning baby!

I believe it might also get you some :3::H+P:s in if you play your cards right :lisa:

Throw Traps

:4::4::H+P: / :6::H+P: (i6)

NH
:K: (+6)
:4::P: (+8)

CH

:4::H+P: (i8)

NH
:P::K: (+9) [The Distance seems pretty wonky at times]
CH
:2::K: (+10)

:2::1::4::H+P: / :4::1::2::3::6::H+P: / :6::4::H+P: (i11)

NH
:6::6::P: (+11)
CAR :P: (+13)

CH
Haven't found any

To be updated if I find anymore

Last edited:

ailingeternity

Anything unholdable is OP in my opinion, but it's a game mechanic I believe some characters deserve to have more than others. I think her BT game is fine as it is, she has all the necessary tools to force a decent mixup game in this regard, what she needs is more guaranteed advantage with her BT transitions on CH and when used during stun (:6::P::4::P: and :3::K: series especially) so she can effectively make use of her strong 50/50 options as slow escaping is so effective against her, giving her too many BT options will start making her a clone of Ayane who is the queen of the BT game and I think it should stay that way. If her BT game was to be explored more however I think what would be great is a steppable sit-down stun that looks like a backwards somersault (BT :8::K: input?), is unsafe (-9 maybe?) but grants sit-down stun on NH and guarantees at the least a free :3::3::K:, a BT transition could be included but have more recovery.

Last edited:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
:H+K::4: Needs to happen :oops:
it has a perfect animation to go into BT
PLUS it would make the move more viable because it would more than likely be even more plus frames when it hits and you go into BT, hell it might even become a bit safer on block like the other moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD