DOA5U "Lisa, it's your birthday!" DOA5U Lisa General Discussion Thread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
3K crushes lows, so it's pretty good for that too.

and I am probably the only person who is almost entirely committed to slow-strike characters, so this is pretty good for me. Fast characters are for wastemen.

Cylith

I think I might be onto some new tech, namely a frame trap and an anti wake up. So far it appears to be situation based for the ant wake up(which one isn't though honestly), but I will be testing this with friends this week.

Cylith

Well I think I have all my findings in order. Not ground breaking tech on the frame trap, but I haven't seen any anti wake up kick tech for her yet(PLEASE tell me if I missed it). Honestly though, having more info is never bad. So here we go.
NOTE: Slow Escape set to fastest at all tests. So this setup is not guaranteed if the person is that good at SE

This pertains to :6::6::P::P: I noticed in a lot of my fights that most people crouch/fuzzy to try to not get hit by the follow up :K: that hits low. So I figured there has to be something to hitting the :P: string besides my BnB if its a back crumple(posted a long time ago in this forum). I'll start from assuming that both punches connected and its not a back crumple.

Assuming both punches hit, you now have them in a crumple stun. So they Hold or eat the next hit. This alone leaves them open for mix-up, but for testing I did another :6::6::P: and realized I was +10. This is where the frame trap comes in. If they try to attack they will get hit your follow up. For me that was :7::K: since if they just block you're back at neutral and if they start dodging, which is possible, then grab or :1::P: works. Just adjust the mix-up to the match.

Now if the initial :6::6::P: doesn't hit and the second :P: in that string does, maybe they fuzzied, you're at +15. Mainly this leads to a guaranteed :P: :~: string follow up if they don't Hold. Again, adjust your mix-up for the match.

Now to the anti recovery kick tech. This is if you get the back crumple. Simply do another :6::6::P: but end it with :K: this time. "What if they tech up?" you say? Well I say its NOT POSSIBLE!!! The A.I. couldn't recover and neither could my training partners. Also, I have no idea why the :K: does this when there in this state, I just accept it ;). It leaves you at +19. Now, I couldn't get any FT's from this personally sadly, but if you do let me know. For the anti wake up kick is simply :P::+::K::h:. If they did the wake up kick their recovery is ~18 frames while you're at advantage. :6::P: is at the right range to connect a hit with this to start more mix-up since their back is to you.

Well, that was my find this time. So go ahead and mess around with this and see if you find anything.

Tempest

This seems like the most active thread on Lisa.

New player here, I just recently picked up Lisa as my main character earlier this week. So far I've had moderate success with her, partially due to some great tips I found on this forum. I really like Lisa and her ability to naturally incorporate throws into her strings and catch people off guard with her tricky play and spacing tools. Lately I've been having trouble with fast rush-down characters. Besides 4H+K, what moves are effective to beat other character's moves and put some space between you and your opponent?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
This seems like the most active thread on Lisa.

New player here, I just recently picked up Lisa as my main character earlier this week. So far I've had moderate success with her, partially due to some great tips I found on this forum. I really like Lisa and her ability to naturally incorporate throws into her strings and catch people off guard with her tricky play and spacing tools. Lately I've been having trouble with fast rush-down characters. Besides 4H+K, what moves are effective to beat other character's moves and put some space between you and your opponent?
Welcome, first and foremost.

4H+K is pretty much your best bet as far as counter strikes go, but you should also use pk, 6p, 3k, and 3p.

Pk is a natural combo and is +9 on normal hit and +19 on counter hit.

3k is good for going into backturned and keeping lisa in a safe position for those who try to punish her in case they actually block.

3p has a deep stun on ch and the followup is a bounce and guard break, although piss easy to see.

6p is good for its followups. High hitting launcher, 3k ending that can be made safe, and the 3p ending with the guard break ending.

As for spacing, 7k, 3k4, 236k4, 1k, 4k, and 6p are my main moves for spacing.

7k moves Lisa backwards and has followups, although piss easy to see imo.

3k4 is safe and leaves you backturned for shenanigans if the opponent doesnt react in time.

236k4 also safe, stuns, backturns

4k safe deep stunner.

Last edited:

Tempest

Welcome, first and foremost.

4H+K is pretty much your best bet as far as counter strikes go, but you should also use pk, 6p, 3k, and 3p. Pk is a natural combo and is +9 on normal hit and +19 on counter hit.

I'll finish up in a bit, gotta go somewhere.
On a similar note, what are your most used strings for offense? I've found myself relying a bit too much on BT 4K 9k force get up shenanigans. I like 1P but its a bit too slow to use close up.

Tones

Premium Donor
Close up... her 6p strings, 6k, pk, pkk pp4 all that fast good shit. 1p was good close up until they changed it from i15 to i18. You can also work her frame advantage, her OHs, work to set up her throws. She has a lot of options

Tempest

Close up... her 6p strings, 6k, pk, pkk pp4 all that fast good shit. 1p was good close up until they changed it from i15 to i18. You can also work her frame advantage, her OHs, work to set up her throws. She has a lot of options
I'll try to incorporate that more often. What do you guys consider to be Lisa's best spacing tools? Specifically what are good whiff punishers that lead into combos?

Tones

Premium Donor
Whiff punishing... 6p, k, 66p+h, 41236p+h, 3k, BT 4p+k, BT4p

You mean spacing back? CAR 4k+f, 6p4k, SSk, k+f, pk, pkk, 1k1k/5k, her throws, 7p, BT 14141414141, back dashing, walking back, unhinging your opponent's jaw IRL and pressing back for him.

I just posted some detail (at the end) in the link below which is inspired by your post before.
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/mulatto-note-pad.4796/

b-bombs

Standard Donor
So yeah, unless I just totally missed move list changes months ago there are some cool additions in LR to Lisa's move set that add a little versatility. Stuff like :1::K::K::H+P: is now in there and there are a few more options into BT and her body splash strings. Haven't put too much work into it yet, but just wanted to give a heads up for everyone that might be going into the lab to keep an eye out.

Pink Nitro

So yeah, unless I just totally missed move list changes months ago there are some cool additions in LR to Lisa's move set that add a little versatility. Stuff like :1::K::K::H+P: is now in there and there are a few more options into BT and her body splash strings. Haven't put too much work into it yet, but just wanted to give a heads up for everyone that might be going into the lab to keep an eye out.
I didn't see this, thanks.

ailingeternity

I'm getting my copy this Friday, so I'd love to test this out more but how much frame advantage does :1::K::K: land as a critical stun on NH and CH? I'm gonna make a slight prediction here but the new NH :1::K::K: should be like how CH :1::K::K: is in DOA5U since that also causes a crumple stun. You can hold escape it pretty easily unfortunately, crushing afterwards also avoids/interrupts any follow-ups she wants to use too (:1::K::K::K:, :1::K::K::P: and :1::K::K::h::+::P:), :1::K::K: cannot be comboed into afterwards if it's cancelled because of it's shit recovery and if it is not hold escaped it initiates a ground game, which is pretty much same situation as if she landed :1::K::2::K:, that's the only real 50/50 she has from :1::K::K: now, providing it grants the same frame advantage as CH :1::K::K: in DOA5U.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD