DOA5U "Lisa, it's your birthday!" DOA5U Lisa General Discussion Thread

ailingeternity

Bear in mind that using BT :P::+::K: after :9::K: isn't always reliable, it has a wierd hitbox so you find sometimes crushes and travelling mids (like Kasumi's :4::P: despite it not being a crush) will go under it leaving Lisa with some disadvantage, but imo it's her best option along with BT :6::h::+::P:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Here's something that may interest you guys/gals.

The air throw always puts you in closed stance with the opponent....or is it open? Whichever one it is that involves both facing the same way, that allows the limbo stun from 66pp

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Anyone found any stealth changes to Lisa? I'm currently looking through but havent seen anything out of the ordinary

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hey guys, a player in my scene is interested in learning La Mariposa and I wouldn't mind learning Lisa myself. What would be the best way to learn the character and to teach him how to use her? I sparred him this week and I really like 1PK, 1K~K, 7K, 6PP, 6H+K, 4H+K and dem Jumping OH's. BT P+K is also sexy <3.

:lisa:

Last edited:

Cylith

Hey guys, a player in my scene is interested in learning La Mariposa and I wouldn't mind learning Lisa myself. What would be the best way to learn the character and to teach him how to use her? I'm sparred him this week and I really like 1PK, 1K~K, 7K, 6PP, 6H+K, 4H+K and dem Jumping OH's. BT P+K is also sexy <3.

:lisa:
I don't really have anything to say on a "best" way to learn her, but I would imagine, in my case, go about it as someone normally would. Learn the strings/grabs, range, frames, etc. As a matter of setups, we Lisa players have listed many effective setups in this specific forum. Learning to use her effectively really comes down to how much you grind it out. Making that muscle memory and knowing your punishes all come from that.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but that is all I can think of lol.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I don't really have anything to say on a "best" way to learn her, but I would imagine, in my case, go about it as someone normally would. Learn the strings/grabs, range, frames, etc. As a matter of setups, we Lisa players have listed many effective setups in this specific forum. Learning to use her effectively really comes down to how much you grind it out. Making that muscle memory and knowing your punishes all come from that.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but that is all I can think of lol.

Nah, that's alright, thanks for the help though!

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Seriously, RANGE. I've been focusing entire on being in an advantageous range from my opponent at all times and it's night and day when I do it right. Especially with Lisa not being the fastest, but having great range with her throws and OHs.

synce

I think that's a good way to play her. Typically I'm not in someone's face unless I use 1P which is rare these days

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Seriously, RANGE. I've been focusing entire on being in an advantageous range from my opponent at all times and it's night and day when I do it right. Especially with Lisa not being the fastest, but having great range with her throws and OHs.

Yeah, Lisa kinda falls apart in close range if she doesn't have the advantage. Dem long legs are meant for a good ol' game of keepaway.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Surprised I haven't really read about anyone using Lisa's BT4P+K as a range tool.

i12 mid P/K while in BT stance, 2.01m range, -3 on block and stuns on normal hit. Really good to get in with, whether it hits or it's blocked. Yes, this means I've picked this character up, love her movement.

Last edited:

STBALLA1990

so good keep away moves with Lisa are: 6H+K, BT 4K, 7K, 9K, maybe BT 4P. Does she have any other option to keep opponents at bay, and most of these are mid kicks =(

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
BT4K is not keep away at all. It's unsafe and throw punishable on block and small whiffs. 6H+K is also not keep away, it's moreso whiff punishment and a way of getting in at it's correct ranges.

Here's what I've been using as keep away;

7K6 - Goes into Carrera stance and lets you stop the stance.

Neutral K - i14 high kick with follow ups (notably KK and K6K4). 27 damage on normal hit which is solid.

3K4 - i15 frame mid kick and is -3 on block when you cancel it in BT.

PK/PKK4 - PK is an i13 frame high kick with a follow up that is safe at -3 when you cancel it into BT.

4H+K - i12 mid kick that's 40 damage on normal hit (does not care about other i12 mids at all).

4K - has follow ups (4KK respectively)

6P - i14 mid punch with delayable follow ups. If I delay anything, it's going into 6PK4, leaves you at -3 on block. On counter hit you score a stun and you're in BT stance, lovely.

1P - i18 frame mid punch, slow, but has follow ups. 1PK is safe at -5.

BT4P+K - i12 frame mid P/K. This thing here is so multi-purpose as keep out and a way of getting in. Safe at -3.

BT2P - i16 low jab, +17 stun on normal hit gives Lisa access to threshold.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
BT4K is not keep away at all. It's unsafe and throw punishable on block and small whiffs. 6H+K is also not keep away, it's moreso whiff punishment and a way of getting in at it's correct ranges.

Here's what I've been using as keep away;

7K6 - Goes into Carrera stance and lets you stop the stance.

Neutral K - i14 high kick with follow ups (notably KK and K6K4). 27 damage on normal hit which is solid.

3K4 - i15 frame mid kick and is -3 on block when you cancel it in BT.

PK/PKK4 - PK is an i13 frame high kick with a follow up that is safe at -3 when you cancel it into BT.

4H+K - i12 mid kick that's 40 damage on normal hit (does not care about other i12 mids at all).

4K - has follow ups (4KK respectively)

6P - i14 mid punch with delayable follow ups. If I delay anything, it's going into 6PK4, leaves you at -3 on block. On counter hit you score a stun and you're in BT stance, lovely.

1P - i18 frame mid punch, slow, but has follow ups. 1PK is safe at -5.

BT4P+K - i12 frame mid P/K. This thing here is so multi-purpose as keep out and a way of getting in. Safe at -3.

BT2P - i16 low jab, +17 stun on normal hit gives Lisa access to threshold.

You can also add 236k to that since it has STUPID range and also goes into BT for safety with stun to top it off.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Surprised I haven't really read about anyone using Lisa's BT4P+K as a range tool.

i12 mid P/K while in BT stance, 2.01m range, -3 on block and stuns on normal hit. Really good to get in with, whether it hits or it's blocked. Yes, this means I've picked this character up, love her movement.

Lol, I see you like some of that chocolate-flavoured action too. Her ranged game is too sexy to ignore.

The booty bump is an amazing move. 1PK, & 7K are so nice for ranged poking. 4H+K is also ridiculous lol. I'm trying to see what BS I can do with 66K.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm not really good with her yet, at all. I got bopped in casuals a moment ago against Requiem while I was using her, still have to adjust to her a lot. Not used to slow strike speed and I'm not used to not having an effective low jab game either. But it'll come to me.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It's all good dude, you need to be much more committed to zoning with her than other characters, which is helped by her great ranged pokes and movement. Her OH's are quite nice also (though certain ones can be a crutch if misplaced). Yeah, we've been spoiled by i12 2P's. Can get us out of so much shit lol. Lisa's 2P is ugh. I'm trying to see if I can throw people off with 1K because I like its instant hi-crush and trip stun on CH along with having follow-ups. On the bright side, Lisa kicks the shit out of Phase-4 offline.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD