System List of VF5FS GamePlay additions to 5U!

d3v

I actually like the hold system def one of the things that sets it apart from other fighters.
I like holds in neutral, since it makes for a unique neutral game that sort of reminds me of 3rd Strike. I don't like holds out of stun, or at least the current system, since there are times where it feels like you are being punished for landing a hit. I mean, 5 and 5U did alot to fix the trainwreck from 4, but there are still times where it feels a bit wonky.

KwonJigglypuff

Are there any other additions, tools or individualities "created" by VF (or any other fighting game) you guys would like to see in the DOA serie ?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-I flip flop on this on the subject of command throw breaks. One minute I think the idea is great, than others its wack. I can see it expanding the depth of the game, however I also feel that it would also take away from the game. Playing 3.1, and Having to play against Mr. Wah's strong Bass, I didn't have throw breaks to get me out, I had to think outside of the box. I was the first to use Tina's tackle as an option select to avoid the mid attack mixup, while also avoiding the throw. I also utilized :h:+:P: to counter throw his catch throw(also another first), and if he escaped, I was at advantage...in other words, and less babble, I would like stronger usage of counter throwing! DOA is the only series that have them, and I think it would be better to capitalize on that than having throw breaks at the moment.

d3v

-I am so very curious to why you feel this way.
Maybe it's because my background is in 2D, or because I've played too many games where throws weren't breakable/techable at all, but I just enjoy games more when throws offer guaranteed damage. Especially when it comes to command throws which should be different from normal throws, beyond simply having a command to input them.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe it's because my background is in 2D, or because I've played too many games where throws weren't breakable/techable at all, but I just enjoy games more when throws offer guaranteed damage. Especially when it comes to command throws which should be different from normal throws, beyond simply having a command to input them.
-I agree. I never felt DOA needed them to be a competitive fighter. The throw system always just felt so right to me. Outside of when they are guaranteed, they can be evaded by ducking/crouching, dashing away, counter thrown, high counter strike(d). IMO that is more than enough to keep throws off of you. If you get hit with one, you was either in a throw punishable state, or you was simply outplayed :)

Blackula

I wonder if this is all in preparation for DOA vs VF. If the new arcade character is from VF it's practically guaranteed IMO

We've been pushing this idea to Team Ninja for a while now. Even put together a video with a few VF and DOA players back at Final Round for Team Ninja. So hopefully they are still considering it.

Lulu

I knew it..... Jacky has that Bounding Animation..... but is he the only that can actually do it ?
I didn't know they borrowed more than just characters from VF. So does that mean we will eventually get the "Yellow Flash" too ? I don't like the current mechanic DoA is using for counter hits.

Lulu

Just in case if anyone was wondering..... this is the Yellow Flash.... it happens on counter hit...... sometimes you get a Blue Flash.
ZOYcc.gif
oUWmN.gif

It would make keeping track of everything a whole lot Easier than Red text on the screen.

Yoyo

Actually DOA does have the flashes in addition to counter and hi-counter appearing on the screen. They are just not as pronounced as in VF.

Lulu

Actually DOA does have the flashes in addition to counter and hi-counter appearing on the screen. They are just not as pronounced as in VF.

They're not distinctive either..... can't tell a counter hit effects from a normal hit effect..... its kinda pointless if it all looks the same.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD