Lobby hosts need more control in DoA 6

Raansu

I hate that currently if someone is in a match you can't remove them from the lobby. Nine times out of ten its some red bar being an ass and I just want to boot him out. We need to ability to kick people regardless if they are in a match or not.

Fantailler

I hope DoA4 lobby also comes back. An online mode equivalent to global colosseum by region like SCV would be really cool. It probably was one of the best online mode i've ever played, if not the best one.

I don't understand why they didn't do it in tekken 7.It was a great place to chill out, gather and mingle,challenge players, and the competition mode/random match in the middle of the arena was a great addition.

It felt like a nice playground gathering the community in one place.Intuitive and fast.

Imagine a FSD lobby hosting the whole community in one place exchanging tips and tricks in real time with epic rivalries going on. That would be sick af.

Add a main stage for onscreen epic battles.

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Disagree. You know what I hate about 5's online? I have to wait in line in a lobby for twenty minutes and as soon as it's my turn, the host backs out and kicks me. Half an hour of my life gone and I didn't even get to play for a second. Hop in the next room only for the same thing to happen. This game just wastes my time. I have no patience. Maybe lobbies should be more like playlists in shooters, constantly matching you up with your next opponent (remember how it shows "NEXT CARD" in the arcades)?

Fantailler

@grap3fruitman

Lobby in V is horrible i agree,but when the game launched,the global colosseum mode was the way to go.Now it's deserted for no reason...

I hate KOTH in MK or any kind of lobby that forces to wait in line for half an hour before you can finally play.

Raansu

No lol hosts already have enough power, you can literally just kick anyone in a blink of an eye. Y'all need a kick limit.

As you should. Its their lobby, they should be able to control it how they want including kicking people regardless if they are in a match or not. Why should I be forced to create an entirely new lobby because the red bar who is lagging with everyone refuses to leave and I'm unable to kick him till someone beats him and puts him back in the line?

Maybe lobbies should be more like playlists in shooters, constantly matching you up with your next opponent (remember how it shows "NEXT CARD" in the arcades)?

That's called ranked mode.

Bacaww

As you should. Its their lobby, they should be able to control it how they want including kicking people regardless if they are in a match or not. Why should I be forced to create an entirely new lobby because the red bar who is lagging with everyone refuses to leave and I'm unable to kick him till someone beats him and puts him back in the line?

That is your fault for setting the connection to "Any" and not a bar you prefer to play with. I think most people forget there is an option for that. And being able to kick during a match is easily abusable, the host can just keep kicking so that he can play again

Raansu

That is your fault for setting the connection to "Any" and not a bar you prefer to play with. I think most people forget there is an option for that. And being able to kick during a match is easily abusable, the host can just keep kicking so that he can play again

I always set the connection bar to 3+. If you search and you happen to have a blip of 3+ you can get in, but overall still be a 1 bar. Try it one day when you're searching for lobbies. A lobby you have 5 bars with can easily drop to 2 bars.

tiptoes777

I made an account just to say this Regarding DOA. Please Bring back DOA 4 or DOA 2 Ultimate's Lobby system. It makes for a big community and plus people will want to buy more stuff because they can show off more. DOA 5 online system and lobby was a FAIL in my opinion. I didn't bother playing DOA 5 simply for that reason alone. AND ITS MY FAVORITE FIGHTING GAME. I would settle for even a DBZ fighterz or Monster hunter type lobby system.

Raansu

I made an account just to say this Regarding DOA. Please Bring back DOA 4 or DOA 2 Ultimate's Lobby system. It makes for a big community and plus people will want to buy more stuff because they can show off more. DOA 5 online system and lobby was a FAIL in my opinion. I didn't bother playing DOA 5 simply for that reason alone. AND ITS MY FAVORITE FIGHTING GAME. I would settle for even a DBZ fighterz or Monster hunter type lobby system.

You refused to play a game because it didn't have a cheesy lobby system that caused a ridiculous amount of lag? No offense, but your priorities are a little weird. And why mention DoA2's lobbies? Short of having custom names doa2's lobbies worked exactly like 5's.

tiptoes777

You refused to play a game because it didn't have a cheesy lobby system that caused a ridiculous amount of lag? No offense, but your priorities are a little weird.
Well I am just saying they were both better Lobby systems then DOA 5."Why did they change it anyways??" And yes DOA 5 Lobby system and online ruined it for me. I don't want to wait around for 10minutes to find a match. Plus Zero Community.. It was a huge let down. It also should be noted that DOA 4 Was so popular and community oriented that fans made a website for it with a list of all Clans, Players and their Main's. That Definitely didn't happened with 5. Micro transactions would have been a gold mine in DOA 4!! Its always way more fun to show off to your clan or other people in the lobby. In 5 you didn't have anyone to show off to other then the one Rando person you got assigned. Thank you for the reply

Raansu

Well I am just saying they were both better Lobby systems then DOA 5."Why did they change it anyways??" And yes DOA 5 Lobby system and online ruined it for me. I don't want to wait around for 10minutes to find a match. Plus Zero Community.. It was a huge let down. It also should be noted that DOA 4 Was so popular and community oriented that fans made a website for it with a list of all Clans, Players and their Main's. That Definitely didn't happened with 5. Micro transactions would have been a gold mine in DOA 4!! Its always way more fun to show off to your clan or other people in the lobby. In 5 you didn't have anyone to show off to other then the one Rando person you got assigned. Thank you for the reply

Ok....

1.) You're confusing the ranked queue with the basic lobbies. DoA5's unranked lobbies were exactly like how DoA2 functioned.

2.) To say the game has zero community would mean you would not be on this site posting. Clans and all that stuff happened LONG before DoA4 came out. doacentral existed for a long time till the community moved to this site.

3.) Microtransactions? Really?

4.) What exactly are you showing off? A pointless clan tag in a game focused entirely around 1v1?

tiptoes777

That's all up to speculation and preference. No real right or wrong answer. I preferred DOA 4's Lobby and you I am assuming Prefer DOA 5's.
If it takes me a huge wait time plus a huge load screen to play a 2 minute match then I'm good. When wait times last 2 to 3 times..Even four times the actual match lasts well then count me out. Just think you wait 6 min or more waiting for a match that sometimes last only 2 minutes or is laggy. At that point you are literally watching the sands in the hour glass of your life trickling by.

Raansu

That's all up to speculation and preference. No real right or wrong answer. I preferred DOA 4's Lobby and you I am assuming Prefer DOA 5's.
If it takes me a huge wait time plus a huge load screen to play a 2 minute match then I'm good. When wait times last 2 to 3 times..Even four times the actual match lasts well then count me out. Just think you wait 6 min or more waiting for a match that sometimes last only 2 minutes or is laggy. At that point you are literally watching the sands in the hour glass of your life trickling by.

I don't have a preference. A lobby is a lobby. I never spent time in DoA4's lounge area because I was too busy actually playing the game. I only dislike doa4's setup because that lounge caused a lot of lag.

Again you're confusing the ranked queue with doa5's standard lobbies.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I spent a lot of time observing matches from the lounge. I wouldn't mind it returning if it was a better feature.

Personally I like having as many options as possible, and some don't. I'm in favor of a better online menu in general.

For me it can't get worse than Soul Calibur VI menus and options.

Raansu

I spent a lot of time observing matches from the lounge. I wouldn't mind it returning if it was a better feature.

Personally I like having as many options as possible, and some don't. I'm in favor of a better online menu in general.

For me it can't get worse than Soul Calibur VI menus and options.

I just can't picture TN setting up a dedicated server for lobbies like that. Reason why it caused so many problems in doa4 is because the player hosted both the lobby and the match. So you had the match, plus spectators, plus lobby, plus the spectator view in the lobby.....it caused a lot of latency issues.

d3v

The problem is that it's in ranked. A non-ranked quickmatch queue should be standard for every fighting game in this day and age (and most modern fighters do have it).
I just can't picture TN setting up a dedicated server for lobbies like that. Reason why it caused so many problems in doa4 is because the player hosted both the lobby and the match. So you had the match, plus spectators, plus lobby, plus the spectator view in the lobby.....it caused a lot of latency issues.
That sounds more like bad coding than anything to do with not having a dedicated lobby server. All that both peers need to do is to send out timestamped inputs to whoever's spectating without a care for sync (since they're just watching), which shouldn't affect latency (again, since both peers in the match should care about whether the spectators are getting the data). In fact, that's how most modern fighters handle spectating these days.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Why are people complaining about the wait lines? People join lobbies with 8-10 people and then they complain about the line. If you don’t like waiting for such a long time don’t join a lobby with many people, join a small lobby or create one.

Also, hosts shouldn’t be able to kick people out of the lobby during a fight. That would make online even more awful then it already is, not only do we have to worry about the shitty netcode but we also have to worry about being able to complete a match.

Raansu

The problem is that it's in ranked. A non-ranked quickmatch queue should be standard for every fighting game in this day and age (and most modern fighters do have it).

I don't see the point of that. Lobbies are fine for unranked.

Also, hosts shouldn’t be able to kick people out of the lobby during a fight. That would make online even more awful then it already is, not only do we have to worry about the shitty netcode but we also have to worry about being able to complete a match.

So I should be forced to make a new lobby because I can't remove the 1 bar that somehow managed to join a 3+ bar restricted room?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD