Characters Lolicopter - [Marie Rose Information & Discussion Thread]

synce

After some messing around my first impression is that Marie is a laughably weak gimmick character, not unlike Momiji. I can't imagine anyone with remotely good reflexes losing out to her. Her speed sucks, her damage sucks, she's lightweight, can't think of a positive that isn't superficial

Edit: Actually I just compared her bnb juggle to Mila and the damage is almost on par. I guess I just forgot how little damage DOA's juggles do lol

Here is 'combo' I'm referring to

:1::P::P::4::K::5::P+K::5::7::K::5::K::K::5::9::P::5::P::P::6::K::K:

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
And her BnB is ... What exactly?
It's in the command training. You can set it up different ways, but essentially from 7K you can always land BT H+K KKK for some pertty nice damage, as long as you're not near a wall (given that all of the BT KKK string are wall hits).

Here is 'combo' I'm referring to

:1::P::P::4::K::5::P+K::5::7::K::5::K::K::5::9::P::5::P::P::6::K::K:
Why are there quotes surrounding "combo" lol

Anyway, I'm not sure you can get that juggle unless you're against a wall. Regardless, even if it did work, I don't believe it would top the damage off that launch.

KidArk

You can juggle like 7k 6k 6, ppp, pp6pk.. right? I can't remember exactly what I was doing last night but I was doing something like that to get more damage than h+k kkk, I only had like 2 hours with her though since I have class really early. Don't quote me on this, I'll post facts when I get home 3ish

Nightpup

>Laughably weak gimmick character
Sounds like my type of character. I think I'll have fun with Marie when she comes out tomorrow.

Brute

Standard Donor
>Laughably weak gimmick character
Sounds like my type of character. I think I'll have fun with Marie when she comes out tomorrow.
Except that synce's day 1 impressions are probably wrong, considering that no one else has gotten that impression.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well it's hard to form an impression until people start getting good with her.
I play the King of Gimmicks. I'm very familiar with what the term means. I also don't see MR in that category. She's highly mobile, nets good damage, has tons of safety, a damn good reset, a 12 frame mid with a good stun on CH and guarantees a lot of the roster can't even dream of.

Her range game is lacking. Is the biggest issue I've been running into thus far. Aside from that, she appears solid so far.

But again, these are all day 1 impressions. They can only be taken so seriously.

Brute

Standard Donor
Has anyone found some decent juggles following her mid kick launcher?
Well, it depends on the threshold on the opponent's weight class. If you mean from crit level 3/CB, then no. 7K Alwyas nets more damage as far as I can tell. But yeah. You can get things like 8K 4PP 6PK or w/e from it.

Heikou

Standard Donor
Well, it depends on the threshold on the opponent's weight class. If you mean from crit level 3/CB, then no. 7K Alwyas nets more damage as far as I can tell. But yeah. You can get things like 8K 4PP 6PK or w/e from it.
Yeah, I've found that 7K always does more damage as well, was just looking to see if anyone's found some fairly damaging combos from it. The one you posted is the best I've found so far as well.

Nightpup

Is it worth going for CB with Marie? She seems to have good one-stun launch game like Ein and Phase-4.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD