Male or Female Mains?

Is your DOA main a male or female character?

• Male

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Female

Votes: 85 57.8%
  • Both/Other

Votes: 33 22.4%

• Total voters

TakedaZX

Maybe that's why. It is a cool match in theory, but I've done it so many times now the novelty has sorta worn off. Every once in a while, I'll come across a badass Hayate player that creates a really interesting match, but most of the time it's just guys who barely know how to use him spamming his crush mid-kick (forget the input), his 66KKK and his 3H+K 2K 6P (or whatever it is). Also worth noting is that most of the "cool" Hayate players main or co-main him, like Takeda.

I guess I have been seeing less ever since I've started trying out new characters.

mcool.gif

Regardless, yea I try to balance myself between a female and male character. Unfortunately it seems that I've only had good times with the female characters in this game, aside from Hayabusa and Eliot who are tons of fun in this game. Hitomi looks like she's going to take the spotlight again, sporting her Collectors Edition Bikini <3. I mean just... damn... DAMN.

... and I've put Hayate to rest. He doesn't really contain any of the tools built for fighting aggressively. He's more of a test of the mind, making you rely on baiting holds and linear moves so that he can hit them with the sidestep palm for a solid stun. That's really all there is to him. Right now Hayabusa or Eliot could end up taking his spot.

I tend to have a healthy mixture I think. It really just depends on the games and the characters with in it. I guess I'll start naming mains, and subs from different fighting games like a wild man too. lol

DOA5: Hitomi, Hayate, Alpha-152, Lei Fang (I want to learn Kokoro) Ein...yes I main Ein....
SF2: Ken
SF3: Twelve, Ken, Q
SF4: Juri, Ken
SFxT: Lili/Nina, Juri/Ken, Kuma
BB: Hazama, Jin
P4A: Yukiko, Yu
MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero, Ermac
MB: H-Vermillion Akiha, C-Shiki Nanaya, C-Warakia
UMvC3: Haggar/Hawkeye,Deadpool/Wesker Nemesis, Vergil, Iron Man, Chris, and Hulk
KOF13: Andy/Kula/Terry. Saiki, Duo Lon, Maxima, Mai, and Kim
VF: Kage
SCV: Aeon
TTT2: Lili/Jun, Lei
AH3: Scharlachrot
Fate/UC: Gilgamesh, Assassin

I know I'm probably missing some... lol

wiztick

I always played guys on fighting games but whenever i have a character creater i always pick a girl. and in any wwe game i always pick Jericho too.

CFW

I main female characters since their styles usually appeal to me more.

Every male character I claim as my main will not stick for long, which goes for any fighting game.

Ghosty-J

I sounded off my DoA mains, so I may as well post mains from other games as well:

SF: Elena, Ibuki, Makoto (triple-waifu-threat <3) | Fei Long | Rose | El Fuerte | Juri (in SFxT because nothing else matters more than Makoto :oops:)
GGXX: Baiken, Sol Badguy | Chipp Zanuff | Anji Mito
MBAACC: Kishima Kouma | Michael Roa Valdamjong | Arcueid Brunestud
VF5FS: Akira Yuki| El Blaze | Lei-Fei | Kage Maru | Jacky Bryant
Tekken: Marshall/Forest Law | Jin Kazama | Jun Kazama (T1/2) | Eddy Gordo | Miguel Caballero Rojo | Raven | Asuka and Lili (T5) | Heihachi Mishima | Kunimitsu (I hope)
Darkstalkers: Felicia | Jon Talbain | Q-Bee | Jedah Dohma | Hsien-ko
BBCS: Taokaka, Makoto Nanaya (waifus man....) | Bang Shishigami | Valkenhayn R. Helsing | Hazama | Ragna the Bloodedge
KoF: Kyo Kusanagi | Joe Higashi | Terry Bogard | Kim Kaphwan | Shen Woo when I play KoFXIII one of these days.
MvC: Jin Saotome | Megaman | Felicia | BB Hood | Cyclops | Gambit | Spiderman | Iron Fist | Zero | Amaterasu | Deadpool | Nathan Spencer | Dante | Hsien-Ko | Morrigan | Strider Hiryu | Viewtiful Joe
TvC: Karas | Viewtiful Joe | Volnutt | Jun the Swan | Batsu | Casshern (DEVOUR CASSHERN!!! >: O)
JoJo's: Noriaki Kakyoin | Jotaro Kujo | Muhammad Abdul | Young Joseph | Anubis Polnarref | Rubber Soul
SC: Kilik | Maxi | Xianghua
ShaqFu (WAT): Shaq | Kaori (obscure waifus FTW :cool:)

And yes, I'm a big loser for having too many waifus <_<

Dave

well, i use both. at the moment i have a few that i am messing around with. the ones i list are the ones i usually play as, but i do mix it up, or go random. it's good to use all the characters i think.

dead or alive 5: sarah / rig
virtua fighter 5 final strike: sarah / jacky
tekken: anna / lee (i don't really play tekken anymore. after 5 the games just fell flat to me. i found them terrible. i was so shocked at how... idk cartoony and fake they were becoming. i still want to try tekken tag 2 because the first one was great, but i'm going to wait for a considerable price drop.
soul calibur: taki. only taki. well maybe some kilik.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Dead or Alive: Helena Douglas, Kokoro (maybe?)
Tekken: Ling Xiaoyu, Jun Kazama, Asuka Kazama, Miharu Hirano, Michelle Chang, Panda
Soul Calibur: Setsuka, Alpha Patroklos, Chai Xianghua
Mortal Kombat: Princess Kitana

And yes, all of my mains are female. I honestly find females faster and more appealing when it comes to fighting games.

tnzk

In Dead or Alive, I'm trying to get good with Christie and Tina.

In MK9, I'm using Stryker and Sonya, and in SSFAE, I'm maining Dudley, and will move onto Crimson Viper.

It's really only in DoA where I might prefer to fight with the girls rather than the guys, but that's because the guys are underdeveloped compared to the girls, whereas it's the other way around in other fighters. If it weren't for the objectifying advertisements to get men to buy the game, I'd say DoA is ironically sexist towards the male characters. All they seem to be are either beefcakes, knuckleheads, oafs, or a combination thereof. I mean the women have ridiculous curves, but they've got more unique personalities.

Edit: The other thread made me realize Ryu Hayabusa is my fav DoA character, but I don't use him in the game coz I'm more interested in using other play styles.

KwonJigglypuff

DOA: Helena, Kokoro
Tekken: Lili, Leo
Blazeblue : Rachel Alucard
SF : Juri, Rose
Soul Calibur: Amy/Viola, Setsuka
Virtua Fighter: Pai... Eileen
Mortal Kombat: Sindel
Smash Bros. : Peach, Zelda, Jigglypuff

I main girls for their fighting styles, but I like guys too (Bayman, Miguel,...).

saikyom

Males all the way
DOA: Leon , Akira, Ein
Tekken: Kazuya,bruce,king,armor king,bryan,dragunov
SC I-IV: Hwang seung kyong
VF: Akira
SF IV: Adon
CvS2: Hayato,Cap commando,Jin
3rd Strike: Q
Guilty Gear: Zappa, Venom
KoF: KJhun , Ryo , Ralf
MK: Kenshi ,Rain ,Reiko.

Xernuht

If it's 2D, I tend to main dudes, but add a dimension and suddenly I'm maining girls.

2D mains:
SF: Ryu/Akuma, add Jin and Ken for xTK.
BB: Ragna and Jin.
GG: Sol and Ky.
P4A: Yu.
MK: Stryker/Smoke.

3D mains:
SC: Cassandra/Seung Mi-Na pre-5, Pat/OPyrrha/Natsu in 5.
TK: Asuka/Steve, only recently started with Steve.
DOA: Mila/Kasumi/Ayane.

Nightpup

DOA: Alpha-152, Ein, Ayane, Kasumi, Helena, Kokoro, Lisa, Eliot, Spartan, Leon, Bass
BB: Lambda-11/Nu-13, Mu-12, Tsubaki Yayoi, soon to be Izayoi
TvC: Roll, Zero, Volnutt, Soki
Tekken: King, Armor King, Dr. B
SCV: Aeon, Ivy
SSBB: Sonic, ROB, Pikachu, Olimar, Peach, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus
Skullgirls: Parasoul

ScattereDreams

Female characters I play have to have some sort of elegance in their personality, but also feisty, but not annoying either. Male characters; hm... good looking, bad ass but not too bad ass or I'll be annoyed, no clunky characters. They all have to be rush down material; I don't do defensive.

DOA: Eliot, Helena, Lisa, Rig
MK: Tanya, Kitana, Rain
KOF: Ash Crimson, Iori, Athena Asamiya, Vice, Rock Howard
Soul Calibur: Yun-Seong, Alpha.Patrokolos/Setsuka, Ivy, Sophitia
VF: Lion
Blazblue: Rachel, Amane Nishiki
SF: Ingrid, Sakura, Yun
Tekken: Lili, Jin, Hwoarang, Anna, Lee/Violet

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD