Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

QueenJakheiho

Seems like we're getting somewhere when it comes to her juggles. All these months the japanese seem to use PPP,PP6PK and BT H+K, KKK.

And thats whats me actually bored as Christie Player after a few hours with Marie in the lab.
Maries Juggle options are very limited and simple.

Radiance

After wallsplat you can do 6K4K, PP6PK. Works on everyone except super heavies.

On Alpha weight 6k4pp is max damage. Gotta love alpha weight. I'm actually surprised 6k4k pp6pk ender works on Gen Fu lol

Anyone come up with anything for her 64H and 67H advanced holds??

I found that after 64H

6PP - F+K (Limbo stun always). Although F+K is not guaranteed so your opponent has one chance to guess correctly and can be SE).

Klts3

On Alpha weight 6k4pp is max damage. Gotta love alpha weight. I'm actually surprised 6k4k pp6pk ender works on Gen Fu lol

Anyone come up with anything for her 64H and 67H advanced holds??

I found that after 64H

6PP - F+K (Limbo stun always). Although F+K is not guaranteed so your opponent has one chance to guess correctly and can be SE).
Maybe I'm lazy, but I use the same set-up as for BT OH, just without H+K. It cannot be SEd and on HiC you can take away about half of lifebar.

Tokkosho

After cb I use 7K-4K-4PP-PP6PK
I think it works for light and mid.
Off a wall I use 6K4PP- PP6PK
I just got her earlier so haven't tested really tested these things extensively but ik they work on lightweights just fine

Nereus

Standard Donor
After a CB... you can do :7::K:, :4::K::4::5::P::P:,:P::P::6::P::K:. Works on all weights besides Super heavies iirc. It may not work on Gen-fu though. Be warned that the 2nd :P: after :4::K::4: may whiff if timed wrong. Its a bit weird :confused:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
After a CB... you can do :7::K:, :4::K::4::5::P::P:,:P::P::6::P::K:. Works on all weights besides Super heavies iirc. It may not work on Gen-fu though. Be warned that the 2nd :P: after :4::K::4: may whiff if timed wrong. Its a bit weird :confused:

That was the first CB combo Requiem and I were testing.

I've alternated and started doing 7K > BT4K > 9P > 6K > PP6PK.

For those that do not know, after highest launch heights with 7K (Critical level 2.2 or level 3), you can do BT H+K BT4K4 > PP6PK. Works midscreen and is amazing near walls.

QueenJakheiho

I dont think this is guaranteed.
I did a combo on Temple of Dragon using Powerlauncher as ceiling then 3P+KK then BTP+K and the CPU could hold it.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I dont think this is guaranteed.
I did a combo on Temple of Dragon using Powerlauncher as ceiling then 3P+KK then BTP+K and the CPU could hold it.
Hmm... I set it to counter mid as a reaction + on Critical Stun hold and they couldn't counter. Ill look more into it right now. Thanks for the heads up

tekkin88

Here's two interesting facts about her: If you do 6P and then CB, they can't Slow-Escape it. It's like Hayabusa's 6P.
Umm... Juihau kept trying to do this on me but I SE'd it pretty much every time I tried to. :/
But I do agree with you on the 3P+KK thing. When I tried it off the ceiling or on regular ground it worked.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Umm... Juihau kept trying to do this on me but I SE'd it pretty much every time I tried to. :/
But I do agree with you on the 3P+KK thing. When I tried it off the ceiling or on regular ground it worked.
you can't SE it. Put the CPU to Fastest SE and do :6::P: into :6::6::P:. The reason why you probably SE'd it is because you have to do :6::6::P: RIGHT after :6::P: and he/she may have done it a bit too slow.

QueenJakheiho

Lol its guaranteed, i am silly xD
It seems yesterday about countless making combos and recording i was input the CB to slow.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Ok I checked the :3::P+K::K: into BT :P+K:. The cpu couldn't counter and I had it to counter mid, even on Critical Hold (Fastest)

Nereus

Standard Donor
Her SS is pretty stupid as well. Sometimes I can do Marie's 7K (high that tracks) and it will not track her, and sometimes it will. It's inconsistent. Ill do her H+K (21 frame move that tracks mid) and she'll SS it and evade it, sometimes she won't. It's like she completely ignores tracking when it comes to consistency.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Nice little 50/50 mixup here: If you do her :9::K::4: you can do :P+K: afterwards (Critical Burst) or you can do her OH (BT :F+P:). Even on fastest counter it's inescapable in terms of avoiding it. This setup is really good because of the setups you can do after her OH throw.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I love Rose's (yeah I call her Rose for short instead of Marie) 2/8P+K, it's an amazing tool. I've gotten behind people at R1F with it. However this is kind of....not happening versus Ayane, I've been hi counter hit every single time I've tried it mid-match against her neutral K (has tracking).

Also, I think we should create an actual combo thread that lists all of Rose's combos we have so far. Or @TRI Mike should edit his OP and list all of the viable combos we have so far. That way, no one will have to search through a bunch of clutter just to find combos they can practice or implement into their game.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD