Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

Princess Kasumi

^ it can be escaped with slow-escape as well. xD it only gives 23+ and her other sitdown 64p is 24+

thanks for the combo Yag. I used it in this fight

MasterHavik

anyone tried using H+K I nstun? It's fucking nasty for combos. I also love her bounds. what are some good things to do after bounds?

FatalxInnocence

anyone tried using H+K I nstun? It's fucking nasty for combos. I also love her bounds. what are some good things to do after bounds?

I do sometimes cause it causes that weird back turn stun granting ( I assume ) a free 7K. It's kinda situational though. I noticed on occasion it might not force them into a bt stun. Just gotta be careful with it I guess.

MasterHavik

well not even that bt stun if you do 4k and then that it's a 60 stun automatically and they can't stagger it.

FatalxInnocence

well not even that bt stun if you do 4k and then that it's a 60 stun automatically and they can't stagger it.

Yeah but when they fall into the BT stun due to H+K you get a free 7K, they can still counter out of H+K if they're facing forward in the stun.... that's all I was pointing out n_n;;

Oh, also her bound combos are semi-limited. You can only ( at least to my knowledge. ) get a 6PK, a 6KK and a 236P from it. The most damaging out of the 3 is 236P on close hit, otherwise 6KK does more ( but 1 point of dmg when compared to 6PK. )

That's all I know though... you can get a 6K4K with no follow up.... it does the same damage as 6PK. But 236P most damaging on close hit, 6KK is 2 points less than 236P and 6PK & 6K4K both do 1 point less than 6KK.

Someone might have a higher damage output for it. I imagine on Alpha you could probably get more, but I haven't really tested it. I'd much rather go for a 7K or 8K launch than a bound personally.

Edit; ok I just found you can do a 64P bound after the standard bound but nothing afterwards... you can do a 1PP+K FT if they just lie there.

Last edited:

Tokkosho

Her 64P bounce occasionally gives a 6PK; I think it depends on how far from the opponent you are or how much in stun before the P+K (I only did it after P+K)

Yaguar

Someone asked for Pseudo-Force Techs? Qoodumai's lab time is back again!
We'll be building a week 1 guide over the next few days of our combined finds (Qood + Me) but I'm back again with another little Marie Rose tip from qood to me to you.

Certain setups will get you a nice little pseudo.
Opponent Techs: Approx +2 (Strike for strike tested you guaranteed have +. We think it was 2.)
Force Tech: +20.

The following works by the use of :6::4::P: :3::H+K:
Few setups from CH:
:9::K: :K::K: :9::P: :6::4::P: :3::H+K:
:8::K: :9::P: :6::4::P: :3::H+K:
Bound stun >> :6::4::P: :3::H+K:

Thanks to qood we'll also have a HUGE write up on how her parries work, effective use, options and getting the biggest bang for your buck from them! Since my PC is now setup video's will follow.

HoodsXx

For light and mid weights off of her bound combos if you do :6::K::4::K: and you cancel into her Flower Wheel she's at +8 and from there she can mixup Flo Wheel K or T. The P doesnt have enough range to connect. As for Heavy and Supedon't hr Heavy just do 6KK or 4PK then transition into it. You dont have as much advantage but it still works.​

MasterHavik

I don't know if I can post this or not, but when she is getting combed...I found out with Rachel that using 1pp, air grab as an ender whiffs on her for some reason. I may need to do more testing but this could be big.

FatalxInnocence

That's called a limbo stun.

Oh ok, thank you.

Someone asked for Pseudo-Force Techs? Qoodumai's lab time is back again!
We'll be building a week 1 guide over the next few days of our combined finds (Qood + Me) but I'm back again with another little Marie Rose tip from qood to me to you.

Certain setups will get you a nice little pseudo.
Opponent Techs: Approx +2 (Strike for strike tested you guaranteed have +. We think it was 2.)
Force Tech: +20.

The following works by the use of :6::4::P: :3::H+K:
Few setups from CH:
:9::K: :K::K: :9::P: :6::4::P: :3::H+K:
:8::K: :9::P: :6::4::P: :3::H+K:
Bound stun >> :6::4::P: :3::H+K:

Thanks to qood we'll also have a HUGE write up on how her parries work, effective use, options and getting the biggest bang for your buck from them! Since my PC is now setup video's will follow.

I find 1PP+K works better than 3H+K. Solely cause if they tech roll you can do 1PP8/2 which still gives her some kind of evasion if the FT whiffs, or you can go into 1PP4K/PP or whatever.

Each to their own though! n_n

Brute

Standard Donor
I've unlocked the secrets of Marie Rose. This is her best tech. Her ultimate, broken, top-tier move. Y'all don't even know...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD