Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

Nereus

Standard Donor
I love Rose's (yeah I call her Rose for short instead of Marie) 2/8P+K, it's an amazing tool. I've gotten behind people at R1F with it. However this is kind of....not happening versus Ayane, I've been hi counter hit every single time I've tried it mid-match against her neutral K (has tracking).

Also, I think we should create an actual combo thread that lists all of Rose's combos we have so far. Or @TRI Mike should edit his OP and list all of the viable combos we have so far. That way, no one will have to search through a bunch of clutter just to find combos they can practice or implement into their game.

I find it a bit ridiculous, like I said before they're will be times where she completely avoids my tracking mids (On the 1st hit) and that same tracking move may work the next time. It's inconsistent. I understand her avoiding high throws and lows, but when she's avoiding mid tracking moves like they aren't tracking, we have problems.

Brute

Standard Donor
I find it a bit ridiculous, like I said before they're will be times where she completely avoids my tracking mids (On the 1st hit) and that same tracking move may work the next time. It's inconsistent. I understand her avoiding high throws and lows, but when she's avoiding mid tracking moves like they aren't tracking, we have problems.
Sometimes I can clip her with 4K and sometimes I can't. It's difficult to formulate a strategy against it as a result, since sometimes something will work, and other times it won't.

Obviously if she spams Minuet P+K all the time you can just 12 frame throw punish, but the SS alone is tricky.

Yaguar

Step 1) 8P+K
Step 2) P+K during.

Scream "Fighto!" down the microphone and watch the tears fall.

Brute

Standard Donor
Step 1) 8P+K
Step 2) P+K during.

Scream "Fighto!" down the microphone and watch the tears fall.
Step 1) Block
Step 2) Wait for Marie to do said nonsense
Step 3) Izuna

Scream "HOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAH!" down the microphone and watch the tears fall.

TRI Mike

I'll edit the OP tomorrow with the combos while at work. I don't think I'll have anything else to do anyway and it's gonna be more organized to search for them that way.

Just hit me up with a mention again to remind me.

Malfury

After a CB... you can do :7::K:, :4::K::4::5::P::P:,:P::P::6::P::K:. Works on all weights besides Super heavies iirc. It may not work on Gen-fu though. Be warned that the 2nd :P: after :4::K::4: may whiff if timed wrong. Its a bit weird :confused:

I got something similar, CB,:7::K:,:4::K:,:6::K::4::K:[BT],:K::K::K: 112ish on average, no crit. The rondo stuff can prolly be explored more, but that's what I found after a couple hours of messing around.

Klts3

Ain finally uploaded Marie combo video. Really good stage combo section, so take a look at it guys.

Yaguar

Couple of no timing Power Launcher combo's. These were found alongside qoodumai last night after some mirror dojo.
Lightweight (Tested vs. Marie Rose):
PL >> (:6::P:):4::K: :K::K: :P::P::6::P::K: - 99 Damage
PL >> (:P:) :9::K: :H+K: :K::K::K: - 100 Damage
PL >> (:4::h:) :8::P: :h: :4::P::P: :P::P::6::P::K: - 110 Damage

Yaguar

:8::P+K: puts you behind your opponent in BT and honestly opens up options. It also jumps so unless you grab it within the first couple of frames, that is going to whiff (and eat :P+K:). Lows? NOT ON MY WATCH! *hops*
Brute was right in saying you could just block the :8::P+K: :P+K: but... there is more.

Remember you land BT if you don't commit to :P+K: so that gives you:
BT :H+P: - Which is +18 and has guaranteed stuff and is an OH.
BT :2::K: - Low sweep that ducks the shit out of the world.
or just :P+K: - Because if they are spamming out, close hit om nom nom.

The rest of her BT game is also at your disposal.
:1::P::P::8: is the same trick. I'll have to check numbers but it seemed like you could do it and continue a combo on CH.

Side note: This is the funniest thing you can do among friends just flying past everything they try.
Oh and tracking? Yeah... So if you do say :6::6::P::P: on Momiji the second hit tracks. If you use this on the first (no tracking), the second will not find you. Tracking doesn't work if your behind the opponent.

Last edited:

Princess Kasumi

after a wall splat :6::K::4: BT:K: :P::P::6::P::K: is so amazing and fun to do! it works on lights and mids.
:6::K::4: BT:K: works on heavy but then you can not connect :P::P: also i even tried her BT moves. the only one that works is :2::P: lol. then i did :9::P: :6::P::K: it works but it does less DMG than :P::P::6::P::K: :marierose:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

She's actually not avoiding Ayane's 4P, K or 3H+K at all from testing. Counter hit and hi counter hit 100% of the time.

Yaguar

So qoodumai (previously qoodname of FSD) found something nice last night. We took it to the lab later so I'll share some of the finds. Initial setup is full credit to him.
Disclaimer: This was found via lab work. If it exists already then apologies for that. We both prefer to try find our own stuff first.

BT :H+P: :9::P: :6::P::P: :6::P: is GUARANTEED after the OH.
At fastest stagger :6::P: will leave you with +16 at threshold.

Anything within () is guaranteed.

None-Staggerable:
BT :H+P: (:9::P: :6::P::P: :6::P:) :3::P:
- :3::P: is a threshold launcher i14. Doesn't give great height but stops stagger fans.

BT :H+P: (:9::P: :6::P::P:) :H+K: (:7::K:)
- Never found a case where you aren't in the right stance to get the crumple.
That said if they counter they will turn and then it does become stance dependant. Like I said, never not seen it.

Reset:
BT :H+P: (:9::P: :6::P::P: :6::P:):4:
- :6::P: has a Rondo option and you can reset back into BT.

Effective options and use:
Depending on what your opponent does after initial you have a few options.
Vs. Fastest Stagger - :3::P:
Vs. Counter - Reset // Condition to hold :8::K: to give you CB options.
Vs. Fast Stagger - :8::K:
Vs. Everything else - :6::6::P:

I'll be doing a video for all this later this weekend when I unpack (just moved this week).
Enjoy.

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
She's actually not avoiding Ayane's 4P, K or 3H+K at all from testing. Counter hit and hi counter hit 100% of the time.

Well i'll throw out Marie's H+K or her 7K. H+K is slow yes, but it tracks. And 7K is a high that tracks. They're will be times where she completely ignores H+K and 7K and times where she won't.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I did some tinkering around with her. The first combo I tried was :K::K:, :H+K:, :7::K:, (BT) :H+K:, (BT) :K::K::K: (89 dmg). Tested it on a lightweight.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I did some tinkering around with her. The first combo I tried was :K::K:, :H+K:, :7::K:, (BT) :H+K:, (BT) :K::K::K: (89 dmg). Tested it on a lightweight.

That doesn't work. On fastest Slow-Escape the frame advantage on the :K::K: sitdown is about +16. :H+K: is 21 frames. Everytime I go to training I always set it to fastest SE.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD