Maximillian's Hands-On video.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Aris and Maximillian both have a background in FGC.I don't understand why you guys seem to hate about Aris?

Aris hates DOA for bad reasons and Max loves it for bad reasons too.

Max admitted that he never really played it but that will change for DOA6 because he was impressed by a really early build focusing on visual and causal aspects...

I don't think anyone actually hates Aris per se. They just think he's a cunt. The fact that he's a Tekken fanboy hobbit makes things worse because the Tekken community is known to have a lot of elitist cunts like Rip.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Aris is annoying, DOA6 gets announced and he makes a 10-15 minute video about why DOA is trash, yet his willing to buy the game because of “teets and cooch”. He has seen nothing except a trailer, and immediately says it’s trash. He’s talking shit about DOA when he haven’t even played it. That’s why people don’t like him.

Fantailler

I don't think anyone actually hates Aris per se. They just think he's a cunt. The fact that he's a Tekken fanboy hobbit makes things worse because the Tekken community is known to have a lot of elitist cunts like Rip.

Well elitist Tekken players make me laugh, considering themselves top-notch when it's actually a dumbed down version of VF.

Still a competitive FG with its own merit.

@King Anubis
It looks more like an easy bait to me, and when i see how the DOA community seems triggered,well it worked... Again...and he's having fun... Again...

It's like bashing Smash players or anime fighters.It's trash talking 101within fgc, at least for SF/tekken warriors.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Aris and Maximillian both have a background in FGC.I don't understand why you guys seem to hate about Aris?

Max admitted that he never really played it but that will change for DOA6 because he was impressed by a really early build focusing on visual and casual aspects...
When the words "I'm going to seriously actually learn to play" leave your mouth about any game, I dont care what the reasons are, it's a positive thing for the game and the community because it's going to give it more exposure. This is especially true with Max who is a positive YouTuber and streamer with a healthy fanbase. I dont dislike Aris. I just cant tolerate watching him for very long. Hes going to play DOA as a joke, as a bit. So I'm hoping TN has the mechanics sorted out tight and balanced at launch to prove him wrong.

Fantailler

@NewWestFan

If the views plummet for x reasons on his channel,will he be as hyped ?

I'm not trying to discredit him,but i doubt he'll end up becoming a diehardfan.I'm just wondering.

But again the more exposure the better,especially from Max with his healthy fanbase.

Macca Beam

he was impressed by a really early build focusing on visual and casual aspects...
EVEN disregarding the technical aspects of the build (which are themselves nothing to write home about) one has to be an easily impressed sheep to think that build looks anywhere near acceptable visually
- actually garbage user interface
- announcer literally says "GET READY, FRIGHT"
- boring single story square/circle arenas. previous doa games didn't market themselves with this limp dick level design
- incredibly annoying fatal stun screen jelly and sound effect
- gameplay is constantly interrupted by gaudy closeup face shots and slomos (so cinematique!) that serve absolutely no purpose other than mindlessly ripping off an abominable aspect of modern westie fighting games and to make it look HYPE AND EPIC on streams. catering to the esports subhuman crowd was a mistake.
and no, it doesn't make your hits more "impactful". pressing a button to play a 3 second movie clip during which you have no input at all is NOT the correct way to do visual feedback. leave that nonsense in turn-based jrpgs, thanks.
- game lags even on pc when someone gets launched into the fence in colosseum. as much as the 5 port gets memed on at least it gets its frame rate right
- everything is recolors. half of the playable roster wears the exact same generic body suit
- gratuitous navel exposure when you get blasted into an electric fence on your back. good to know it supports clothing destruction out of the gate, i guess
- extremely generic "durp i won't lose!" "i'm here 2 fight!" *says my weeb chuuni catchphrase* fight intros/outros. and helena doing her i'm so graceful schtick while looking like she just fell off a skyscraper is the most hilarious shit
- ninja fights look terrible with all the anime particle effects

Last edited:
  • Star
Reactions: Rob

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Max admitted that he never really played it but that will change for DOA6 because he was impressed by a really early build focusing on visual and casual aspects...

To be fair, Max pulled the same thing with DOA5 and mentioned that he was willing to learn it in one of the streams during Mai's release. This man just went straight online after the game's arcade mode with Mai and it's like son, you haven't even learned to stagger out of stuns nor get familiar with character attacks to punish after. No throw punishment etc. Maybe if he actually sat down that time (or maybe this time), he'd be willing to put more content and exposure for the game in positive notes.

Main problem with Aris is that he's never actually sat down and try the game (literally), so it would be nice if someone actually sat down with the guy and show him how the game is (Frame data, DOA approach, environment etc.) No one has done that with Aris as of yet so it's a little bit of both. He can make his decision from there on so if he still doesn't like the game, then he's out. It's literally to prevent people like Aris making statements like that if they actually sat down and learned it (even though he's trolling and doing it for entertainment because that's just how Aris is). Most of the fault lies with Aris though, he's never talked with the community to learn the game and most of us travel to play the game so maybe he'll sit down and listen (or not).

EVEN disregarding the technical aspects of the build (which are themselves nothing to write home about) one has to be an easily impressed sheep to think that build looks anywhere near acceptable visually
- boring single story square/circle arenas. previous doa games didn't market themselves with this limp dick level design
- gameplay is constantly interrupted by gaudy closeup face shots and slomos (so cinematique!) that serve absolutely no purpose other than mindlessly ripping off an abominable aspect of modern westie fighting games and to make it look HYPE AND EPIC on streams. catering to the esports subhuman crowd was a mistake.
and no, it doesn't make your hits more "impactful". pressing a button to play a 3 second movie clip during which you have no input at all is NOT the correct way to do visual feedback. leave that nonsense in turn-based jrpgs, thanks.
- game lags even on pc when someone gets launched into the fence in colosseum. as much as the 5 port gets memed on at least it gets its frame rate right
- everything is recolors. half of the playable roster wears the exact same generic body suit
- gratuitous navel exposure when you get blasted into an electric fence on your back. good to know it supports clothing destruction out of the gate, i guess
- extremely generic "durp i won't lose!" "i'm here 2 fight!" *says my weeb chuuni catchphrase* fight intros/outros. and helena doing her i'm so graceful schtick while looking like she just fell off a skyscraper is the most hilarious shit

Son, the game is only 10%. It's not even the final product like woa.

Raansu

This has got to be one of the most unreasonable of unreasonable posts. Think I'll save my time and just put this guy on ignore.

Macca Beam

Found the seething easily impressed guy. Criticism is hard to swallow for your kind, I understand ;-)
Or TN could not waltz into E3 with what essentially looks like a pre-proto-alpha indie game made in unity.

unreasonable
It's plenty reasonable for anybody who isn't a 5baby.

Last edited:

Macca Beam

I know you're trying to sound smart, but a recording doesn't need to be "coded".
And it just HAPPENS to lag at the very moment the game spawns a bunch of particle effects, what a convenient coinkydink.

ryu_highabusa

A 10% build of an unreleased game isn't completely optimized or have complete content? :eek: The horror! Call the presses! :mad:

Like, your entire list of complaints can be summed up as "the game isn't more done."

If that's your whole point then the solution is clear:

frozen-cartman.jpg

Have you ever made anything?

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I haven’t seen so much negativity since Argentus’ posts in the old DLC costumes thread.
The game isn’t even finished yet, of course there are many errors in the game right now. TN will listen to the feedback from the fans to improve the game before they release it. So, calm your ballsacks because there’s plenty of time for them to fix the errors that are in the game now.
Found the seething easily impressed guy. Criticism is hard to swallow for your kind, I understand ;-)
Or TN could not waltz into E3 with what essentially looks like a pre-proto-alpha indie game made in unity.

It's plenty reasonable for anybody who isn't a 5baby.
Please, don’t be like that DOA4 guy that got banned. You wouldn’t like being the next one. Like everybody else says, the game IS NOT FINISHED. Maybe because of your reading problems it was hard for you to read that part.

Fantailler

Main problem with Aris is that he's never actually sat down and try the game (literally), so it would be nice if someone actually sat down with the guy and show him how the game is (Frame data, DOA approach, environment etc.) No one has done that with Aris as of yet so it's a little bit of both. He can make his decision from there on so if he still doesn't like the game, then he's out. It's literally to prevent people like Aris making statements like that if they actually sat down and learned it (even though he's trolling and doing it for entertainment because that's just how Aris is). Most of the fault lies with Aris though, he's never talked with the community to learn the game and most of us travel to play the game so maybe he'll sit down and listen (or not).

It's not Aris's fault per se.It's the other way around actually.The community could reach him and take time to discuss with him in an open-minded manner about the pros and cons of DOA. He's not totally right,he's not totally wrong...

If he attacked me as a DOA player about the obvious flaws concerning sexualization and gameplay issues i would laugh with him honestly (that's what i'm doing actually) and try to show him the underlying potential.Self-mockery doesn't hurt.

I believe Aris would give better feedback about DOA than Max in the end,considering his background with Tekken and Soulcalibur(DOA is somewhat similar to SC in term of spacing).He may not give a f*** though which is his right.

Convincing this troll with facts,or at least try,would be more beneficial to Doa's reputation than pushing forward a player impressed by visual and fan service(Hayabusa and Mai in this case) who may very well be jumping in the hype train for views.

Max is giving it a try at least, but he doesn't seem to know the tumultuous story surrounding DOA.He's approaching it too lightly in my opinion, which slightly bothers me,but he has every right to do so.He doesn't have to be involved after all...especially if we consider where he stands at the moment.

More casual hype isn't Doa's priority,it has already been earned for a long time.

Edit:The community could also try to reach Maximillian.Making the first step in the right direction in a way...let's prove them wrong instead of blaming our own fanbase for its failure.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

It's not Aris's fault per se.It's the other way around actually.The community could reach him and take time to discuss with him in an open-minded manner about the pros and cons of DOA. He's not totally right,he's not totally wrong...

...What? I'm pretty sure that if he really wanted to, he would actually go and check for himself. I have seen and heard of plenty of people from the FGC talk about Dead or Alive and whether they actually play and like it or or play and don't like it for actual credible reasons.
I STILL remember one of the most random asides from like a tournament 2 years ago I believe where it was two commentators commentating for a different game suddenly sing praise for DOA5U and the scene we made. I'm not sure if the person was K-Brad but it definitely someone who actually played at tournies for other games.

There was even times at EVO where it is even covered on this website that notable tourney players have taken time and stopped and watched the DOA Side Stream with nothing negative to say in the least. If Aris is 100% serious in his claims and isn't someone who just wounds people up, then it actually becomes WORSE for him because he could easily choose to make his point known by actually watching others play the game and ask around himself.

So in truth, you would actually be better off saying he's only doing this to wind people up, not because he's too lazy to actually get credible information.

Edit:The community could also try to reach Maximillian.Making the first step in the right direction in a way...let's prove them wrong instead of blaming our own fanbase for its failure.
Okay bro, you must have not been here when we in fact tried to do that the two times he announced he was going to play Dead or Alive 5 for Mai's inclusion and the Dead or Alive retrospective he did... he didn't care, acted like a fool with his friends throughout the retrospective and didn't even actually try and learn the system in DOA5, even when we told him that... which is ironic because he praises the hell out of KI's Tutorial but ignore's DOA5's despite being a similar in depth tutorial because "he ain't got time for that".

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
With regards to Aris learning DOA, I'd just take the notion with a grain of salt. Aris is a stubborn individual and his shtick & "brand" is to be a trash-talking moron that calls a bunch of things "trash". It's how he is, and the image that his fanbase follows. It's just a "give-no-fucks, say-what's-on-your-mind" mentality. Keep in mind that a lot of people don't really believe it's trash because he never gives concrete reasons why it's "trash". I'd say just leave him be and think what he wants. If DOA6 is successful, he'll just look like a bigger ass. On the bright side, Aris indirectly gave DOA6 exposure and had a lot of his viewers go: "Huh? Why is DOA trash?" leading to a curious mindset. DOA6 can definitely benefit from the general gaming public having a curious mindset.

With regards to Maximillian, I'm pleased with his exposure of DOA6 so far, and will hold him to his "wanting to learn DOA6 properly" claim. He's a hype dude, and can potentially be one of the right people to expose DOA to a larger audience. On the otherhand, he completely didn't portray DOA5/LR in a positive light and indirectly mocked the game via the reasons @Xhominid The Demon Within laid out. When Mr. Wah, of all people, try to help you out at DOA and you pretty much ignore him and complain about the lag from the matches instead, that's a serious problem for how much the DOA community will think that Max'll portray DOA in a positive light in the future. With that said, I'm a forgiving dude, and will give him a second shot to portray DOA6 positively in the future, but if he blows that, I'm losing faith in him.

Fantailler

@Xhominid The Demon Within

From his claims DOA is a joke,so i don't see why he would invest time in it...he said that Perfect legend's friends make fun of him being a DOA EVO champion.It seems pretty clear to me how he values DOA.He's trolling and it's an obvious bait still working pretty well.It's like trash talking anime fighters and smash...

What i meant with my post was to prove him wrong That's all.

Okay bro, you must have not been here when we in fact tried to do that the two times he announced he was going to play Dead or Alive 5 for Mai's inclusion and the Dead or Alive retrospective he did... he didn't care, acted like a fool with his friends throughout the retrospective and didn't even actually try and learn the system in DOA5, even when we told him that... which is ironic because he praises the hell out of KI's Tutorial but ignore's DOA5's despite being a similar in depth tutorial because "he ain't got time for that".

That was pretty much my point,did you read my previous posts about Max being so hype for every new fighting game ?He's running a channel and lives from it.Demonetization of MK on youtube ? Did you see this one too from Max ? I'm skeptical about him but it's more exposure.

It may have been poor phrasing from me though.

Proving Aris Wrong if he's such a problem...
Teach Max if he's so important...

Edit:So you guys did reach Max and it didn't work Well ?My bad i misread...

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Edit:So you guys did reach Max and it didn't work Well ?My bad i misread...

It was me and Mr. Wah. I mean, Max acted like he never seen titties before when he started playing with that motion control with his buds. It may be different now but it would be easier to teach people in person.

We might be going slightly off topic, we can't make this a DOA vs Youtuber x Aris topic.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD