Momiji General Discussion

SilverForte

I remember reading her Advanced mid hold guaranteed a 2p afterwards, if that is true this damage buff will be more helpful that it seems.

Brute

Standard Donor
Wonder how much the :2: :H+K: Hurtbox was "adjusted"... probably won't crush any mids anymore.
Ryu's is being adjusted, too. My guess is that they're going to be synced, now. Either they both crush mids, or neither will.

Crext

Standard Donor
It may be possible her 66K is now a lift stun. If its not a lift stun then i cant think of any other possibility. Just know that if it is indeed a lift stun this is a really good change for her and could possibly make 66KK a 2 in 1 in stun.

As for Momiji how do you guys feel about the changes? I'm going to miss neutral on block jab and hopefully they didnt make her movement speed lower.

True, it may be a buff on 66k, but the nerf from -1 to -5 on 236k and all it's combos (almost in every good rotation) takes away a lot of Hitomi's pressure game (it is her nr. 1 combo finisher after all). It looks like they are turning her more into a spacer. 66k is after all her "I'm going in from distance to get in your face"-move, and not something to be used up close for most parts, not to mention that the initial kick almost never hits. Of course, it may also be that 66k now can be used as a launcher, I dunno. That would actually help a lot but that would mean she'd already have to have some stun going on which she does not get that often. I don't know about this as mentioned, I feel like they are taking away her best tools and giving her something which doesn't really help her meta. But I could be wrong of course, as there is a lot in the words I don't quite get how would turn out here.

On a different note, Ein gets a solid overall buff, all his throws and holds gets increased damage, and that might overall give him some new life as his close game get more frighting for the opposition as he hurts them more if he managed to read them.

However, the most scary change I've seen is Jann Lee's 6p going from 12 to 11 frames WITHOUT dmg nerf! Considering how good his spacing is, he now manages to beat EVERYONE in mid frames. He'll beat out the likes of Christie in dmg and everyone else in pure frame advantage. This tool alone will heighten his tier substantially. Maybe something for you to look into?

Jacky also gets an overall buff to damage, and all the grablers might be getting some indirect buffs due to frames for many people going to the levels where only they can either safethrow or throw.

All around I feel these are the people gaining and suffering from these changes. Then again, there is a lot in the words which I don't know how will play out, so I guess we'll just see. I don't see why they target Hitomi though, of everyone I feel she is the one getting hit by the banhammer the hardest unless hitbox changes to Christie or Helena makes them far easier to hit, etc, etc.

The most interesting note on Momiji is that "large characters" can guard tenka p after 6kk. That sounds like some completely new mechanics to me as I've not notice weight classes influencing anything other than launches so far, and not their ability to guard, but maybe that is me living under a rock on that part of the game.

But ye sorry, guess I kinda semi-ninjaed the thread on that one, by not mentioning Momiji exclusively, so I'll head over to the main article for these things then.

Yaguar

But ye sorry, guess I kinda semi-ninjaed the thread on that one, by not mentioning Momiji exclusively, so I'll head over to the main article for these things then.

I guess you could say... You Hayabused this thread.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Ryu's is being adjusted, too. My guess is that they're going to be synced, now. Either they both crush mids, or neither will.

If they start syncing moves between the two, they could buff her Izuna Dmg to Ryu's level as well :p
(Ryu still has the style advantage obviously... even if Momiji has flames and stuff... although her ceiling version looks pretty neat imo)

Well at least her :2: :H+K: still has more range... and no half hit property (none that I'm aware of at least), so it might not be that bad actually...

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Momiji's Izuna damage should have been buffed from the get-go. It's hardly useful beyond style points currently due to her juggle options.

Yaguar

So here is what I have so far from the few minutes I was in training:

Momiji's BT :P: no longer causes feint on NH. (99.9% it used to).
Her BT :4::K: still sends opponents out of reach.

All of her Tenku options can still be fuzzy guarded to avoid EVERYTHING. No change there.
:2::H+K: crushes nothing in mid. Her own :3::P: (worlds worst hitbox) destroys it.

She still has all her bounds, wooo!

Last edited:

SilverForte

So here is what I have so far from the few minutes I was in training:

Her BT :4::K: still sends opponents out of reach.

All of her Tenku options can still be fuzzy guarded to avoid EVERYTHING. No change there.
:2::H+K: crushes nothing in mid. Her own :3::P: (worlds worst hitbox) destroys it.

She still has all her bounds, wooo!

Tenku P can't be punished anymore though, so fuzzy doesn't solve everything anymore.

Oh, and how doesn't her movement feel now, I heard it was changed.

Yaguar

Little bit derp. Hayabusa's ends in K or 360T, Momiji's ends in P or 360T.

Not like anyone uses either, anyways.

Nearly full hurr durr. Can't say I've ever used it so I herped the derp there.
She doesn't have much different in the long run bar the 2H+K and P changes.

Edit: Note to future self: Stacking effect of nerfs. She'll have it.

Last edited:

Saber

It never did cause a feint stun on NH. Even pre-patch.

Other than that, I welcome Tenku P guard break, but not Tenku K's dumb nerf to -2, and worst still, nothing about Momiji's main weaknesses are fixed yet.

"Lows too strong" my fucking ass (Ayane has a stun-launch game that's too strong, where's the nerf, huh, TN?). The lows were fine. Yes, 2H+K could crush some mids, but so can a bunch of other characters' lows and we don't see TN nerfing theirs.

And Momiji only has 4 fucking lows, 1 of which is useless.

-2 on NH P also makes shit sense. It was fine. It didn't give her any significant advantage over a match, if at all.

At least they didn't nerf her damage output, thank goodness.

Xernuht

I did wonder about the 'lows too strong' thing. It's not like the sweep was an i12 mid crush that leaves you at advantage on block. Offline, it's absolutely punishable and leads to no additional damage. Online, you couldn't even spam it.
(Ayane has a stun-launch game that's too strong, where's the nerf, huh, TN?)

Apparently Hayashi loves Ayane and Gen Fu.

guys tell TN to patch this. Her Tenku can also be punished by striking b4 guard break. I'm not a fan of Tenku P and K being able to be side stepped either.

FatalxInnocence

I still don't understand why people are using tenku setups as a block string anyway. You can't SS out of stun, or block it... so problem solved. Use it in a stun setup to avoid being SS, or hit out of it, or blocked etc.

Also, her izuna is actually the most damage you can get off a CB =S so not sure what you guys are talking about again. Unless of course you're going for a power launcher, then obviously a power launcher combo will be of better use. But if you can't power launch, 236P+K pp izuna is her most damaging combo after a CB. And I've messed with a lot combo wise with her.

( kinda tuned in half way so forgive me is this is a pointless rant >_>;; )

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD