• Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well, I'm ready for this new "big" female character, but it has to be pretty uncomfortable to actually fight with that much weight on you. Need some sturdy bras for that.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Well, I'm ready for this new "big" female character, but it has to be pretty uncomfortable to actually fight with that much weight on you. Need some sturdy bras for that.
If Rangiku can handle stuff like this with a breeze, then I'm sure a female from DOA can. It would be quite a surprise if a DOA girl couldn't...lol

lotr9690

tbh I would love for the new female to be something based off something mythical like idk........ dragons you can never go wrong with dragons
tumblr_m8qtfucGiD1r31dt0o4_400.gif

Jack.gif

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I know a lot of people like to forget about it, but the story mode from vanilla is returning in LR and would would account for the swords and throwing weapons which are featured prominently in the game's cinematics.

ESRB said:
Players mostly punch and kick opponents during fast-paced rounds of combat. Some fighters use special attacks involving swords, throwing weapons, or magic; matches are accompanied by battle cries and exaggerated impact effects. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence, such as characters getting struck down with swords in slow motion.

The word "Also" divides up the explanations of cinematics and gameplay, with the previously mentioned details falling into the gameplay camp and not cinematic camp. The phrasing of "special attacks" would be incredibly misleading if it simply pertained to a cutscene, especially given the genre we are talking about.

This is not to say the ESRB simply haven't blundered, of course. They do that.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
The word "Also" divides up the explanations of cinematics and gameplay, with the previously mentioned details falling into the gameplay camp and not cinematic camp. The phrasing of "special attacks" would be incredibly misleading if it simply pertained to a cutscene, especially given the genre we are talking about.

This is not to say the ESRB simply haven't blundered, of course. They do that.
Well, their rating for 5U was written in the exact same fashion, so I'm inclined to think they are just lazy and have poor wording.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I can't really say much. There was a presentation on showcase a very short while ago. According to the said video, the new female character seems... young. Like on "Marie Rose" terms. However... this the reveal we have so far.

Jadeinchains

Kinda worried if it is a cute moe character but with gigantic boobs. Because I know that is a staple of lots of anime.

But I will remain optimistic because she might turn out to be awesome.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Had a feeling that the new character would have this sort of approach. I am not overly excited about this new character either... but I still need to somehow retain judgement until the full blown reveal.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD